Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new article can also be accessed on Blazebernstein.org under latest news for those who can't access the LA times

https://blazebernstein.org/blog

The Bernstein's say they aren't going to attend any of the criminal court proceedings at all unless they are really needed.

I worry though about the impact not having the victims family in the courtroom may have on a jury to keep Blaze real to them. Hopefully I just worry too much.
Any thoughts on this ??

The new article can also be accessed on Blazebernstein.org under latest news for those who can't access the LA times

https://blazebernstein.org/blog

The Bernstein's say they aren't going to attend any of the criminal court proceedings at all unless they are really needed.

I worry though about the impact not having the victims family in the courtroom may have on a jury to keep Blaze real to them. Hopefully I just worry too much.
Any thoughts on this ??

The Bernstein family's decision is wonderful imho. BB's mum had already expressed on an article -or a TV interview- her desire for this to be a fair trial and by not attending any of the criminal court proceedings they are making sure the jury just focus on the facts and evidence presented in court and forget about their emotions and how they feel about this murder.

It shows a lot of class on their part to have come to this decision.

I just find the behaviour of this teacher who is telling anecdotes and sharing his views on SW's personality unprofessional to say the least, is this legal in the USA? In most European countries it is illegal for a teacher to speak to the media about a student accused of a murder or any type of crime. In fact, those working for a duly registered school would face immediate dismissal and also charges in court.

Particularly worrying is the fact he seems to carefully select the anecdotes he shares with the newspapers e.g. the rehearsal for a performance of a scene from the Tarantino movie as if trying to imply he knew before this tragedy happened that SW was violent.

If he knew, being a teacher myself, I wonder... what did he do about it, this knowledge he had? because teachers have a duty to take a holistic approach when dealing with their students. It is not only about their grades but also about caring & keeping an eye on their wellbeing and any signs of struggle they might spot and report those immediately to the youth interventionist -sorry, not sure if that is the term in English- and/or the psycho-pedagogue at the high school.

It is all too easy now that this crime has already been committed to reach the papers -this teacher, his classmates etc- and say they had noticed, long time ago, that his behaviour was not quite right.

I am finding huge differences between this case and how similar cases are dealt with in Europe when it comes to the media and the leaking of information. It is shocking.

Jmo.

I’m thinking this teacher no longer works for the school, maybe no longer a teacher. If he were still teaching at the school, I am quite sure there would be consequences. I agree with you...it is completely inappropriate.

While we are in a slow news cycle with reference to this case, I would like to ask :

Is it a fact that SW IS gay?

Is it a fact that SW is homophobic?
I would think being gay and Homophobic would make one highly conflicted being what you cannot tolerate
Has a toxicology screening been done on SW?
I would think being on drugs and being highly conflicted would cause some serious behavior problems.

Do we know why SW had a rental car? Was it for the camping trip? and was the Knife in his possession for his camp outing?

In or near June BB texted to friends that SW was going to hit on him. Do we kno when that text was actually sent to friends.
Did SW tell him not to tell anyone and was that before or after that text.
Do we know when the "uh Oh" text was sent ?

I was raised Catholic and nothing ever made me feel negative toward homosexuals .I was always taught in Catholic grade and High school, God created us in the image and likeness of himself and homosexuals were Gods creation, therefore part of the human fabric. If God created humanity, then homosexuals were good to go.
So No Catholic Hate here.
Could we be talking about Scientology or Born Again Christians?. Although I do not believe, like another poster said, any religion teaches "hate", Intolerance may come out of some religious views, but never taught.

Finally when are we going to get some new news to talk about. We are so recycling our thoughts on previous theories.

TIA,
RUK

In response to RU KIDDING post - I forgot to quote it.

Yes, Blaze was gay. He was very open about it and out at U Penn and he was an active part of the lgbt community at Penn. He had a Grinder and Tinder (male interested in male) social media accounts. My son was good friends with Blaze.

No idea if SW was homophobic - it has been reported in the media that he had social media accounts that were hate filled and violent. Users that interacted with him reported that he was.
https://nypost.com/2018/01/20/distu...gue-killer-pretending-to-crush-friends-skull/

Haven't heard anything about toxicology done on SW and I have been following this case pretty closely.

We dont know why SW had a rental car, when he rented it, or even if it was the car he used to pick up BB, nor why he had camping gear.

The uh-oh text was part of the June text that BB sent to his two female friends about SW about to hit on him.

Glad to hear you had that experience with Catholicism and being gay!
Yes we are talking about SW and his family being devout Catholics. Not Scientology or Born again Christians. Without getting into a discussion about religions (which they don"t want us to do here), I think it is important to see exactly what The Catechism of the Catholic Church says about homosexuality so you can know why SW and his family might have not been accepting.

"Chastity and homosexuality2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,[SUP]141[/SUP] tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."[SUP]142[/SUP] They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.
2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.
2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm

I think the next date is Feb 2 for the arraignment unless someone leaks info before then....

While we are in a slow news cycle with reference to this case, I would like to ask :

Is it a fact that SW IS gay?

Is it a fact that SW is homophobic?
I would think being gay and Homophobic would make one highly conflicted being what you cannot tolerate
Has a toxicology screening been done on SW?
I would think being on drugs and being highly conflicted would cause some serious behavior problems.

Do we know why SW had a rental car? Was it for the camping trip? and was the Knife in his possession for his camp outing?

In or near June BB texted to friends that SW was going to hit on him. Do we kno when that text was actually sent to friends.
Did SW tell him not to tell anyone and was that before or after that text.
Do we know when the "uh Oh" text was sent ?

I was raised Catholic and nothing ever made me feel negative toward homosexuals .I was always taught in Catholic grade and High school, God created us in the image and likeness of himself and homosexuals were Gods creation, therefore part of the human fabric. If God created humanity, then homosexuals were good to go.
So No Catholic Hate here.
Could we be talking about Scientology or Born Again Christians?. Although I do not believe, like another poster said, any religion teaches "hate", Intolerance may come out of some religious views, but never taught.

Finally when are we going to get some new news to talk about. We are so recycling our thoughts on previous theories.

TIA,
RUK

BBM I'm struggling as to how these kinds of comments can be addressed in a thread in which we are walking a fine line over what's permissible or not when it comes to theories in this case that necessarily deal with religion. All I will say about this is that in my experience, your upbringing in your church was unique in the grand scheme of things. Your claims about your particular church have not been my experience in the Catholic Church at all. And I can say unequivocally that yes, there are religions/churches which teach hate. They might not come out and label it as such, but the teachings leave little option other than hate being the ultimate consequence. I think all of the speculation surrounding his religious upbringing are completely valid given what we know.

BBM I'm struggling as to how these kinds of comments can be addressed in a thread in which we are walking a fine line over what's permissible or not when it comes to theories in this case that necessarily deal with religion. All I will say about this is that in my experience, your upbringing in your church was unique in the grand scheme of things. Your claims about your particular church have not been my experience in the Catholic Church at all. And I can say unequivocally that yes, there are religions/churches which teach hate. They might not come out and label it as such, but the teachings leave little option other than hate being the ultimate consequence. I think all of the speculation surrounding his religious upbringing are completely valid given what we know.

I have to disagree with that statement. If that were the case (hate being the ultimate consequence), why don't we see people getting murdered on a daily basis? I see this case as not about an entire religion, but about one person who had problems going on in his life.

Who defines hate?

In response to RU KIDDING post - I forgot to quote it.

Yes, Blaze was gay. He was very open about it and out at U Penn and he was an active part of the lgbt community at Penn. He had a Grinder and Tinder (male interested in male) social media accounts. My son was good friends with Blaze.

No idea if SW was homophobic - it has been reported in the media that he had social media accounts that were hate filled and violent. Users that interacted with him reported that he was.
https://nypost.com/2018/01/20/distu...gue-killer-pretending-to-crush-friends-skull/

Haven't heard anything about toxicology done on SW and I have been following this case pretty closely.

We dont know why SW had a rental car, when he rented it, or even if it was the car he used to pick up BB, nor why he had camping gear.

The uh-oh text was part of the June text that BB sent to his two female friends about SW about to hit on him.

Glad to hear you had that experience with Catholicism and being gay!
Yes we are talking about SW and his family being devout Catholics. Not Scientology or Born again Christians. Without getting into a discussion about religions (which they don"t want us to do here), I think it is important to see exactly what The Catechism of the Catholic Church says about homosexuality so you can know why SW and his family might have not been accepting.

"Chastity and homosexuality2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,[SUP]141[/SUP] tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."[SUP]142[/SUP] They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.
2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.
2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm

I think the next date is Feb 2 for the arraignment unless someone leaks info before then....

Ugh, the scientific ignorance and cruelty in that statement is just infuriating. Can you just imagine growing up in an environment where that is taught/preached? To think how many have been damaged is just so, so sad.

Has any information been released to indicate that Blaze engaged in on-line hook-ups for casual sex?

Like RU Kidding, I was never taught anything hateful about homosexuality in the Catholic church. In fact, in multiple churches across 3 states, it was just never brought up at all during church, catechism, or church events.

It's actually possible that your experience was the unique one, not ours.

Yes, there are some hateful people who do happen to be catholic (and Baptist, methodist, atheist, etc), but largely the American Catholic flock is pretty pro LGBT, and we just don't hear anything in church about it.

Here are some stats from 2014.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...cs-overwhelmingly-accepting-of-homosexuality/
fbf899e471775bc1d5323160c0fde42d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ugh, the scientific ignorance and cruelty in that statement is just infuriating. Can you just imagine growing up in an environment where that is taught/preached? To think how many have been damaged is just so, so sad.
It's not really taught and preached. The average Catholic would have to go look it up in the catechism to see what exactly the church says about it.

I AM Catholic, and no, I can't imagine growing up being preached to about the evils of homosexuality, because it never happened - not once in my life, and clearly not once in many other's lives.

It's one of those things you are generally only going to hear about in the church environment if you sit down and ask a priest about it specifically.

My point is that it isn't drilled into us. It isn't preached about. Sermons are more likely to be about love, kindness, compassion, and understanding.

So IMO, it is reaching a great deal to say that SW's religion made him this way. More than likely, it was the influence from family and friends that contributed to any ANTI-LGBT feelings.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Could you please explain your post.

I feel I have been offensive and that was not my intention.

I am grateful to have had My religious upbringing , and am sorry you have had the experience you've had to make such statements.

However I am not naïve, and realize Hate and intolerance will always be an individual experience. I am sorry you have experienced that in your life.

My post was nothing more than sharing MY experience . It was not meant to be painting all religions with a broad stroke of the brush.

Again I would ask you to please explain the point you want to make regarding my post.
Thank You,
RUK

I am deeply saddened by the horrific murder of this incredible young man. My heart goes out to his loved one's. That's all I got. For now. RIP Blaze.

As we have gone somewhat outside the WS norm in allowing limited discussion of some sensitive topics, please keep your comments related to the case at hand.

:tyou:

Personally, I don't know if him being Catholic has as much to do with his anti-gay opinion as his upbringing and personal beliefs as he grew up. It's probably is based more on his life experiences than anything else.

Which as most of us know, changes and involves with age and time. He's young yet, who knows if he I'll always feel this way. IMO

From the first page of this thread:

OK Everyone,

Stop with the constant Catholic Church stuff.

We know the Catholic Church's position on Homosexuals.

Let's wait and see if the motive for the murder of Blaze has anything to do with religion.

Stop posting bulletins for the Catholic Church. Stop posting anything that has people's names on it that are either minors or have nothing to do with the case.

I am not going to say you can't mention the Catholic Church. I really want to give you all a bit of leeway to discuss all reasonable motives but I will shut down the whole religion discussion if everyone keeps harping on it and arguing with each other.

Move on, please.

Tricia

There must be something wrong with my keyboard because apparently what I am typing is invisible.

It has been proven that the Catholic Church's stance on homosexuality is a very negative and archaic. However, that does not mean all Catholic's feel the same way the Church does. As with anything, please do not lump all Catholics together assuming everyone has the same viewpoints as Rome. That is just not true. Growing up I don't think I ever heard anyone mention anything about homosexuality in the church.

I was raised Catholic. Haven't been to church in years. Those of you who are not Catholic now know where the Catholic Church stands on homosexuality.

We know the family of the accused attends Catholic Mass on a regular basis.

That is all we know. We have no idea if they hold the same beliefs as Rome.

We will have to wait and see if the accused family's beliefs had anything to do with whatever happened.

You can post your theories as long as you follow our terms of service and don't go off on a tangent about religion.

Until we get new information let's settle on this fact again:

It has been proven that the Catholic Church's stance on homosexuality is a very negative and archaic. The family of the accused attends Catholic Mass on a regular basis. We will have to wait and see if the accused family's beliefs had anything to do with whatever happened.
Please do not lump all Catholics together assuming everyone has the same viewpoints as Rome. That is just not true

Thank you,
Tricia

I have to disagree with that statement. If that were the case (hate being the ultimate consequence), why don't we see people getting murdered on a daily basis? I see this case as not about an entire religion, but about one person who had problems going on in his life.

Who defines hate?

This case absolutely is not about a religion, but that doesn’t mean religion didn’t play a part in what led this man to take a life.

Many religions teach people to judge others who do not fit into whichever cookie cutter they believe God approves of. Most people aren’t irrational enough to turn that ideology into violence, but throughout history we have seen it happen repeatedly. Usually by extremists or psychopaths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member