Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #8 *Arrest*

That still doesn't prove that the "horrible thing" was Blaze having sexted Woodward's private parts. There's no proof of that. Only Woodward's words.
I did not say that. I said we will never know what that meant. I only shared the source to show the text was real.

Monday, June 24th:
*Trial continues (Day 30) (@ 9am PT) – CA – Blaze Bernstein (19) (Jan. 2, 2018, Lake Forest; found Jan. 9, 2018; he was stabbed 19 times in his neck; 14 times on the left, 5 on the right & 1 stab wound in his left knee) – *Samuel Lincoln Woodward (20/now 26) arrested (1/15/18) & charged (1/17/18) & arraigned (11/9/18) with 1 count of felony murder with a hate crime enhancement for killing someone because of their sexual orientation & sentencing enhancement-personal use of a knife. Plead not guilty (again on 11/9/18). $5M bail, bail revoked (11/9/18). In custody of the Theo Lacy jail.
Trial began on 4/9/24. Court DARK on Fridays.
Judge Kimberly K. Menninger presiding. Prosecutor DA Todd Spitzer & Senior Deputy DA Jennifer Walker; Defense attorney assistant public defender Kenneth S. Morrison (from the Orange County Public Defender’s Office).
State rested their case (I think) on 5/7/24. Defense began on 5/8/24.

Court hearings from 2/2/18 thru 2/29/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-14 (3/6 thru 4/4/24) & Trial Day 1-28 (4/9-6/18/24) reference post #387 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ake-forest-2-jan-2018-8-arrest.618349/page-20

6/20/24 Thursday, Trial Day 29: Defense witness: Samuel Woodward back on stand & will be back on Monday for cross-exam. Trial continues on Monday, 6/24/24.

This article was posted this morning but referring to testimony from Thursday.

"I found one of the knives," he said of what he used as a tool at a job to open containers.

"I couldn't even see what was going on and at that point," he said, pausing a long moment, "I just, the phone wasn't even in the light anymore. Nothing was in the light anymore. I just kept driving and driving the knife down."

(...)

When asked how [BB] responded, he said, "During that time and the ensuing tumble I just never felt nothing other than being clawed and bitten."

[SW] recalled then "smashing" [BB]'s phone.

(...)

[The DA] also questioned [SW] about text messages he sent to [BB] after he was dead asking where he was as a way to cover up the crime.

Per the article, today was SW's fifth and final day on the stand.

[SW]...testified Thursday that [BB] said something along the lines of “I got you, you (expletive) hypocrite” and used the word “outed” before [SW] stabbed him to death and buried him with his bare hands.

Under questioning by [the DA] on Monday, [SW] said he could not recall the order of where he stabbed [BB].

“How did you stab him 14 times on the left side of his neck when he was sitting right next to you?” [the DA] asked.

“I can’t remember,” [SW] replied.

“And how did you stab him five times to the right side of his neck, when he was sitting on your right?” The prosecutor asked.

“I can’t remember,” [SW] said.

“What was Blaze saying as you stabbed him these multiple times?”

“I can’t remember him saying anything.”

“He wasn’t screaming for his life?”

“No. I can’t remember what he was saying.”

Yup just as I said, we're not gonna get anything from this loser. This is the defense they took 6 years to orchestrate. What an embarrassment for the justice department and Orange County.

“Did you use the water fountain by the bathrooms to clean off the knife?” Walker asked.

“No, I did not,” Woodward replied.

“Where did you clean off the knife?

“I don’t remember.”

Why I oughta jump through the screen and strangle you h*e.

Last edited:
Tuesday, June 5th:
*Trial continues (Day 31) (@ 8am PT) – CA – Blaze Bernstein (19) (Jan. 2, 2018, Lake Forest; found Jan. 9, 2018; he was stabbed 19 times in his neck; 14 times on the left, 5 on the right & 1 stab wound in his left knee) – *Samuel Lincoln Woodward (20/now 26) arrested (1/15/18) & charged (1/17/18) & arraigned (11/9/18) with 1 count of felony murder with a hate crime enhancement for killing someone because of their sexual orientation & sentencing enhancement-personal use of a knife. Plead not guilty (again on 11/9/18). $5M bail, bail revoked (11/9/18). In custody of the Theo Lacy jail.
Judge Kimberly K. Menninger presiding. Prosecutor DA Todd Spitzer & Senior Deputy DA Jennifer Walker; Defense attorney assistant public defender Kenneth S. Morrison (from the Orange County Public Defender’s Office).

Court hearings from 2/2/18 thru 2/29/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-14 (3/6 thru 4/4/24) & Trial Day 1-29 (4/9-6/20/24) reference post #387 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ake-forest-2-jan-2018-8-arrest.618349/page-20

6/24/24 Monday, Trial Day 30: Defense witness: Samuel Woodward back on stand for cross exam. Also hearing evidential proceeding [Evidence Code 402]. Trial continues on Tuesday, 6/25/24.
For more info see post #406 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ake-forest-2-jan-2018-8-arrest.618349/page-21

Not finding any articles on what happened yesterday - so not sure IF Woodward was on the stand.

Wednesday, June 26th:
*Trial continues (Day 32) (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Blaze Bernstein (19) (Jan. 2, 2018, Lake Forest; found Jan. 9, 2018; he was stabbed 19 times in his neck; 14 times on the left, 5 on the right & 1 stab wound in his left knee) – *Samuel Lincoln Woodward (20/now 26) arrested (1/15/18) & charged (1/17/18) & arraigned (11/9/18) with 1 count of felony murder with a hate crime enhancement for killing someone because of their sexual orientation & sentencing enhancement-personal use of a knife. Plead not guilty (again on 11/9/18). $5M bail, bail revoked (11/9/18). In custody of the Theo Lacy jail.

Court hearings from 2/2/18 thru 2/29/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-14 (3/6 thru 4/4/24) & Trial Day 1-30 (4/9-6/24/24) reference post #409 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ake-forest-2-jan-2018-8-arrest.618349/page-21

6/25/24 Tuesday, Trial Day 31: Defense witness: ?? Samuel Woodward back on stand for cross exam.
Trial continues on Wednesday, 6/26/24.

Looks like Woodward was finished with his testimony on Monday per this article.

June 24, 2024
The man accused of a hate-crime fatal stabbing of a former gay classmate in Foothill Ranch told jurors in his final day of testimony that he felt remorse for the killing.
[.....]
Woodard, who began testifying near the end of the day June 13, completed his fifth day on the stand Monday.
[.....]
“I can remember saying something about wanting to gain… acceptance,” Woodward said of his talks with psychological expert Martha Rogers.
[.....]
Rogers, who began testifying near the end of Monday’s court session, will return to the witness stand Tuesday.

"She questioned him about whether he reported assaults on him in his six years in jail awaiting trial.

Referring to his earlier testimony about being “gassed” by another inmate who hurled diarrhea at Woodward, Walker asked him if it happened after the defendant was “on the toilet chanting Satanic” things."-

The inmate saw Woodward as a piece of sh-!t. He did nothing wrong.

To that inmate:

"She questioned him about whether he reported assaults on him in his six years in jail awaiting trial.

Referring to his earlier testimony about being “gassed” by another inmate who hurled diarrhea at Woodward, Walker asked him if it happened after the defendant was “on the toilet chanting Satanic” things."-

The inmate saw Woodward as a piece of sh-!t. He did nothing wrong.

To that inmate:

What article is this from?

Someone asked upthread: MOO, I’ve found Woodward’s testimony as reported to be extremely self-serving & intentionally dishonest.

He lies like a rug & is still trying to minimize the role his membership in AWD played in his life & in the horrific murder of BB, MOO. Here’s just one example of his blatant dishonesty during his testimony:
View attachment 513437
Woodward Concludes Testimony in Bernstein Fatal Stabbing in Foothill Ranch - MyNewsLA.com

“Someone asked upthread: MOO, I’ve found Woodward’s testimony as reported to be extremely self-serving & intentionally dishonest”

Agree 100%. I would add to this, his convenient claim of not remembering incriminating information.

He had some whacko stuff online even after he killed Blaze. It was dark, his eyes looked evil and his facial expression was creepy. His demeanor now is very different, he wants people to feel sorry for him.

I’ve always wondered if Blaze decided he didn’t want to be intimate with SW that night for whatever reason. SW acted so viciously, I thought it could be that he wanted revenge for Blaze not being interested.

Thursday, June 27th:
*Trial continues (Day 33) (@ 10am PT) – CA – Blaze Bernstein (19) (Jan. 2, 2018, Lake Forest; found Jan. 9, 2018; he was stabbed 19 times in his neck; 14 times on the left, 5 on the right & 1 stab wound in his left knee) – *Samuel Lincoln Woodward (20/now 26) arrested (1/15/18) & charged (1/17/18) & arraigned (11/9/18) with 1 count of felony murder with a hate crime enhancement for killing someone because of their sexual orientation & sentencing enhancement-personal use of a knife. Plead not guilty (again on 11/9/18). $5M bail, bail revoked (11/9/18). In custody of the Theo Lacy jail.

Court hearings from 2/2/18 thru 2/29/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-14 (3/6 thru 4/4/24) & Trial Day 1-30 (4/9-6/24/24) reference post #409 here:

6/24/24 Monday, Trial Day 30: Additional info: Defense witnesses: Samuel Woodward back on stand for cross exam. Martha Rogers, psychological expert.
6/25/24 Tuesday, Trial Day 31: Defense witness:
Martha Rogers, psychological expert continues on stand. No other info available. Trial continues on Wednesday, 6/26/24.
For more info see post #412 here:
6/26/24 Wednesday, Trial Day 32: No info available. Trial continues on Thursday, 6/27/24.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ax445
Back