CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what police thought about Bob's grandson waiting ouside with a key when they were called to do a welfare check? Didn't they wonder why he hadn't checked if Bob was there himself?

Even if they DID find that suspicious in and of itself, the fact that no other family member was there and in general the family did not seem alarmed may have caused the police to dismiss it. Poor Bob, poor Fontelle.

I wonder what police thought about Bob's grandson waiting ouside with a key when they were called to do a welfare check? Didn't they wonder why he hadn't checked if Bob was there himself?

They thought just what you think they would I bet. ;) I am sure he was on the list of alibis to be checked.

UGH-that is stuff I would love to see....the ping records and the phone call logs for all of the insiders. The LDT tests, inadmissible though they are.

Police asked Bob's grandson a few pointed questions, but they didn't ask him that one, about why he needed them with him, to check the house. My first reaction would have been to ask if Bob had banned him from entering the house when he wasn't there, and if so, why?

Evidence we have that Bob didn't want family members in his home;

Best friend/police say he paid them to stay away for 6 months.

Evidence we have that Bob did allow family members in his home;

The none- heated Sunday family meeting
Son-in-law working in the house
Daughters letting themselves in, the day after he disappeared

If anyone wants to join us in Bob's SAR forum, we have narrowed down some areas and are looking for help supporting the locations or scrapping them. Anyone who has experience researching real estate titles and easements would also be very welcome!!

If anyone wants to join us in Bob's SAR forum, we have narrowed down some areas and are looking for help supporting the locations or scrapping them. Anyone who has experience researching real estate titles and easements would also be very welcome!!

I've added some info for you in the SAR thread. I haven't been able to read the title docs, because San Bernandino County's search system is down. Hopefully, it will be working tomorrow.

People in CA now responding to calls to search for a missing CT-born, Texas-living, traveler to Oregon now, who may have diverted to Colorado. They're responding.

No excuses are acceptable to me now, for the lack of activation on Bob's behalf, for those who were closest to him and have the ability. It really is a disgrace.

People in CA now responding to calls to search for a missing CT-born, Texas-living, traveler to Oregon now, who may have diverted to Colorado. They're responding.

No excuses are acceptable to me now, for the lack of activation on Bob's behalf, for those who were closest to him and have the ability. It really is a disgrace.

Indeed it is!

Today, someone from halfway across the world asked me, 'Who is Bob Harrod?' It was my pleasure to tell them - a newlywed, 81-year-old, missing millionaire from California.

It was more of a pleasure to find they then looked up Bob's story, came back to me and said it was heartbreaking. That they could see there was true love between him and Fontelle. People across the world, get what's happened here. There's no hiding anymore.

I was pondering the possibility of something impairing Bob, as in being given to him. I wonder given that Georgia had passed in the house a year before if her meds were properly disposed of...or if there was any kind of access to any other kind of medications that might have been used to subdue Bob. If we think about the kind of access to meds that Bob's inner circle has had up until he died....what are your thoughts?

Police say the last call of Bob's they are certain of was at 10am. Housekeeper arrived around 12noon and Bob was gone. So if he was given medication, it had to have been something;

!: Strong enough to make him really sleepy in that time
2: A type of med that he'd have been likely to have been prescribed, or have in the house

The reason I think that is because the only use I can see in drugging him, is if someone wanted to make it appear Bob had taken drugs and then drowned in the tub. That has worked (at least for a while) in the cases of killers who wanted to get away with their crimes. It might fit, as well, with Fontelle's belief Bob was murdered in his bathroom. Maybe the drugs didn't work and he refused to 'co-operate' in his 'accidental' death scenario?

All I can think is Bob might have had anti-inflammatory med for his bad knees.

But I suspect his first wife Georgia might have had very strong pain relievers during the last stages of her life, and I think it's possible Bob would have put them by, rather than returning them to the physician or pharmacy.

All I can think is Bob might have had anti-inflammatory med for his bad knees.

But I suspect his first wife Georgia might have had very strong pain relievers during the last stages of her life, and I think it's possible Bob would have put them by, rather than returning them to the physician or pharmacy.

Why would Bob have kept them, do you think? I think if he had any kind of addiction issues they would have been screamed from the roof tops at some point in the last 5 years...after all he was taunted for something as innocuous as Banquet dinners.

What about Sassy then? The beloved dog? Maybe there were pet meds in the house?

Oh dear no, I don't think Bob had any addiction issues. But I just think it might have been hard for him to actually start going through cupboards and throwing away anything associated with his first wife, after he was bereaved.

But maybe someone with medical experience collected those medicines up, on his behalf?

Oh dear no, I don't think Bob had any addiction issues. But I just think it might have been hard for him to actually start going through cupboards and throwing away anything associated with his first wife, after he was bereaved.

But maybe someone with medical experience collected those medicines up, on his behalf?

I would think that was a real possibility. I think I need a refresher on how quickly Bob cut those checks after Georgia died. True hospice care people would have been on top of the controlled substances I think, but it is hard to keep track of things like that when you are in the midst of your grief.

Bob was from the midwest and from the depression generation. So were my mother and father. When my mother passed at 87 she had at least 30 yrs. of unused prescriptions squirreled away. I used to try and go through them, but she would have a fit. That is the "waste not, want not" generation. She always figured they would come in handy some day and she wouldn't need to buy new ones. The Dr. and I would both advise her against that, but rarely did it work. I would be willing to guess that Bob had not gotten rid of any medicine. Although, if there were any narcotic pain relievers they might have disappeared. There is quite a resale market on those in SoCal, if you know what I mean... Money does seem to be very important to some people. jmho

I started to think about prescriptions for pets and stumbled upon a ton of material discussing people who "doctor shop" with their pets to get their hands on prescription drugs. I didn't realize how significant the crossover is between animal and human prescription drugs. For your reference:
[h=2]Abusing Veterinary Prescription Pills[/h]Humans also sometimes abuse animal prescription medications. More and more animals are being maintained on things like Valium and Phenobarbital pills to manage pain or seizures, or as a sedative. Just as addicts go from doctor to doctor, requesting more pills, so some people take their pet from vet to vet. Since the animal can’t communicate how much pain they are or are not in, it can become very difficult to prove that a person is just on a pill hunt for themselves.

This quote is from an addiction website, if you can believe that.

I am pondering the different ways someone in Bob's inner circle might have been able to get their hands on something that would disable him.

I started to think about prescriptions for pets and stumbled upon a ton of material discussing people who "doctor shop" with their pets to get their hands on prescription drugs. I didn't realize how significant the crossover is between animal and human prescription drugs. For your reference:

This quote is from an addiction website, if you can believe that.

I am pondering the different ways someone in Bob's inner circle might have been able to get their hands on something that would disable him.

Sadly, in SoCal, it's relatively easy for someone to pick up nearly any type of drug from someone on the street. Oxycontin, oxycodone, heroin, etc. are all available if you "know" somebody. JeM stopped for coffee and donuts on the the way to Bob's place that morning. That would certainly provide an easy cover for some sort of overdose. Also, we need to consider whether any of the family members are on insulin, the possibility of arsenic (rat poison?), ethylene glycol (antifreeze) or any other toxic substance obtainable from a hardware or veterinary supply store. It's painful to even consider these possibilities, but even more painful and disgusting to think about someone getting away with the murder of an elderly parent. jmoo

I was pondering the possibility of something impairing Bob, as in being given to him. I wonder given that Georgia had passed in the house a year before if her meds were properly disposed of...or if there was any kind of access to any other kind of medications that might have been used to subdue Bob. If we think about the kind of access to meds that Bob's inner circle has had up until he died....what are your thoughts?

What did SiL pick up at that CVS just prior to arriving at Bob's the morning of his disappearance? With his wifes numerous ailments, I'd say it is safe to assume she is on some meds that might not have agreed with Bob if he had unknowingly taken them. What if someone put something in the food or drink they knew Bob would have in the morning? That could have easily been done at the heated family meeting.

I have a feeling if Georgia had any narcotic pain killers they were long gone before the day of Bob's disappearance. And probably long gone before the start of 2009. Too many possibilities on where Georgia's meds could have gone after her passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman