CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if Bob had any brothers or sisters, but he owned properties (see below snipped from OC Register article).

Police say that, including properties and other assets, Bob Harrod was a multi-millionaire.

From 1953-2002: the Harrods live in Monrovia. Bob Harrod works first for Bell & Howell handling contracts, and then for the aerospace firm Aerojet. He sometimes travels for business. He also owns some rental properties and builds his wealth through a combination of wise investing, purchasing properties and what his daughter Roberta Brady called “extreme frugality.”

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html

INTERESTING THAT THE POLICE SAY "Bob Harrod WAS....

Interesting.........One daughter suggests the changing of the locks and then another daughter makes it look like Fontelle was changing the locks on her own and locking her husband out of his own house.

If BH were to return to his house he could knock on the door.

Maybe they were upset that they didn't have keys to the new locks.

Daughters asked LE several times about getting search dogs out looking for their dad. LE did not do this.

Hiring private search dog teams is expensive.
So is hiring a private investigator.
I have read that sometimes a private investigator will
offer their services for free.
I think they do this, on high publicity cases,
a form of free publicity. IMO.
And maybe an altruistic need also.

I also think I read that Los Angeles County
Sheriff's office has search dogs, but
PPD would have to ask for help.
They did not.

thanx ShowMe, now that you mention it i do remember that the police were not receptive to the search idea...wonder why considering how long he has been gone, and i agree with what your explaining about f wanting the checkbook...if that is the way it all works then i guess the daughters cant change it, but it shouldn't be hard for the atty to come up with a solution would it?

well, what your saying makes sense too - just like i said before, this case just makes my compass spin and spin...lol...makes me nuts!! they all have reasons, maybe its like murder on the orient express and they all are involved!

well, what your saying makes sense too - just like i said before, this case just makes my compass spin and spin...lol...makes me nuts!! they all have reasons, maybe its like murder on the orient express and they all are involved!

I've read so much but you can sure bet we are not even seeing half of the story out there about this case. There has to be some editing between all the "broken records" and repetition. What about "mutiny on the bounty", instead of "murder on the orient express"? I remain optimistic but agree the story goes all over the place and is very confusing to catch everything while reading between the lines. Well, "what about bob"?:waitasec:

I drove by Mr Harrods home today. It sure isnt the home of a multimillionaire. Just a normal neighborhood. His was probably the most well kept of them all. The first time I drove by there were no cars and it just looked abandoned. But nosy me had to go back by on my way home and there was a car in the driveway and there were 2 gardeners working on the the yard. I don't know what I expected to find by driving by..I just wish there were some answers and they would find Mr Harrod!

Interesting.........One daughter suggests the changing of the locks and then another daughter makes it look like Fontelle was changing the locks on her own and locking her husband out of his own house.

If BH were to return to his house he could knock on the door.

Maybe they were upset that they didn't have keys to the new locks.

I cannot imagine why an 80-year-old man would have to knock on the door of his own home to gain entry.

The family of missing persons should not - and normally do not - have to pay for search dogs. LE has resources and should have provided that as a standard practice in the initial searches for Bob Harrod.

I get that the daughters are not presented in the most glowing terms. HOWEVER, all negative statements to which we've been made privy CAME FROM THEM!

I drove by Mr Harrods home today. It sure isnt the home of a multimillionaire. Just a normal neighborhood. His was probably the most well kept of them all. The first time I drove by there were no cars and it just looked abandoned. But nosy me had to go back by on my way home and there was a car in the driveway and there were 2 gardeners working on the the yard. I don't know what I expected to find by driving by..I just wish there were some answers and they would find Mr Harrod!
=======================================

I have the same wish and prayer that they would find Mr Harrod, alive and well.

[snipped]I could be wrong but, think the daughters were trying to describe their father as the real person without any fantasy sugar-coating, in order to help others understand what may have been going on inside his head. [snipped]

Without fantasy sugar-coating. IMO, they trashed their father who was missing and could have been out there somewhere injured or worse.

They called him very bizarre, a snake, a chronic liar, posted at least 3 times that $$ was his God, said he sold his soul to the devil, that he didn’t know how to answer a cell phone followed by “chuckle,” that they wanted him to come home for a chance to “possibly redeem himself,” and posted that he could have had forms for their mother’s life insurance policy ready and waiting for her last breath.

They definitely helped me understand what was going on in their heads. IMO

The youngest daughter (wife of Bob's SIL) posted on her community forum on Jul 28 that “we suspect foul play.” Then on Aug 4 she posted that after her father went missing, before she went from her house in Running Springs to her father’s house to “get the house ready, linens changed for he and his wife,” she started to call all the local hospitals.

If foul play was suspected and her father was missing, why was she changing the linens in his house? I believe that would have been on Tues, Jul 28 (day after Bob went missing and day before F returned). I find it odd that she even posted that. IMO.

Without fantasy sugar-coating. IMO, they trashed their father who was missing and could have been out there somewhere injured or worse.

They called him very bizarre, a snake, a chronic liar, posted at least 3 times that $$ was his God, said he sold his soul to the devil, that he didn’t know how to answer a cell phone followed by “chuckle,” that they wanted him to come home for a chance to “possibly redeem himself,” and posted that he could have had forms for their mother’s life insurance policy ready and waiting for her last breath.

PPD kept speculatively reporting a Cold Feet theory while family was sensing foul play. The father seemed happy and family had problems believing he would leave F voluntarily. To me, that explains a daughter doing special things, trying to ready a home for her father and new step mother to both return.
In spite of how one perceives what was written, I think family would have posted nothing at all if they were not concerned about their father. Was he trashed or were they bluntly describing the man they knew like nobody else? I wouldn't want to be in their shoes for all the money in the world. It is unimaginable.

I do not think F herself could have done something to Mr. H. The barber had nothing more to loose since she lost her financier but should have been concerned about having to pay back all the money after he got married, (unless). Per PPD, both she and her husband were cleared and Mr. H's family were not suspects so, what are sleuth's left with to speculate about, if we discount all that was said or written by his family?

Perhaps there is reason PPD is not explaining their Cold Feet theory. I sure hope it's not that they have given up investigating. This just can NOT be another COLD CASE!

=
==================================================

IMO: A very one sided description of what daughters had posted.
It seemed to me that they were hopeful he had just taken off and would be back, then that they were afraid someone had done something to him,
their emotions and their viewpoint changed daily or more than daily.

My sense at that time was the daughters felt comfortable sharing online what their dad was like, according to them. It seemed that if they talked
about their dad and how glad they were he married F, then maybe it would help find him.
Things changed. As they often do, and they stopped posting.

I do not see them harming their dad in any way.
IMHO.

I don't really see Fontelle as harming Robert either.
And PPD have ruled out barber lady.

Which is why I turn to where is Robert Harrod?
Did he really just walk away? It seems doubtful.
Did someone cause him harm. Maybe. But who?

The time conflicts are something I can't get past. As we know, the oldest daughter also posted on Aug 11 that she heard her BIL say he was going to the hardware store when she spoke to her father by phone, estimated at 11:00-12:00. A story about Bob being missing posted on the youngest daughter's community website on Aug 4, says Bob was last seen by SIL about 1PM before going to Home Depot. In the discussion forum linked to story, the youngest daughter was quick to point out that the flier had Bob's eye color incorrect, but said nothing about the time last seen being incorrect.

I can not get past the changing times either.

I wish we knew what was purchased by the SIL at the Home Depot.

I don't know what was bought at Home Depot but the SIL bought soda and paper plates at CVS.

Where did you get this information, regarding soda AND paper plates? Have NOT seen anything posted anywhere about PAPER PLATES, a receipt left in Robert Harrod's home? What was the date on that receipt? What was the time on that receipt?

Where did you get this information, regarding soda AND paper plates? Have NOT seen anything posted anywhere about PAPER PLATES, a receipt left in Robert Harrod's home? What was the date on that receipt? What was the time on that receipt?

Umm, that was posted at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member