CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know where this info about him calling her Monday morning originated? I have never seen it, that I recall. Bob's use of "Jeff Is coming" tells me it had to pretty early on Monday (before 9:30 am), or late the prior week.

I thought maybe law enforcement was holding back info, or something.

The cleaning ladly arranged to come Monday instead of Tuesday due to her schedule. I think she called him sometime Monday morning and made the change the same day.

Do you know where this info about him calling her Monday morning originated? I have never seen it, that I recall. Bob's use of "Jeff Is coming" tells me it had to pretty early on Monday (before 9:30 am), or late the prior week.

I thought maybe law enforcement was holding back info, or something.

?? I think it was in the narrators portion of Disappeared? But it was not Bob calling Agnes, it was Agnes calling Bob Monday morning to ask if she could come that day instead of the following day.

Paper plates and donuts were purchased at CVS from what I understand about the receipt.

Soda was posted in error in someone's post, in error, and was carried to other posts, in error. Just clarifying, so "soda" doesn't get carried through the thread as fact.

I am leaning towards no road construction crew on that day. With all of the trips too and from the house, I would think the person who disappeared Bob was wired enough without having to sweat a detail or a road crew.

.... another thought. I'll bet there were numerous calls in the late AM when no one was there.... and once AH and JuM went through the list and times of calls on the caller ID, they tried to build the timeline around the times when Bob's phone was not answered.

Fortunately those people who were trying to reach Bob in the am and didn't have a hand in his disappearance can testify to no one answering and I believe phone records can determine if the calls being made to Bob were answered or not.

I'd even go as far as saying probably JuM tied the "about 28 hours ago" time to what she read on the caller id. She must have seen that calls after that appx 10:00 am call were coming in frequently enough to indicate they hadn't reached Bob.

I'll go a little further and say JuM fed info to her sister PB like she did Fontelle......

Time will reveal the truth... It always does.

ETA: It also wouldn't surprise me to learn someone hit redial to determine the last call Bob made out.

With that 'mile long' memorabilia list, I think it's pretty obvious there are some snoopers in Bob's bio family.

I found it online at CVS too. But with it's new status, perhaps one has to ask the pharmacist for it? That's possible..as with products containing ephedrine. Guess not if you can order it online, that option did not come up for me..but I didn't try too hard.

Cubby I meant to highlight that you had wondered if there were irregularities in the estate.
Which I believe there are and the source of those is ARH...it just wasn't known at the time about his many mortgages and loans.
You were the first to say..maybe look here.

I will have to order the whole season and then they come on discs...usually 2 for a season.

Mary, you have me fantasizing about german pancakes (like crepes) with REAL maple syrup and I just ate a very full meal. argh. I will never lose weight. lol.

Two more pages to finish thread one but going to sleep.

sweet dreams, all!

Yes, I believe you have this correct. On the now defunct forum, there were HUGE threads of financial advice being dished out. I'm not sure they were able to be copied as I was under the impression some of the threads were removed as some of the financial advice was "iffy". I'm going to check through those posts before I go to bed. I believe you have the core of it.
I think it was a misunderstanding-I think they thought the bypass trust was theirs when Georgia died. I would be willing to believe that plans were made, maybe even big purchases were made, in preparation for a windfall. And then they couldnt understand why there wasnt a big payout.

And I can envision a very tired, depressed, angry Bob Harrod realizing how money driven they really were.

BBM
I found it online at CVS too. But with it's new status, perhaps one has to ask the pharmacist for it? That's possible..as with products containing ephedrine. Guess not if you can order it online, that option did not come up for me..but I didn't try too hard.

Cubby I meant to highlight that you had wondered if there were irregularities in the estate.
Which I believe there are and the source of those is ARH...it just wasn't known at the time about his many mortgages and loans.
You were the first to say..maybe look here.

I will have to order the whole season and then they come on discs...usually 2 for a season.

Mary, you have me fantasizing about german pancakes (like crepes) with REAL maple syrup and I just ate a very full meal.argh. I will never lose weight. lol.

sweet dreams, all!

Our pancakes in this part of Germany are about three inches thick and always come with apple puree. They are so big our local cafe serves them by the half pancake. Very nice, but nothing like a pancake as I know it!

About JuM and her 'vomit removal'; as a dog owner, I'm pretty sure dog vomit would be the reason she'd know that. It can be awfully smelly and always ends up in the hardest place to clean, in my experience.

Do we know what the context of the conversation was? I'm really not sure about this line of thinking, although JeM's odd mention of Bob maybe being unwell does seem to be an unwitting, but revealing slip.

Forensic wise, I don't think anything short of a hot, long wash would fully remove any body fluid stains from a rug or carpet. Am I right that it looked as though all the bedrooms and sitting rooms were carpeted in Bob's house?

BBM and SBM

I went back to the CVS website. I'm unclear regarding "new status" that you mentioned in your post. There are no restrictions according to their Drug Information page. Status is still listed as "over the counter", "not a federally controlled drug". I see it states; Drug Class: Antidotes, Emetic.

With that said, the pancakes were AMAZING! I had a strawberry pancake - fresh strawberries within the pancake, and a pumpkin pancake. Delicious!!! I'd like to go there tomorrow, and do it all over again!

Sweet dreams TDW :)

Zweibel - your pancakes sound like something I could really dig into. I love all things fattening ;)

From pancakes to dog vomit LOL eww! I will have to look up the video again, but I believe she was referring to the carpet cleaning, and had a teeny Freudian slip. Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like an odd thing to say when being interviewed about your missing father. I feel strongly that they've been slipping info out there little by little without realizing they're doing it. It seems like it could be the reason for all of their backtracking on what they've said in the past. In all fairness, she could have been de-stressing a little by going off-topic in that part of the interview. It's odd though, right?

Though, it makes Jeff appear to be guilty (we know he could be innocent), and we theorize about his involvement as he was the last to see Bob alive, I feel he's been the smartest one in the bunch in just keeping his mouth shut.

Mary, you have me fantasizing about german pancakes (like crepes) with REAL maple syrup and I just ate a very full meal. argh. I will never lose weight. lol.

sweet dreams, all!

Our pancakes in this part of Germany are about three inches thick and always come with apple puree. They are so big our local cafe serves them by the half pancake. Very nice, but nothing like a pancake as I know it!

About JuM and her 'vomit removal'; as a dog owner, I'm pretty sure dog vomit would be the reason she'd know that.

Do we know what the context of the conversation was? I'm really not sure about this line of thinking, although JeM's odd mention of Bob maybe being unwell does seem to be an unwitting, but revealing slip.

I definitely haven't seen a 'vomit' video. But I know lots of info has disappeared over the years.....would seem to be a very odd thing to start talking about in the context of a missing father though, I agree. Especially if you think he has just absent mindedly wandered off/run off because he regretted a hasty decision.

I can't help wondering about the ramifications of Long Lost Love on Bob's close circle.

I imagine Mrs Harrod will be happy his story is out there as she seems to have been most active in trying to highlight his case.

Daughters PB and RB I imagine are less than pleased with some of the reaction to the programme, even if they are still happy that they participated.

But daughter JuM, husband JeM and son AH, all of whom did not participate? I wonder how they feel? Did JuM encourage her sisters to appear, hoping they would put forward the bio-family's point of view without her own family actually having to face the media? Or was she against any bio-family involvement?

If she was, I cannot imagine what JuM's relationship with the rest of the family is like now, with the show aired. It would be infuriating if she had foreseen the type of reaction her two elder sisters' appearance might provoke, but they had refused to listen to her warnings.

I think AH might be pleased though. He didn't figure at all.

I think AH might be pleased though. He didn't figure at all.

Respectfully snipped. I wonder. Anyone in their neighborhoods and workplaces, anyone who has a sense of the local media and now the national media has to be curious as to why he was glossed over? He was Johnny on the spot. He lived a street away, his grandfather owned his home and his additional debt, he changed his name to his grandfather's name while he was relatively young....I mean Bob was enmeshed in his life right? Or was he? I mean, the comments on IS about Bob's Banquet dinners reflects very poorly on AH. The least he could have done, what they all could have done, was to bring Bob meals.

Along those lines, PB teared up when she talked about him not eating very much after Georgia died-Det Radomski confirmed that Bob requested his children stay away from him because of their constant demands for money. When did all of the observation regarding his well being take place?
I wonder if AH was included in any of that or if he manned up and took care of his grandfather...consoling him and nurturing him while his mother and his aunts were shut out?

Let's see...

the bit about paper plates and soda got started in thread 1. Later someone posted they could verify there was a receipt but not what was on it. 2 pages from the end of thread 1, donuts have not yet been mentioned.

The new status on syrup of ipecac is that it is no longer recommended, it is discouraged.

I am not aware of any video about vomit and vodka, I did read it on the ROTW forum. I too initially thought of it in reference to dogs. I still do but am not too stubborn to change my mind.

Z, I visited Germany and never ordered pancakes...and from your descrip, I would really not like them at all. But for 20 +/- I lived in a small town of German immigrants and my neighbor made those crepe like pancakes. I have even eaten them as crepes, with cream cheese and blueberry pie filling and rolled. yumminess.
Germany SPOILED me. I had not had much of a sweet tooth, but the bakeries did me in...for life. Not all sugary like here, but so rich and delicious with butter and good chocolate and pastry that is an art.

Anyway, I think there was a loose version of "don't ask, don't tell". I have been trying for days to come up with the words for it to make sense. I don't think JeM went home and said I killed Bob, or Bob is dead. I think it was implied in a message that "no worries, our son is safe, ( something to convey that ARH had dodged the bullet), everything is going to be all right. But when I came back from HD, your Dad wasn't there and he didn't come back. I don't know where he went. (insert one of the excuses used to explain his disappearance here)....but he has been very independent and told us all to stay out of his business and after the argument last night, I don't want to bother him and make him mad at us again. (also implied that if we make him mad, he might reduce what we are willed ultimately in the estate..or even said bluntly)...JuM would have asked questions..however he answered those it was enough ( and probably combined with his tone, mood, mannerisms & all etc) that JuM concluded what JeM had done to "take care of things" or strongly suspected it. It must have all been a very surreal conversation.
Maybe JeM went to wash his truck..or threw away his clothes or etc. Maybe he was snippy and acted bothered. and upset.

How do you all see that part going down?

I am just trying to picture how this part may have happened.

Some think JuM orchestrated it..but I think JeM took things in his own hands to fix things for his son..and JuM would certainly effect that motive in her hysterical reaction and worry that ARH was going to be found out and prosecuted.

Most have all ready concluded that the others knew after the fact...I am just trying to imagine things thro one at a time.

She phones her sisters and feeds them the sales speech (leaving ARH out of it)...that Bob wasn't there when JeM got back, but was uncomfortable intruding on Bob esp after the night before...and threw out some phony possibilities of where he might be. And, in my mind would say she was scared something may have happened to him.

Lots of phone calls between them follow.
And remember, they are still really mad at dad from that meeting.
So, the bit about he doesn't want us to bother him makes a good excuse for not going hunting for him right away, personally. A part of them probably believes it, sitting right beside that part of their brain that has suspicions

I know this is permanently unknowable but would like to hear what others hypothesize.

T.

from thread 1, CaExile:

He was trying to get the house ready for Fontelle to arrive on Wed. He was having everything cleaned, including the carpets. Jeff was over there making some repairs he had been putting off. He wanted everything to be perfect when she got there. This was going to be their home, together.

Earlier he also said that the daughters were trying to get him declared dead at one year.

I will follow up on this later.

IMO, nothing is permanently unknowable while Bob's CA family is alive.... We can only imagine what might come out at trial.

My guess has always been JuM prompted her husband to act, but I am not convinced it is solely because of fears of AH being prosecuted for any possible wrong doing. Based on her history of outbursts and online hysteria, I think it is safe to say she was probably as hysterical about Bob's marriage.... We know she was hysterical about his friendship with Josie. I suspect Josie was like a 4th daughter to Bob, and the 1st three were upset about sharing. IIRC, he gifted all 4 of them 15K right? It was an equal amount.....

I also suspect JeM was short with his answers to any questions JuM might have had and she fed him answers, such as suggesting the suspicious SUV. I think she fed him info and we didn't give her a straight answer, she took that as a yes.

Aside from that, I really don't know, but I would love to hear what comes out at trial someday. I'll be here seeking justice for Bob until that day comes.

I'll have a chance to search for it later, but I believe it's in the video where they have the house airing out. It's a "Julie" interview. I think it also shows the bathroom (?) Jeff was working on. I think Cubby had mentioned the bathroom showing in this video, in a much earlier post. I want to look at it again for other reasons, so will do that this afternoon :) "vomit video" lmao

I definitely haven't seen a 'vomit' video. But I know lots of info has disappeared over the years.....would seem to be a very odd thing to start talking about in the context of a missing father though, I agree. Especially if you think he has just absent mindedly wandered off/run off because he regretted a hasty decision.

Although my personal opinion is that the person who disappeared Bob did not keep the knowledge entirely to themselves, I don't find it at all unbelievable that a whole group of people could operate under a 'hear no evil, see no evil' code, without even admitting it to themselves.

Notice I have left the 'speak no evil' one out. That was not accidental.

Re German cakes and pancakes: The country has so many borders with other countries, the same foods can be completely different in different states. Those crepe pancakes sound like they'd be near the Frenchified bits to me. I actually think the Austrians have slightly better cakes.....but don't you dare tell any Germans I said that!

from thread 1, CaExile:

He was trying to get the house ready for Fontelle to arrive on Wed. He was having everything cleaned, including the carpets. Jeff was over there making some repairs he had been putting off. He wanted everything to be perfect when she got there. This was going to be their home, together.

Earlier he also said that the daughters were trying to get him declared dead at one year.

I will follow up on this later.

I often wonder who told CAExile that. We know he had already moved, and that daughters didn't respond to his attempts to contact him. So maybe it was Bob himself, before he disappeared? Or Mrs Harrod?

Anyway, presuming the carpet cleaning had been pre-arranged by Bob; that's not something most people attempt themselves, is it? I know it is possible to buy those type of cleaners, but I would have thought Bob would have left it to the professionals. It's not something a regular housekeeper would be expected to carry out either, I would think.

So is it possible a professional firm of carpet cleaners came into Bob's house the day after he disappeared, for a pre-arranged appointment, and daughter allowed them to carry out the work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member