CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the one receipt but multiple trips is a bit more telling than the trips themselves. IME multiple trips for small tasks is actually more likely than for big tasks. I don't know why that is, but it is a running joke at my house. When Mr. Cya starts a small household repair around here, we actually bet and lay odds on how many times he will have to go to the DYI before the job is accomplished.

But the receipt thing. That's another animal. I would bet dollars to donuts that these expenses were going to be paid ultimately by Bob, and Bob appears to have been pretty organized in his finances. I would expect that receipts would be presented at the end of the day for reimbursement or accounting of the costs of the repairs purposes.

But that is just my speculation.

believe mentioned earlier that bills for SIL's time were indeed presented to Bob's estate, after he had disappeared. And paid in full.

The bills were paid, but were they paid based on actual store receipts or by word of mouth on the costs?

If the co-conservators had multiple receipts for Jeff's multiple trips the day of Bob's disappearance, why would they play dumb with the timeline? And wouldn't that be considered hindering an investigation?

well, lets see. The co-Conservators would be the ones receiving the bill for time and services rendered so I think we can assume that an invoice was probably presented but without documenting receipts. After all, if you can't trust your family, who can you trust?

:rolleyes:

A written invoice makes sense. I hadn't even thought of that.
We still do not have verifiable information that JeM actually arrived at and entered the hardware store more than one time.

LE did say they were going to review surveillance video very early on in this case.
Was it verified JeM was on surveillance video for the alleged multiple trips to the hardware store? Or was LE only able to confirm the mid afternoon trip?

And I still want to know where the grandson was the day of Bob's disappearance and where he was the day and evening prior to Bob's disappearance.

I think it might be a good idea if I go back and collect all LE's quotes about JeM and his timeline from the media thread, and just list them. In dated order. They are quite eye-opening when seen like that, without the distraction of JuM's wild and wonderful additions

It won't be too long that it will clog up the thread, but it will be enlightening, I think.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but DirecTV is listing "Long Lost Love" on the guide to air Thursday April 4th at 9pm.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but DirecTV is listing "Long Lost Love" on the guide to air Thursday April 4th at 9pm.
WOW! Thanx!

Hope someone can put it on you tube.

zwiebel (especially) is going to be SO excited, as we all will be.

It hadn't been previously posted, thank you!

• TV EPISODE
  • |
  • NEW EPISODE!
Disappeared : Long Lost Love

<LI class="ratings-bar ep-metadata">
    • Please sign in to add this program to your Playlist Add to Playlist
  • View All Episodes
  • TVPG
  • |
  • Genre: Series, Drama, Documentary
  • |
  • Format: SD, HD
  • Next on: Thu, Apr 4, 9:00 PM EDT
    802_Dark_ID.png
<LI class="synopsis clear-after">
p7946707_b_v5_aa_s.jpg

Eighty-one year old Bob Harrod, who marries his childhood sweetheart after sixty years apart, vanishes days before his new bride moves in.

http://www.directv.com/guide

According to the direct tv listings there will be several new episodes of disappeared airing the evening of April 4th. I wonder why they would be airing several in one evening?

Praying this is the correct date this time! :please:

It can't be put up on YouTube but I recall someone posting it can be purchased the day following the show airing on Amazon. I'll see if I can find that post and carry it over to this thread.

Been away for quite awhile. So glad to see you all still here for Bob and Fontelle.
Here in Monrovia, RB is busy collecting sponsor ads for the Mother's Day Home Tour brochure.
Her husband/ex/? is still down in Texas and none of our friends know when or if he will return.
Just a quick update!:seeya:

Sponsor ads, huh? I wonder if she will be sponsoring an ad for her missing father. That would certainly be a way to keep her dads name and face in the public eye.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! Welcome!

It's 4am and I just woke up like a bolt of lightening and looked here.

I think someone was sending me a message...

Been away for quite awhile. So glad to see you all still here for Bob and Fontelle.
Here in Monrovia, RB is busy collecting sponsor ads for the Mother's Day Home Tour brochure.
Her husband/ex/? is still down in Texas and none of our friends know when or if he will return.

That's organised by a non-profit for preserving historic houses. Their website is fantastic and they seem to be doing some lovely work there. Have you seen those houses? It almost gives me hope up one day I'll get to the stage where my old ruin isn't falling down faster than I can pick it up. Probably optimistic though.

http://www.mohpg.org/

I wish they were nearer - that old barn they can't afford to move is an exact replica of so many of the kleingarten houses here. A bunch of Germans would have that down, moved and reassembled in a flash. I've just witnessed something very similar here myself - which included the sight of a lady in her seventies, pulling what looked like about a ton of wood along in her little wagon.....and the terrifying vision of Mr Z attempting to use a chainsaw properly, for the first time.

I wonder if they would accept an ad asking people to keep Bob in their thoughts? It's a lovely idea, but it would be too intrusive for me to ask, if daughter RB is involved. She sounds as though she might be well placed to check it out though. Hope she does. I'd be happy to chip in for the cost of the ad.

July 27th, 2009: Bob was gone by 12pm, according to the housekeeper.
Original 'Disappeared' clip. No longer available.

July 28th, 2009: 'We're thinking maybe one? Noon?
Wife of son-in-law. ktla com3 - YouTube

July 29th, 2009: 'Son-in-law...fixing up the house on Monday'
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=6939639

July 30th, 2009: ' Last seen Monday afternoon by his son-in law, who told authorities he went to run an errand...'
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/07/search-intensifies-for-missing-oc-newlywed-81.html

July 30th, 2009: 'Last seen by his son-in-law, around 1.30pm...His (SIL) receipt shows he paid...around 3pm'

Date unknown: 'Last seen by his son-in-law...between 11am - 12pm'
http://www.projectjason.org/aan/AAN_RobertHarrod.pdf

July 31st, 2009: '..last seen Monday afternoon by his son-in-law...when he returned Harrod was gone.....wearing shirt of an unknown colour'
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jul/31/local/me-missing-groom31

August 18th, 2009: 'I last spoke to him (Bob) somewhere between 11 and 12....Heard son-in-law say he was going to the hardware store..' Daughter PB, Namus report.
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706

October 8th, 2009: 'About 2.30pm was the last time anyone says they saw Bob....Son-in-law told police he left the house around 2.30pm...receipts bear him out....he returned to the house around 3pm, to find the maid...'
http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html

January 7th, 20010: '..last seen about 1.30pm, Monday.'

February 2nd, 2010: 'About 9.30am, Bob's son-in-law arrived.....went to Home Depot about 2.40pm..returned about 3.30pm, housekeeper...'

Summary of times Bob's reported to have disappeared/Son-in-law was reported to have gone out:

11am-12pm
by 12pm
Maybe one? Noon?
Around 1.30pm
About 2.30pm
About 2.40pm

Have I missed anything?
It seems to me the clothing descriptions could have a little timeline all of their own too. I'll work on it later.

Again? I remember seeing an online plea from her a few years ago searching for her husband as a missing person. He fled to TX again?

Huh. That's some pretty interesting behavior.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! Welcome!

It's 4am and I just woke up like a bolt of lightening and looked here.

I think someone was sending me a message...

Thanks for the welcome! I've been interesting in Bob's case for awhile, but I've just recently started getting into it in-depth. There's so much information, yet so little that leads to answers for Bob! The immediate family sure seems like the obvious place to look, but I have to wonder...with all the publicity that the Bob/Fontelle story received before he went missing...could that have caused someone we don't even know about to come out of the woodwork?

That was a humdinger of a first post of yours, Tamild.

I guess there could be someone who saw all that publicity, of course. I thought about that too. The questions to me then are;

Who could it be?
Why could they want to harm Bob?
What would they have to gain by Bob's disappearance?

I have searched and searched. I mean really searched. I can't find anything. He was eighty-one years old, so any enemies he may have made in his journey through life were likely to be elderly too, if not deceased.

He was wealthy, but everything I've seen out there, including info from his daughters, indicates the source of that was a lifetime's hard work at an aerospace firm; being careful with his cash, and astute property investments. Bob had rooted himself in just a few homes over all those decades married to Georgia, with no attempt to conceal his identity, or where he was living. I would have thought if there was someone in his past with a grudge, they could have acted much earlier, well before Bob's house was surrounded by camera crews waiting for Fontelle's return.

I am beginning to realise that I haven't considered if there were any other in-laws in the family when Bob disappeared, and where they were that day. Not implying they had anything to do with it of course, but we already have at least five family members in California who failed to report Bob missing. It would be interesting if it turned out there were more.

LE has stated that it is not a stranger crime and that it isnt a random act of violence. Even the family believes that it was someone close to Bob.

I am intrigued to hear your thoughts Tamild about the pre disappearance publicity-We know that it didnt include any reference to Bob's wealth. So what kind of feelings or crime might have been triggered about it?

I really think this is an interesting angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston