CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our written transcript definitely has Det Loomis saying 'white Camry'. I haven't checked the episode itself though.

I think a reporter says white too somewhere. I'll check. I'm beginning to wonder if there was initial confusion over Bob's vehicle now. From what neighbour PE said, I think there is a good possibility Bob was the legal owner of PB's vehicle too.

So if the white car is PB's, JuM wasn't at the house changing linens alone on the Tuesday? PB was also there, helping?

I wonder were JuM had left her vehicle? Or if someone else had dropped her off at Bob's?

Reporter Elizabeth Espinoza? in the ktla video where JuM is interviewed is speaking live and says Bob disappeared 'yesterday'. So that video was shot Tuesday, during the day. And PB's car was also there. I wonder if RB was there too?

That would be interesting - all three daughters, inside their father's house, the day after he disappeared. Probably/destroying/compromising possible evidence in a potential crime scene just by being there. Only one prepared to face the media on his behalf though. None, it seems, there to search for Bob or make enquiries about him in the neighbourhood. One ( if RB was there too) with lots of old police knowledge/connections.

What were they doing? The only thing I have seen is RB's mention that JuM was changing the linens.

I guess they at least checked all the rooms. So one of them should have noticed the damaged bathroom, and reported it to LE?

I guess they at least checked all the rooms. So one of them should have noticed the damaged bathroom, and reported it to LE?

That is a supposition that pre-supposes that they were concerned about Bob.

The cynic in me says that if they found something expensive missing, the first thing they would have done is contact LE and the second thing they would have done was contact the insurance company.

So if the white car is PB's, JuM wasn't at the house changing linens alone on the Tuesday? PB was also there, helping?

I don't know if JuM was dropped off, or if her vehicle was parked on the street or at her son's house.

At a minimum, JuM and her son AH were at Bob's house on Tuesday. PB's vehicle was parked in Bob's driveway on Tues - PB posted (BBM):

"Had nephew try to go through garage on Tuesday, he could not get through because of all the boxes, but the garage was opened upon "F"'s arrival and there was nothing there. No other crawl spaces."

I'm not sure if RB was there on Tues. We do know that all 3 daughters were there on Wed.

So, unless JuM or grandson had borrowed PB's car Tuesday, she must have been at the house, because her vehicle was there?

I think I am going to assume eldest daughter P, youngest daughter J and grandson A - aka A. Robert Harrod, were there. At the house, the day after Bob disappeared, changing linens and cleaning carpets.

We just need to know where middle daughter R was now, and Bob's son in law. Daughter R has posted EXTENSIVELY about her family history. She stopped dead well before the time of Bob's disappearance though. That's a shame. And strange.

I hope LE have all phone records from that day, including from cells. I am sure they will include a perfect, dutiful round of calls to coroners offices and hospitals etc, all made by JuM.

ETA: Made from Bob's house.
ETA: And zero calls to Placentia Police Dept.

I hope LE have all phone records from that day, including from cells. I am sure they will include a perfect, dutiful round of calls to coroners offices and hospitals etc, all made by JuM.

ETA: Made from Bob's house.
ETA: And zero calls to Placentia Police Dept.

In the US, it's useless to contact hospitals because under HIPAA (federal privacy act in regard to medical care), medical providers can neither confirm nor deny that someone is being treated or has been treated unless that person gives consent for the information to be released.

The only people who can get access to that information without the patient's consent is LE and they often have to bring in a search warrant in order to cover the bases legally.

Even if JuM et al. didn't know it to begin with, chances are very, very high that the very first hospital they contacted would explain it to them.

As for coroner's or medical examiner's offices, that is covered by LE in most jurisdictions. There is quite often not even a published telephone number to contact a coroner or medical examiner without some previous contact to get it.

Just in case we get any new guests dropping in to find out more about Bob's case, with Disappeared showing again;

Bob is still missing, his case is being investigated as a homicide and the investigative arm of the OC Coroner's dept (OC 'Cold Case Unit') recently announced they are now looking into the case.

Mrs Harrod has given another media interview recently too:
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/vide...ssing-placentia-mans-wife-suspects-foul-play/

The daughter who did not appear in the episode was Bob's youngest daughter, who is married to Bob's son in law who did the house repairs. He didn't appear in the episode either.

Hello guests!

If you are thinking it's a little quiet on this thread - you're right.

We're all around though. Just waiting for an arrest. :)

If guests register, they will be very welcome, and will also be able to view Bob's Search and Rescue thread, and our legal documents thread. They are very revealing.

Bob's case may have grown a little quiet, but there has been plenty of activity around his estate - his money. Bob was a wealthy man who owned several houses, some of which were/ are lived in by other family members.

In the US, it's useless to contact hospitals because under HIPAA (federal privacy act in regard to medical care), medical providers can neither confirm nor deny that someone is being treated or has been treated unless that person gives consent for the information to be released.

The only people who can get access to that information without the patient's consent is LE and they often have to bring in a search warrant in order to cover the bases legally.

Even if JuM et al. didn't know it to begin with, chances are very, very high that the very first hospital they contacted would explain it to them.

As for coroner's or medical examiner's offices, that is covered by LE in most jurisdictions. There is quite often not even a published telephone number to contact a coroner or medical examiner without some previous contact to get it.

I seem to recollect youngest daughter JuM claimed ( or one of her sisters claimed) that she contacted somewhere so that if Bob showed up in any coroner's office, they would be alerted. I thought it was also said they would be contacted if Bob showed up in any hospital too.

I could be mistaken though.

It's weird. Daughter JuM knew how to make elder abuse reports, and didn't hesitate. She probably was the one who got in contact with the coroner's office alert thing I recollect. She knew how to step in front of a camera and talk about her missing father just the morning after he went missing. She even managed to smile. She was the one who managed to get organized enough to rush down to Bob's house the morning after he disappeared and change the linens, and she was the one who phoned round all the family to tell them he was missing, on Monday, including Mrs Harrod in Missouri.

Yet she did not inform the police. She was right there in San Bernardino County, CA, but she did not report her father missing.

I seem to recollect youngest daughter JuM claimed ( or one of her sisters claimed) that she contacted somewhere so that if Bob showed up in any coroner's office, they would be alerted. I thought it was also said they would be contacted if Bob showed up in any hospital too.

I could be mistaken though.

That is... odd. No medical provider would make such a commitment without the caveat that they would have to get permission from the patient. Of course, delivering such a message is not the same as a commitment to providing an answer. I would be surprised, though, if any hospital would make such a commitment because of the huge legal problem about neither confirming nor denying someone is or has received medical treatment there. Making such a commitment could be construed as a backdoor manner of indicating Bob was not currently there, which would be contravening a federal law (in other words, a federal offence). I can't see any medical institution or individual at a medical institution being willing to break federal law for someone who has simply contacted them out of the blue.

So much about this case is just odd, odd, odd.

I wonder how many people across America change the sheets of a just missing person's bed ?
what an odd priority

Err - I've heard of it sres. Through media reports of court cases and trials, usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy22192