CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mondays were not the regularly scheduled day of the week the housekeeper cleaned Bobs home. It's my belief SIL was surprised by finding her waiting at the door. It's also my belief had she not shown up that day SIL likely wouldn't have admitted being there that Monday.

JMO

Michaels, reportedly the last person to have seen Bob, has receipts verifying he was at Home Depot around the time he said he was, police say

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/4

Anything else to verify where SIL was outside of the time he said he was at Home Depot? Cell phone pings, car GPS, traffic camera's, toll booths...

What about the receipts for the parts for the 'odd jobs' and repairs supposedly needing to be done around Bobs house for Fontelle's arrival?

Bob was said to have left notes around the home for things he intended to do including adding Fontelle to his accounts. I'm sure he likely had notes around the home indicating what he intended to have done during the 3 weeks Fontelle was in MO preparing for her move to CA.

I wonder if Bobs notes confirm SIL's and DD's story regarding the work Bob wished to have done in the home.
I wonder if receipts for items for work done match up.......

Surely more than one receipt exists for this work other than the time SIL was at the home depot.

hmmmm........

For that matter -- if SiL had to go to Home Depot for things he was going to use to do repairs (?), and if he had a key, and was under the impression that Bob had just stepped out for a walk, why didn't he complete the repairs for which he had bought supplies?

I remember that post by R. She said the police "saved the best for last" when posting about her upcoming questioning session. I found that to be a strange comment.

I think it shows blinding narcissism at the very least. It seems some people believe that they should be the center of attention, or viewed as the victim, rather than granting that status to Bob.

For that matter -- if SiL had to go to Home Depot for things he was going to use to do repairs (?), and if he had a key, and was under the impression that Bob had just stepped out for a walk, why didn't he complete the repairs for which he had bought supplies?

Good point. This goes back to my earlier post of why these repairs were put off until 24 hours AFTER the 'heated family discussion' and less than 48 hours PRIOR to the expected arrival of Fontelle? Did anyone notice there has NEVER been any mention of these 'repairs' for 19 days prior to Bob's disappearance? No mention of: we were finishing up repairs started at dads.... just the one last minute day for these repairs.

hmmmmm..........

I think it shows blinding narcissism at the very least. It seems some people believe that they should be the center of attention, or viewed as the victim, rather than granting that status to Bob.

Yes, BOB is the victim here and he is our first and foremost priority.

Bob, we know you want to come home.
Please help us find you and bring you home as well as bring justice to those responsible for your disappearance!

Perhaps. I got the impression the reporter’s question about the time caught her off-guard, and so she looked away. She seems nervous and forced in the video, IMO.

She posted “I went dth to get the house ready, linens changed for he and his wife” instead of say, “We rushed back to Bob’s house…,” so I wonder what time this was, where the SIL was, and did he go back to Bob’s house after the missing person’s report was filed or the next morning?

Daughter PB posted on another forum “had nephew try to go through garage on Tuesday…”

So at a minimum, daughter JM and her son (Bob’s grandson) were at Bob’s on Tuesday, the day after he went missing. Not sure if that is daughter PB’s white minivan in the driveway next to Bob’s car in the video filmed the day after he went missing (at your link).

I wonder when and where the PPD questioned SIL about events on Monday?

Any idea's why JM and grandson where trapsing through Bobs home on Tuesday? Did they have LE permission to be there? Where was SIL when this was going on?

Good point. This goes back to my earlier post of why these repairs were put off until 24 hours AFTER the 'heated family discussion' and less than 48 hours PRIOR to the expected arrival of Fontelle? Did anyone notice there has NEVER been any mention of these 'repairs' for 19 days prior to Bob's disappearance? No mention of: we were finishing up repairs started at dads.... just the one last minute day for these repairs.

hmmmmm..........

As Suzyq211 once posted and I concur, most likely the previous day's arguement with the daughters CREATED the SIL's visit the next day.

I hope PPD viewed surveillance video from Home Depot.

As Suzyq211 once posted and I concur, most likely the previous day's arguement with the daughters CREATED the SIL's visit the next day.

I had always thought that the family "meeting" the day before was the first time they had been together since Bob had requested a "break" from the family. It just made sense to me that Bob had asked SIL to come back the next morning to help him around the house. Of course, that wouldn't make sense if they had all parted on poor terms the night before, but that's always been my theory.

I hope PPD viewed surveillance video from Home Depot.

I hope so, too. That should certainly help LE nail down the timeline.

I had always thought that the family "meeting" the day before was the first time they had been together since Bob had requested a "break" from the family. It just made sense to me that Bob had asked SIL to come back the next morning to help him around the house. Of course, that wouldn't make sense if they had all parted on poor terms the night before, but that's always been my theory.

I hope so, too. That should certainly help LE nail down the timeline.

No, the daughters met Fontelle shortly after she married their father, around the beginning of July. That would have been the first time they had been together before the six month break.

The SIL was not at the Sunday meeting as far as I know. In one of her posts, daughter P voluteered that "there were no threats" during the Sunday meeting. This leads me to believe there were threats at that meeting.

I don't think there was any talk of "home repairs."

No, the daughters met Fontelle shortly after she married their father, around the beginning of July. That would have been the first time they had been together before the six month break.

Do you me AFTER the 6 month break?

The SIL was not at the Sunday meeting as far as I know. In one of her posts, daughter P voluteered that "there were no threats" during the Sunday meeting. This leads me to believe there were threats at that meeting.

Do you know for sure SIL was NOT at the meeting the day before? I don't recall ever seeing that info before. Do you mean death threats or legal-type threats?

So, is it your opinion that the SIL went to Bob's the day after expressly to kill him? Does that sound like something he would do? From what I've read, I just can't see that. He and his wife and son seem to have been quite helpful and caring to Bob before he went missing.

IDK what to think! I see that the family are the obvious culprits here, but I'm just not able to deny the other possibilities.....yet.

Do you me AFTER the 6 month break?

Do you know for sure SIL was NOT at the meeting the day before? I don't recall ever seeing that info before. Do you mean death threats or legal-type threats?

So, is it your opinion that the SIL went to Bob's the day after expressly to kill him? Does that sound like something he would do? From what I've read, I just can't see that. He and his wife and son seem to have been quite helpful and caring to Bob before he went missing.

IDK what to think! I see that the family are the obvious culprits here, but I'm just not able to deny the other possibilities.....yet.

"The day before he disappeared, his daughters — PB, RB and JM— came to his home in Placentia, Calif. The four argued about money, police say."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2010985815_disappeared08.html

"Bob Harrod and his three daughters had an argument over finances the Sunday before he vanished."
http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html

I wish the PPD would polygraph the daughters and ask about the Sunday meeting. Exactly who got heated......Who made threats........Did they leave on good terms...........Did they go through their father's checkbook......etc.

I would really like to know when the daughters called Social Services for the second time. Was it after the Sunday meeting?

BBM. I can confirm this from my verified source. I heard the same on my end. Though I am not sure if the SIL was at the Sun night meeting or not.

I want to know first why there was so much concern about Bob not being at home--so much concern that the daughters requested a well-being check, and secondly, why no one in the family went to Bob's house to check on him themselves if there was so much concern.

From all accounts, the daughters had not been around for the previous six months, so they likely had no idea what Bob might have had planned for that day, or why he might have been absent--especially considering the fact that Michaels had just purportedly seen him that morning at the house.

The fact that no one in the family wanted to go check on Bob leaves me scratching my head, as well. From Michaels' account, he obviously had his own key with which to enter Bob's home, so why didn't he go check on Bob himself?

My gut is telling me that an alarm was raised because someone KNEW that Bob was really missing and not coming home again, and that he was not simply at a neighbor's or out for a walk. Further, no one in the family wanted to be the one to enter the home to add more potential evidence to what was likely already a crime scene.

"The day before he disappeared, his daughters — PB, RB and JM— came to his home in Placentia, Calif. The four argued about money, police say."

"Bob Harrod and his three daughters had an argument over finances the Sunday before he vanished."

I wish the PPD would polygraph the daughters and ask about the Sunday meeting. Exactly who got heated......Who made threats........Did they leave on good terms...........Did they go through their father's checkbook......etc.

I would really like to know when the daughters called Social Services for the second time. Was it after the Sunday meeting?

The close to the vest stuff. I wish we had those answers too. Though we have to wait patiently....

I KNOW Bob wants the truth to prevail....and it will in time.

Bob is in my heart now like my Debbie Fijan and Anna Waters.
I'm a Cub fan, been waiting since 1908 I have a lot of patience.

We'll find you Bob!

From WHOM did the information come that they had an argument over finances? I have seen that from the daughters. Do we know if they were the LE/media source? Or was it from Fontelle?

I want to know first why there was so much concern about Bob not being at home--so much concern that the daughters requested a well-being check, and secondly, why no one in the family went to Bob's house to check on him themselves if there was so much concern.

From all accounts, the daughters had not been around for the previous six months, so they likely had no idea what Bob might have had planned for that day, or why he might have been absent--especially considering the fact that Michaels had just purportedly seen him that morning at the house.

The fact that no one in the family wanted to go check on Bob leaves me scratching my head, as well. From Michaels' account, he obviously had his own key with which to enter Bob's home, so why didn't he go check on Bob himself?

My gut is telling me that an alarm was raised because someone KNEW that Bob was really missing and not coming home again, and that he was not simply at a neighbor's or out for a walk. Further, no one in the family wanted to be the one to enter the home to add more potential evidence to what was likely already a crime scene.

Excellent questions.... and the same I had when I first found Bobs thread in late June of this year. As you have time read the threads and check the media links and media link comments. MOO, FWIW, the first thread is almost entirely the money argument and who deserved what.... which really is not so imperative to Bobs case outside of this is about Bobs money. I hope whoever ends up with Bobs money when this whole thing is said and done donates it to charity.....

There is a lot to look at and it is difficult to catch up on cases, but this one is intriguing and worth the time to read.....

MOO, after mostly catching up the truth is buried somewhere behind the 'lets throw everything against the wall and see what sticks'. Read and see who is tossing up the smoke and mirrors for yourself.

jmo

In one of her posts, daughter P voluteered that "there were no threats" during the Sunday meeting. This leads me to believe there were threats at that meeting.

Yes - the transparency of some of the statements from the family is staggering. I do believe there were even conflicting accounts of whether the conversation was 'heated' or not.

At this point, I'm really curious as to why one sibling doesn't drop a dime on another? You'd think that there would be some monetary, if not moral, incentive to do so.

Excellent questions.... and the same I had when I first found Bobs thread in late June of this year. As you have time read the threads and check the media links and media link comments. MOO, FWIW, the first thread is almost entirely the money argument and who deserved what.... which really is not so imperative to Bobs case outside of this is about Bobs money. I hope whoever ends up with Bobs money when this whole thing is said and done donates it to charity.....

There is a lot to look at and it is difficult to catch up on cases, but this one is intriguing and worth the time to read.....

MOO, after mostly catching up the truth is buried somewhere behind the 'lets throw everything against the wall and see what sticks'. Read and see who is tossing up the smoke and mirrors for yourself.

jmo

Thanks for your response, Cubby. I have been here since Bob's case first appeared here, I just haven't posted before now.

I think that my thoughts and suspicions are likely following the same path as your's from what I have read. That being said, where there is so much concern and attention being paid to BOB'S money, I seriously doubt that those recipients have any plan at all to ever even consider donating it to charity. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if an attempt is made to spend every last penny of it on future legal fees.

From WHOM did the information come that they had an argument over finances? I have seen that from the daughters. Do we know if they were the LE/media source? Or was it from Fontelle?

Starting late... we have seen it from the daughters.

Go back and look at some of the daughters comments -carp so much has been removed - and read some of the media comments.

It's a different perspective coming into this a year later.

Who has the most to lose or gain here?

I've read some pretty nasty media article comments about having Bob jailed for embezzling funds and disregarding his wifes wishes to having him imprisoned for white collar crime. - I am still catching up on the media article comments but who would have interest in having Bob jailed if he is found for not honoring trust issues and... <That stuff actually read like he had signed> some agreement to never marry again.

All very strange imo... because what if either Bob or Georgia passed in their 50's? Would Bob or Georgia's wishes have been if one of us dies first let's delete from our marriage vows 'to death do us part'.

I get the heebie jeebies reading what appears to be an argument not only over money but an apparent not 'to death do us part' thing..... upon the death of either spouse in the media comments section.

You know when they talk about what's skin deep? I think we only have what is skin deep behind how deep this case goes......

and what is hidden shall be unhidden.
Nothing will hide the light,
No mountain.....

Justice WILL prevail in this case.
I know it will as much as I said long before the Black Hawks won the Cup this year. I can not explain the feeling, other than it will happen and not so long from now.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member