CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In CA, a person is presumed dead if not seen or heard from for a continuous period of 5 years (so that would mean 4 years from now in Bob's case).

An exception to this period of time might be made by the court if the person was exposed to “imminent peril” and fail to return, like a plane crash. A person would petition the court to declare a missing person dead, and the petitioner has the burden of producing evidence to show this presumption.

California Evidence Code Section 667
667. A person not heard from in five years is presumed to be dead.

California Probate Code Sections 12401, 12402, 12406
12401. In proceedings under this part,
a person who has not been seen or heard from for a continuous period of five years by those who are likely to have seen or heard from that person, and whose absence is not satisfactorily explained after diligent search or inquiry, is presumed to be dead. The person's death is presumed to have occurred at the end of the period unless there is sufficient evidence to establish that death occurred earlier.

12402. Subject to the provisions of this part, the estate of a missing person may be administered in the manner provided generally for the administration of estates of deceased persons.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=evid&group=00001-01000&file=660-670
http://law.justia.com/california/codes/prob/12400-12408.html

OK- I approached the Mason's to see what they thought about starting a collection (they have a Philanthropic fund available) and about putting Bob's flyer on the website. I expect to hear from them relatively soon-they also have their own magazine which might be interested in covering this story as well... Fingers Crossed!!!!

OK- I approached the Mason's to see what they thought about starting a collection (they have a Philanthropic fund available) and about putting Bob's flyer on the website. I expect to hear from them relatively soon-they also have their own magazine which might be interested in covering this story as well... Fingers Crossed!!!!

Great idea - thanks for contacting them!

Does anyone know how long Bob was a FreeMason? TIA

I am not sure of the exact number of years Mr. Harrod was a FreeMason.

Last year daughter R posted about her father being a Mason. She said, "Although not necessarily a pillar of the community by any standards, D previously had been active with the local Masonic Lodge, before they moved to OC about 10 yrs ago." She goes on to say Mr. Harrod transferred to a local chapter after the move to OC. I believe that was in Yorba Linda.

There appear to be two lodges near Bob's Placentia address:

Gateway No. 339
PO Box 7174
Fullerton, CA 92834-7174
(714) 256-1452

and

Yorba Linda No. 469
4847 Main St
Yorba Linda, CA 92886-3413
(714) 758-5954

No idea which he belonged to, and it could be neither of these; there are many in the greater metropolitan area. He was listed as a donor to the California Masons in 2007/2008 and 2008/2009 reports. I also believe that I read he helped both his grandson and CA Exile join. Perhaps CA Exile has more information on Bob's lodge or history.

"Although not a pillar of the community by any standards..." -- what a way to introduce a piece of biographical information about one's missing father! The 'by any standards' bit is just further salt in a wound -- the first part was bad enough as it was.

I am not sure of the exact number of years Mr. Harrod was a FreeMason.

Last year daughter R posted about her father being a Mason. She said, "Although not necessarily a pillar of the community by any standards, D previously had been active with the local Masonic Lodge, before they moved to OC about 10 yrs ago." She goes on to say Mr. Harrod transferred to a local chapter after the move to OC. I believe that was in Yorba Linda.

BBM. Is it just me or do the comments made by Bobs daughters about their father make anyone else wanna :puke: ?

Yes, Cubbie, it's funny you should say that. My first reaction to it was physical; it was stomach-turning in its repulsiveness. I have to think LE has picked up on all of this.

It's still stomach turning to me everytime I read it. *sigh*
Really convinces me if they even had a 1% incling he would be found alive they wouldn't write such things - because with all the attention to this case, they would have a lot of explaining to do if their dad ever returned safely. Such ugly written words as Bobs daughters have written would, imo, put a permanent wall between them.... the trust would be permanently broken and the relationship would be irreconcilable. (sp?) It convinces me they knew the moment he was missing he would not be returning safely.

JMO

BBM. Is it just me or do the comments made by Bobs daughters about their father make anyone else wanna :puke: ?

Yes, the desire to vomit is one of the gut reactions I feel when I read that stuff...then I get REALLY offended and angry for Mr. Harrod!!!!! :furious:

Yes, the desire to vomit is one of the gut reactions I feel when I read that stuff...then I get REALLY offended and angry for Mr. Harrod!!!!! :furious:

Me too. Angry, hurt, sad..... it makes me wish I could just hug Bob and tell him it will all be ok.
But it isn't ok..... :(
Two things I absolutley despise, anyone who messes with a kid or a senior. :furious:
There is nothing lower than messing with a kid or a senior in my book.

jmo

Me too. Angry, hurt, sad..... it makes me wish I could just hug Bob and tell him it will all be ok.
But it isn't ok..... :(
Two things I absolutley despise, anyone who messes with a kid or a senior. :furious:
There is nothing lower than messing with a kid or a senior in my book.
jmo

BBM
You and me, both, Sister!!!!!!

Oh no, here come the tears. My heart is so heavy for Bob sometimes...
He took care of everyone.... and all he wanted was to enjoy his last years with companionship and some selfish a-hole(s) took that from him. When justice finally comes I hope it comes gnashing to those responsible and I refuse to rest until Bob receives justice.

moo

Does anyone know if the SiL was a hunter/fisher, and if so, what areas might he have frequented? I'm curious about if he'd be familiar with any of the back-country between Placentia and Running Springs. There is a fair bit of wilderness around RS.

Does anyone know if the SiL was a hunter/fisher, and if so, what areas might he have frequented? I'm curious about if he'd be familiar with any of the back-country between Placentia and Running Springs. There is a fair bit of wilderness around RS.

J posted on ROTW that she cannot even let her dogs loose in the backyard as they have coyotes in their yard during the dayand when they take their old girl out to hunt her hubby carries a big "Bad Dog Wooping Stick" and he knows how to use it.

J posted on ROTW that she cannot even let her dogs loose in the backyard as they have coyotes in their yard during the dayand when they take their old girl out to hunt her hubby carries a big "Bad Dog Wooping Stick" and he knows how to use it.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I pity anyone who crosses the path of one who "carries a big 'Bad Dog Wooping Stick' and...knows how to use it."

Now, I have hunted before but never heard of this object-do tell!

Coyotes in the backyard-we have them hear in the NE. Is the stick something to be used on a coyote or the dog or...

Now, I have hunted before but never heard of this object-do tell!

Neither had I, so I googled "bad dog wooping stick", and found one non-WS link, to a RotW forum post, in which the poster remarked on how her hubby shot the eye out of a gopher from their balcony. He must be some shot! And probably has had some experience hunting, and may be familiar with the woods. All JMO (though, let me be clear, I do not think Bob was shot!)

Interesting find Montjoy...... wouldn't happen to be the same ROTW poster we've linked previous posts would it? ;) Because that one has mentioned her balcony......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member