GUILTY CA - Brock, 42, & Davina Husted, 42, pregnant, murdered, Faria Beach, 3 June 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fran, the "original night stalker" never murdered a known victim by stabbing.

This crime could be random, but a motorcycle helmet is so bulky. That's why I think it was someone known, so he could not be recognized by the back of his head, hair ect. It would really cover his features completely.

i.b.nora

Thank you so much for that link. This is what is spooky. I'm not positive of the location of the long ago murders in Dana Point,.....JBean, do you know if it was the community there above the Strands? Anyway, the Strands beach area looks similar to this photo, the foilage.

s.

JMHO
fran
I am pretty sure that the Dana Point murder was at Niguel Shores, which runs kind of near Salt Creek Beach and above Strands, off Niguel Rd. They do have their own beach access road that runs through Strands, which would simply involve jumping a chain link fence.
There is guard gate access off Niguel at the main entry, but only gate guard access at the beach level which would make it very easy.

I notice that most of these serial locations are not only upscale, but where the crime rate is very low and people are complacent about setting alarms and locking doors. Because of the "that doesn't happen here" mentality, they are quite vulnerable and make good targets for this serial thrill killing or whatever it is.

Do serial killers usually hide their face and try to hide their fingerprints? Or are they so crazy, they just don't care??

Fran, the "original night stalker" never murdered a known victim by stabbing.

This crime could be random, but a motorcycle helmet is so bulky. That's why I think it was someone known, so he could not be recognized by the back of his head, hair ect. It would really cover his features completely.

I think you are right. It could be random but then why go to all the trouble of wearing a helmet? Just seems like the person did not want to be recognized by anyone. I wonder if he had his shaded face shield in the down position on his helmet too?

imo

This seems personal to me. Do we know whether the knife was brought in or taken from their kitchen?

Oh god and she was pregnant!
I think we only know that they have the knife, but no details as to whether it was brought in or taken from the house. I am guessing it was from the house because it hasn't been mentioned as a clue.
jmho of course.

This California Coastline Project photo from 2002 shows the Faria Beach Campground as well as part of the Faria Beach Colony.
The Husted house is the seventh house on the beach from the campground.

You can view the photo here
Thanks for posting.

We have a similar neighborhood here in Dana Point (Capistrano Beach)called Beach RD. It sits on the sand right next door to Doheny State Beach and campgrounds. Those residents are probably beefing up their security.

Interesting that you guys brought up EAR/ONS as my mind immediately went there upon hearing of this crime. I didn't know about the E channel show, just figured I was just latching on to that thought because of the Ventura location, however, after reading Fran and ocean's posts and thinking about him a little more I don't know. The motorcycle helmet, and the kids being in the house and not harmed, makes me think motorcycle/quick get away/murder for hire/etc., however EAR/ONS is still in the back of my head. EAR/ONS didn't have a "set" MO per say, and I have always felt that if this guy isn't already dead or incarcerated he will not be able to help but show himself again, especially with all of the publicity and the connecting of the dots over the last few years. EAR/ONS reminds me of BTK and I just think that if this guy is still alive or not already in prison that his ego won't let him lie dormant forever.

What is EAR/ONS?

Does it mean anything if the killer left the weapon behind?
East Area Rapist and Original Night Stalker. Unsolved/unidentified California serial criminals.
(ONS not to be confused with Richard Ramirez the Night Stalker.)

East Area Rapist and Original Night Stalker. Unsolved/unidentified California serial criminals.
(ONS not to be confused with Richard Ramirez the Night Stalker.)

I had never heard of the EAR/ONS, but I searched for the term on Google and I am AMAZED at the ton of information and ideas that turned up. One writer even theorized that the EAR/ONS had never struck in Ventura, and found that surprising! I'm not sure why except that he was pretty prolific in several coastal communities in California. Also, a couple of his victims were said to resemble one another, and I wonder if anyone here has seen any photos of those victims. I'm wondering if any resembled Davina.

I recommend the Google search for EAR/ONS. JMO, of course.

Here is a link to the unsolved double murders in California.

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/8433

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Two soon-to-be-married Christian camp counselors reported missing earlier this week were shot to death in their sleeping bags on a remote beach, authorities said.

The bodies of Lindsay Cutshall, 23, and Jason Allen, 26, were discovered Wednesday when deputies rescuing a stranded hiker spotted the crime scene from their helicopter.

---
Thanks for this link. Reading that article reminded me of an article in the L.A. Times in 2007 in which Peter H. King, Times reporter par excellence, wondered if there could be a connection between these murders and those of another unmarried couple camping on a beach in -- I think -- Vancouver, Canada, in 1972. The focus of his article was about a young draft-dodger from New Jersey -- Joseph Burgess, I believe -- who had basically dropped out of society after moving to Canada, but whose i.d. papers were found near the scene of the 1972 murders. He has, apparently, never been located and has never contacted his family. He is suspected of moving around the mountains in the West. He was very "religious" and didn't approve of unmarried couples sharing camping accommodations, which is thought to be a motive in the 1972 slayings and caused people to wonder if the more recent murders could have provided a similar motivation.

Another idea I had when I first read Mr. King's article: Shortly before then, two women -- a mother and her grown daughter on a day hike in the mountains near Seattle -- were found murdered and I believe that case has also never been solved. Is it too far-fetched to wonder if this suspect in the 1972 murders -- thought/known to roam the mountains in the West -- might have come upon the women, thought they were lesbians and therefore decided to kill them because he also disapproved of their presumed lifestyle?

To be sure, this idea is JMO and, although I had considered contacting Mr. King about the Seattle murders, I simply never got around to it. However, I think I will do so now.

I wonder if there is any connection between the '72 suspect, the Seattle murders, the EAR/ONS attacks -- and even the Ventura murders.

Thanks for reading! I appreciate your ideas and suggestions.

-Track

P.S. You can Google "Peter King, L.A. Times, camp counselors murders" to access his article. I believe those murders happened in the 2003-2004 time frame.

Thank you for the link OBE. That's the couple I was speaking about.

Interesting write-up about the Original Night Stalker. Also shows the variety of weapons used, including a gun, fireplace log, unknown item that caused blunt force trauma, possibly a pipe wrench that was missing from the scene, knife, and the final attack involved both a gun and pipe wrench. Some sexual assault, some NO sexual assault.

Again I say, I don't know if this case is connected to the Original Night Stalker. I AM saying the possibility shouldn't be overlooked.

JMHO
fran

http://www.jjmcgr.org/BK/Clippings/20021128ons.pdf

The Path of the Original Night Stalker

I have to agree with those that think this couple was targeted. I do think the killer could have used the campground as his starting point though. Now in regards to the suit he was wearing, is it possible it was a wetsuit or am I off my rocker here? Someone in the water that late would not have been noticed and it's one way he could have made it to their house easily from the campground.

Ventura County Sheriff’s Department detectives continued Monday to analyze evidence gathered in the fatal stabbings of a pregnant woman and her husband in Faria Beach but said there were no new developments in the case.

snip

Authorities have not disclosed the type of evidence recovered. While not discussing the Husted case in particular, Ayub said stabbing suspects often leave behind DNA evidence, which the department could analyze in 48 to 72 hours, then try to match through a statewide database.

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/may/26/officials-analyzing-evidence-in-faria-beach/

Hopefully the killer cut himself with the bloody, slippery knife and left his DNA behind...very common in stabbings. Maybe they saw a blood trail that was leaving the home.

From what I have read and judging by their house this couple was wealthy. They probably had jewelry and money in the house that was not taken. The killer left the children alone which to me shows this person might know these children or have children themselves. The killer seemed to have known the sliding glass door would be open. You don't go wandering around a house looking for entry when you can clearly see the family is home and awake.

I am thinking disgruntled employee, jealous lover or ex-lover, family member or friend. Random crimes happen and sure it is a possibility but if it were random I would think he would have killed the children too and robbed the place. It seems to much like someone wanted this couple dead for a reason.

Authorities Serve Search Warrants In Husted Murder Investigation

Ventura, CA-- A number of search warrants have been issued in connection to last week's murder of a Ventura County husband and his pregnant wife.

http://www.keyt.com/news/local/46132077.html

Search warrants in parents' murder

FARIA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Several search warrants have been issued in connection to the murder of a couple in Ventura County.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?s...ounty&id=6833854&rss=rss-kabc-article-6833854

Funeral set for couple killed in Faria Beach

Funeral services have been set for Brock and Davina Husted, who were fatally stabbed May 20 at their Faria Beach home.

Recitation of the rosary will be at 7 p.m. Friday at Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Church in Ventura. The funeral will begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Our Lady of the Assumption, with a reception to follow in the church hall. Burial will be private.

http://www.venturacountystar.com/ne...illed-in-faria-beach/?partner=yahoo_headlines

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammi Toxic
Back