CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ dragracerz: What is your understanding of the fact that the SUV's airbag did NOT deploy, according to your sister in her radio interview? Why didn't it deploy? TIA

I know cars. It would take a pretty good front end hit to deploy the bag. Rolling a vehicle dosent hit the sensors

Re: The autopsy being done on Friday. This is Los Angeles, the second biggest city in the United States. There are many deaths here. Many. Most need autopsies because they are unattended deaths by a physician. Those all require the Medical Examiner's office to do an autopsy for COD, MOD.

The bodies line up. There were other dead bodies found around the county before the one burning yesterday. All these victims have families who are waiting for answers. Many already waited longer than Bryce's family has. I don't in any way mean to be insensitive to their family, or anyone's, but I've had family members at the L.A. County Coroners Office and have had to wait for the results of an autopsy. We all have to wait our turn. One person is no more important than another, unless you are Michael Jackson, Nicole Brown Simpson or River Phoenix.

In addition, when an autopsy is performed, in many cases someone from LE needs to be present in case there are bullets recovered, that need to be taken to the lab for ballistic testing, they might have a suspect on hold and need proof as to whether she/he will be charged or not.

I've hope I've explained this without stepping on toes, that is not my intent. I'm just trying to answer why it won't be until tomorrow that an autopsy is performed. There are a LOT of people here and a LOT of dead bodies to be dealt with. IMO, JMO.

I know cars. It would take a pretty good front end hit to deploy the bag. Rolling a vehicle dosent hit the sensors

@ dragracerz: So would that insinuate that the SUV didn't go front end first over the drop off but rather the driver may have missed a turn or slowly drove off the road and SUV rolled sideways down the hill???

I'm having trouble understanding how that SUV didn't smack front end first and deploy airbags - can you help me to understand? TIA

CatFancier is helping me get verified

Thanks Cat

Re: The autopsy being done on Friday. This is Los Angeles, the second biggest city in the United States. There are many deaths here. Many. Most need autopsies because they are unattended deaths by a physician. Those all require the Medical Examiner's office to do an autopsy for COD, MOD.

The bodies line up. There were other dead bodies found around the county before the one burning yesterday. All these victims have families who are waiting for answers. Many already waited longer than Bryce's family has. I don't in any way mean to be insensitive to their family, or anyone's, but I've had family members at the L.A. County Coroners Office and have had to wait for the results of an autopsy. We all have to wait our turn. One person is no more important than another, unless you are Michael Jackson, Nicole Brown Simpson or River Phoenix.

In addition, when an autopsy is performed, in many cases someone from LE needs to be present in case there are bullets recovered, that need to be taken to the lab for ballistic testing, they might have a suspect on hold and need proof as to whether she/he will be charged or not.

I've hope I've explained this without stepping on toes, that is not my intent. I'm just trying to answer why it won't be until tomorrow that an autopsy is performed. There are a LOT of people here and a LOT of dead bodies to be dealt with. IMO, JMO.

These are good points and make a lot of sense. However, I would hope a burning body in the brush would take precedence over, say, an 85yo who died in the hospital. For the latter, there is likely nothing suspicious about the death. For the former...well, it's too late for that person, but a suspicious death like a flaming body may indicate a killer on the loose, meaning other people are still at risk.
To me, it's not about anyone being more important than anyone else. It's about protecting the public. It's like triage, sort of, but on the deceased.

The eviction from the dorm was this last spring, wasn't it?

@ dragracerz: So would that insinuate that the SUV didn't go front end first over the drop off but rather the driver may have missed a turn or slowly drove off the road and SUV rolled sideways down the hill???

I'm having trouble understanding how that SUV didn't smack front end first and deploy airbags - can you help me to understand? TIA

The way I heard it was the vehicle went around the gate (didn't hit it) and missed the cell tower and veered toward the drop off.
That leads me to believe it was going straight and one side dropped off causing it to roll.

CatFancier is helping me get verified

Thanks Cat

YAY! :woohoo: I knew one of the mods would help you. They are awesome!

FWIW - (For what its worth) I believe you, and am hopeful for a good outcome~! Keep the faith!

I get it.. I guess I was just hoping for answers today, hoping for good answers.

There was no eviction from the dorm. He moved into an apartment

ok....I thought his former roommate said they got evicted. Bryce partying and on the wrong path....guess I'll look for a link

ok....I thought his former roommate said they got evicted. Bryce partying and on the wrong path....guess I'll look for a link

The prior roommate did say that. I wonder why he said that.

@ dragracerz: On the video of the SUV driving two or three times by the crash location, was Bryce recognized? If so, was he the driver or passenger? Was there a passenger? TIA

His former roommate might have said that, but that is not what happened.
That could be why that is his former roomate

@ dragracerz: On the video of the SUV driving two or three times by the crash location, was Bryce recognized? If so, was he the driver or passenger? Was there a passenger? TIA

I didn't see the tape, I am in Illinois. I was told that it was Bryce's vehicle.
I don't know if they assumed that because it was a gold SUV or if they were able to get the plate.
I am certain there was only 1 person observed in the vehicle because there should have only been 1 person in the car and if they saw more than 1, that would have thrown up a red flag. I do not know if they could make out that the driver was Bryce

I am all for looking into the possible second person , second car etc theory

His former roommate might have said that, but that is not what happened.
That could be why that is his former roomate

How odd....well, here's the link, anyway. Can't believe the guy let the media use his name if what he is saying is untrue. :facepalm:

Hmm. I read it as the former roommate said that Bryce was evicted, not both of them. Still would like to know why BL's friends thought they needed to take away his keys. Was he acting up or maybe he hadn't slept and they knew that. Just so hot and he only buys one drink in how many days. So odd.

Hmm. I read it as the former roommate said that Bryce was evicted, not both of them. Still would like to know why BL's friends thought they needed to take away his keys. Was he acting up or maybe he hadn't slept and they knew that. Just so hot and he only buys one drink in how many days. So odd.

If he was evicted, I didn't know that. Again, I am in IL and not in the loop on everything my nephew did or didn't do.

As far as the key thing, again I don't know for sure, I wasn't there

I found this site while searching for any new news feeds. I joined to try to answer some questions and give some backround on Bryce and clear up a few things that were posted but not possible.
I am almost in the dark on what happened during the entire timeline as everyone else on here. I will try to post any info I have as long as it dosent interfere with the investigation
After making these posts today, I forgot to tell everyone here that this is a great site, and hopefully it can make a difference in a lot of lives.
After Bryce is found safe, I will continue to come on here.

These are good points and make a lot of sense. However, I would hope a burning body in the brush would take precedence over, say, an 85yo who died in the hospital. For the latter, there is likely nothing suspicious about the death. For the former...well, it's too late for that person, but a suspicious death like a flaming body may indicate a killer on the loose, meaning other people are still at risk.
To me, it's not about anyone being more important than anyone else. It's about protecting the public. It's like triage, sort of, but on the deceased.

An 85 year old who died in the hospital is an physician attended death and does not need an autopsy at all. I'm not talking about those.

I'm talking about unattended deaths, like this one. We had a unidentified man found dead in Gorman, a woman who was found dead in the desert. One who was found dead under a bridge. A double homicide in a house. These all happened before the body that was found yesterday. And all these people have families, all these people need autopsies to determine COD, MOD. And all were probably scheduled before the one yesterday.

And autopsy done for ID purposes does not only include who the body isn't, but who the body is, which takes more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3