CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As I’ve said before, I think Bryce made up his mind and all the stalling was purposeful whether for contemplation or as a means of distracting his parents. My opinions and theories have definitely evolved and became more simple the longer I follow missing person cases. While I do believe it’s not always what it seems, I tend to stick with the most logical explanation is probably true. (Only sometimes it seems there is no most logical explanation.) It’s like trust your gut to me. My instincts may not be 100% but if I listen to my gut feelings, the worst that happens is I was overly cautious for no reason.

I hope they do search the area more thoroughly. Even if he were found there, it’s possible that some may not find closure if they cannot accept certain explanations. But that is their right and no one can make another come to terms with something they don’t want to. No one can convince someone of something they don’t believe or don’t want to believe. Sometimes acceptance is never found and that’s just the way it is. The pain of losing a loved one is very personal and I think sometimes our mind gets stuck on certain things as a means of protection. Just like how a traumatic event is removed from our memory when needed.

Yeah after thinking about this on and off for 7 years now the information has bounced around my head enough that most of the the extraneous stuff has been loosened up and shaken off. I think you are right about the acceptance thing -- Bryce's is the first missing person case I followed and after researching and learning about so many more -- in that there seems to be a mental roadblock for families in many cases.

I think reserving judgement about it from a human standpoint is the right thing to do. At the same time, in a case where someone is missing, my personal opinion has changed to who cares about whatever the bad or embarrassing stuff is let's just get them back if possible.

Personally, the video leads me to believe he was suicidal when the car went down the embankment. It seems though, there are many stories of people regretting suicide as they attempt it, and when it fails they feel a renewed sense of strength and hopefulness about their situation. Since dogs were able to follow his scent to the truck stop, I believe he had an epiphany after the crash and decided that this was Day 1 of his new life. He wasn't happy with his old one so this gave him a chance to make some much needed changes. I believe he's probably out there somewhere living under the radar contentedly. Hopefully he'll come forward at some point to reunite with his family.

Personally, the video leads me to believe he was suicidal when the car went down the embankment. It seems though, there are many stories of people regretting suicide as they attempt it, and when it fails they feel a renewed sense of strength and hopefulness about their situation. Since dogs were able to follow his scent to the truck stop, I believe he had an epiphany after the crash and decided that this was Day 1 of his new life. He wasn't happy with his old one so this gave him a chance to make some much needed changes. I believe he's probably out there somewhere living under the radar contentedly. Hopefully he'll come forward at some point to reunite with his family.
The dogs only followed his scent to the lake or dam as far as I remember. The fact that the car was rolled over, he needed to sleep, and all of that weirdness surrounding the phone calls/welfare check, the vynase abuse shortly before his departure make me think he was bombed out of his mind and disoriented, possibly was cognizant enough to think of hiding out in the park, was looking for a secluded spot, accidentally caused the car accident, freaked, grabbed some stuff and headed off and because he was messed up he ended up in the lake near the dam. We don't know though because for whatever reason the family doesn't want to search the lake.

While I have the ultimate respect for the families of the missing, I have never let them influence where I searched and how. In SAR and LE, you can't let family emotions control your operational planning. I want the subject to be found alive as much as they do. You do no justice to your first responder oath/mission, the public you serve and the missing subject if you don't explore every scenario. Bottom Line - Every missing person deserves to be found, no matter what it takes or how long it takes.

While I have the ultimate respect for the families of the missing, I have never let them influence where I searched and how. In SAR and LE, you can't let family emotions control your operational planning. I want the subject to be found alive as much as they do. You do no justice to your first responder oath/mission, the public you serve and the missing subject if you don't explore every scenario. Bottom Line - Every missing person deserves to be found, no matter what it takes or how long it takes.
Thank you for all you do for the missing.

Looking between the man in question and Bryce's pictures I do see the similarity but I think this fellow's nose is longer/different than Bryce's. In my opinion only, this is not Bryce. I wish it was.

Interesting find! I would PM the Facebook page so they can take a look, just in case.

After looking closely, for some reason it reminded me of Macin Smith, another missing person. He has a thread here if anyone is interested and hasn’t heard of him.

I wish we could find all the missing!

And find them alive.

Interesting find! I would PM the Facebook page so they can take a look, just in case.

After looking closely, for some reason it reminded me of Macin Smith, another missing person. He has a thread here if anyone is interested and hasn’t heard of him.

I wish we could find all the missing!

I don't have a Facebook account, maybe one of our members could PM the Facebook page for Bryce.

How does everyone feel about the very real notion, "People can go missing if they want to". Bryce was 19, he has no legal obligation to tell his parents where he is, but after 7 years you'd think he'd reach out to someone. It is not all that easy to just fake your own death and start up a new life; even as a homeless person. I cannot shake that something is connected with Lamondre Miles being killed and his remains burned right at the same location Bryce went missing. It's just too coincidental.
Possible he stumbled upon the burning and was snatched.

Just came across this case. Here is a great article about Bryce: Bryce Laspisa Disappearance Case Progress After 7 Years - [Latest 2021]

It seems that Bryce did want know those that he knew to know about his troubles. He kept a warm, friendly, comfortable demeanor with those close to him. I think that the alcohol and drug use got really bad and it cause Bryce to have a mental and emotional breakdown that got progressively worse. His judgements and thoughts with doing the right things became distorted, likely because of the side effects of the medication. I read that the medication that Bryce was taking can cause hallucinations, disorientation, and psychotic behavior. Mixed with alcohol and possibly other drugs, his mental state had to be headed for disaster.

I think he may have been paranoid about coming home and did not want his parents to see him in this tragic state. I think that the alcohol and drugs drove him to suicide. If by chance they did not, I think Bryce took off and clearly does not want to be found if he is still alive.

This case is a very strong wake up call showing how alcohol and drugs can really affect a pleasant personality and shatter the lives of their loved ones!

Satch

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niceperson
Back