CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's me failed totally at sleuthing. Sorry folks.
I'll retire back into lurkerdom.

I can't seem to locate Kissime's post now so I'm wondering if it was taken down. Just in case, I removed my response to it as well. (In case it was a violation). If it was removed, then I guess I am confused on the rules. Kissime posted a link to a Chicago Tribune obituary. I would have thought Chicago Tribune would be a legit, allowable source to link to? If someone wants to clear me up on the protocol, please feel free to help me out. :) Thank you!!!

And since I removed my other post, let me reiterate to Kissime, WELCOME!!!! :)

I didn't notice that when I snipped, I was snipping for a disallowed site. Feel free to post the link to the obituary.

The idea of footprints near the car is a terrific one! I can't imagine there wouldn't be anything at all to see there.

A friend of mine was murdered years ago and although unsolved, LE did find "signs of a scuffle" in the dirt where he was stabbed.

If LE feels confident that Bryce is not in the area...where would TES search? The same places that have been searched for two weeks? They probably don't like doing that, it might be disrespectful to LE or something. JMO

But I wouldn't mind that lake being searched until it can be cleared as close to 100% sure as possible.

The idea of footprints near the car is a terrific one! I can't imagine there wouldn't be anything at all to see there.

A friend of mine was murdered years ago and although unsolved, LE did find "signs of a scuffle" in the dirt where he was stabbed.

I just have to say....cutest tux ever!!!

ETA: mmm I think I see some ginger in there actually. Cutest calico then haha

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

If LE feels confident that Bryce is not in the area...where would TES search? The same places that have been searched for two weeks? They probably don't like doing that, it might be disrespectful to LE or something. JMO

But I wouldn't mind that lake being searched until it can be cleared as close to 100% sure as possible.

From my understanding the lake was not fully checked by sonar and definitely not by dive team. They dived to 80 feet and the lake gets as deep as 300 feet. With sonar they checked around the perimeter of the lake but not the middle area. He could easily have drifted further into the lake by the time the search went on. The weather was very mild but there is significant boat activity.

If TES came in, they would be able to thoroughly check over areas already searched as well as newly search.

We ALL make mistakes, Kissi...all of us. And I'm a terrible sleuther, too, but occasionally I get a bright idea. And I've got a lot of posts, too.

Stay around...post your thoughts and ideas. Making a mistake is NO reason to not be here in 'lurkdom'. Post away, please...

Best-
Herding Cats

From my understanding the lake was not fully checked by sonar and definitely not by dive team. They dived to 80 feet and the lake gets as deep as 300 feet. With sonar they checked around the perimeter of the lake but not the middle area. He could easily have drifted further into the lake by the time the search went on. The weather was very mild but there is significant boat activity.

If TES came in, they would be able to thoroughly check over areas already searched as well as newly searched.

I just wonder if they will...waiting to see.

No I can't think of anyone who went to police or hospital offhand...but then I don't think he is wandering around with amnesia all this time. As I said, IF he is not deceased and if he is NOT staying away on purpose (which are the two main theories for me) then I can't imagine police not having come across him somewhere, i.e as a "new" vagrant.

I do not believe he hopped a ride with a trucker.
Personally, I feel he is not alive, but there is also a chance he decided to "cut out" of his life for a while, or forever. JMO

I tend to agree with you. I think he is not alive either by drowning and is still at the bottom of the lake snagged on something or he met up with foul play and his body was taken somewhere no where near the lake. Most missing person cases do not end well :(

The lake with their sonar equipment. Much better than what the divers used. I posted some you tube videos earlier. Also, atvs, horseback. They have been doing this a very long time and know exactly what to look for. They have recovered many missing people. You can check out their website. They've worked many high profile cases. Natalee Holloway, Mickey Shunick, Caylee Anthony, Terrilynn Monette, Lacy Peterson and many many more. They have thousands of trained volunteers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No way!!! You have to stay, I insist! :) I've made mistakes too because I was confused on the rules too. (I'm also newish having only been on here a few days and I also only came on because Bryce's case really gripped me). The way I see it, the more people tossing ideas around, the better chance his family has being reunited with him. So everyone is needed!

No way!!! You have to stay, I insist! :) I've made mistakes too because I was confused on the rules too. (I'm also newish having only been on here a few days and I also only came on because Bryce's case really gripped me). The way I see it, the more people tossing ideas around, the better chance his family has being reunited with him. So everyone is needed!

Agreed 100%! I've been on here awhile now, but I still screw up once in awhile. I used to get upset but after reading some other forums I've grown to really appreciate the rules here. Try not to take it too personally. I hope you'll keep posting. You never know what idea might lead to finding a missing loved one.

Note for searchers: As I was driving home today I noticed a hawk circling above near my house (not in Castaic) but in SCV. I'm pretty sure he had an eye on something below to eat (most likely roadkill) but it immediately sparked in me to think of the searchers - if there was a body in the brush there could be birds or other wildlife around so look for them. I'm hoping that's not the case obviously...just thought it may help somehow :dunno:

BBM = Bolded By Me

FYI: There is a list of abbreviations somewhere on this site.
Maybe someone, who knows where it's located, could post it here? TIA

Just so you know your request isn't being ignored, I've been looking for it. Haven't found it yet, but I know what you're talking about. We need a tutorial on how to find the tutorial... then we have to hope we can find either one of the tutorials. :)

Abbreviations

Websleuths Lingo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

BTW: I made plenty of mistakes too when I first got here. Every other post I made was deleted and couldn't figure out why. I had a wicked sense of humor and was posting with it. It's considered sarcasm and was not allowed. Once I figured that out, I didn't have near as many posts deleted.

You post and you learn. I think it takes us all a little while. Don't worry, just relax and if something gets deleted, don't get upset about it. K???

Abbreviations

Websleuths Lingo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

BTW: I made plenty of mistakes too when I first got here. Every other post I made was deleted and couldn't figure out why. I had a wicked sense of humor and was posting with it. It's considered sarcasm and was not allowed. Once I figured that out, I didn't have near as many posts deleted.

You post and you learn. I think it takes us all a little while. Don't worry, just relax and if something gets deleted, don't get upset about it. K???

BBM: Which is why you hardly hear from me (sarcasm, my natural language). :D

Someone linked to this article on the Find Bryce FB page:

http://www.sierrastar.com/2013/09/11/64513/press-release-mariposa-county.html

Mariposa County Recovered Body
Published: September 11, 2013

"The Mariposa County Sheriff’s Office has recovered the remains of an adult male within the Stanislaus National Forest of Mariposa County. The remains were taken for an autopsy and determined to be those of a white male adult in his early to mid- twenties. No identification has been made at this time."

(Mariposa County is approximately 4 hours north of Castaic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmphilippe