CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if I ever see someone I believe to be missing I would call 911 but continue to follow/watch that person until LE got there.

Every "sighting" could be BL but none of these have panned out. I hate to say it but let's not get our hopes up to high or speculate on these. JMO

The fact that in all of these sighting nobody has followed him or even tried to talk to him leaves me to believe they are not real. Crackpots? Crazys? Whatever they are these people are not giving us anything solid to believe in. Don't get me wrong, they should all be followed up on just to rule them out but I'm not putting to much faith in them.

All the posters and fliers put out say to call 911 and I'm not seeing that happen often enough.
I agree with you. As much as I would like him to be found, there will be lots of false sightings. It does no good to put out incorrect information that redheads are a rarity in California. They said the same stupid things in the Linnea Lomax case- that blondes were a rarity in Sacramento. Being a native Californian who has lived and traveled alot up and down the state, and spent lots of time in Sacramento, and has a niece with long, curly, blonde hair- I can tell you that both statements are patently false!!!

It is possible that one sighting will lead to Bryce... In this current case, the person called 911 right away, but it took LE a while to get there. :( Most sightings won't pan out, only the last sighting will ;) And, true, there are crazy types out there who make things up for god only knows what small-minded reason... :facepalm:
I do think that the "local" sightings- considering Oxnard relatively local to Castaic are far more likely than his having left the state, like the one in Oregon. Bryce lost his car due to the accident. He's not the guy who kidnapped Hannah Anderson and made it from San Diego to Idaho in one day!!

Every "sighting" could be BL but none of these have panned out. I hate to say it but let's not get our hopes up to high or speculate on these. JMO

The fact that in all of these sighting nobody has followed him or even tried to talk to him leaves me to believe they are not real. Crackpots? Crazys? Whatever they are these people are not giving us anything solid to believe in. Don't get me wrong, they should all be followed up on just to rule them out but I'm not putting to much faith in them.

All the posters and fliers put out say to call 911 and I'm not seeing that happen often enough.

The person in the hotel did in fact call 911, according to the Find Bryce FB, but it took too long for LE to get there.

And it may be one thing for us to say we would follow the guy or talk to him until police showed up but in real life, it can be intimidating. I was walking with my darling dog in the back bay a few weekends ago, and I saw a tall, red-headed guy walking on the trail ahead of me in a slightly wooded area, and then look sideways at me for a moment and dash into the brush. He looked homeless and closer to me to 30 than 20, but i did wonder if he could be Bryce. I did not follow the guy or question him because even though I was with my huge dog, my dog is a coward and would be unlikely to protect me. I was alone and it was a secluded area. Also, I would not have called 911 as it was a thought, not a certainty.

Some of these people may be intimidated, nervous, embarrassed, or whatever. They could be young, unsure, undocumented, who knows!

I had not thought of this before. We know the only other vehicle going into the park that night was the fishermen right? So who saw the vehicle and then called it in at 5.30am? The only other person I know was there was the driver of BL's SUV and I believe we have assumed all along that it was BL driving. Meaning BL called in the accident. Assuming this is correct then I would say if he was of right mind enough to make that call, then this is "planned". JMO

A construction worker on a project at the lake called in the wrecked car. During the heat of August construction projects are usually started at sunrise, or about 6:00 am at that time of year.

I see what you mean! Hadn't thought of that before. If someone (employee of the lake?) found the vehicle, when did they go in and why didn't the video camera catch them? We've heard about Bryce's car going in twice. Followed the last time very shortly after by the fishermen. So where's the employee's car? Hmmm. Are there other entrances that the employee would likely use? But then, it begs two questions: If the employee came in a different way (is there one??) how did they happen across Bryce's car so quickly? And how many other cars could have came in that different way as well? Maybe the car that took Bryce out of there. I have not heard about another entrance so I'm assuming there isn't one. But then that makes it very strange - how did the employee get there???

I don't think that every single car that went through the area of the camera was reported....probably just the ones that they couldn't rule out as an employee, etc. I assume the fishermen were the only car that they weren't able to rule out immediately. I would still love to know where that camera is located on Hughes Road as it would answer a lot of questions I have.

Also, if the camera only records the front license plate of the car what happens if the car doesn't have a front license plate? I know a lot of people who don't have front license plates on their car.

He was hateful. Kids can be, especially at that age when they haven't developed filters and often if they are going through their own insecurities. Junior high was a nightmare for me as a result of those little b^stards.

I didn't see anything within the last year to be alarmed about. He has three posts within the last year. One he states he "get jiggy wit dis", referring to a song, which means he's getting down to the song. The second states he "effing" loves another video. The third is the only one that is rude. He comments to a little girl who posted a video of herself singing, that: "umm ur 8.. yet your wearing enough makeup to cover all the faces of women in an african village". Others in the comments discussed the child's heavy makeup and while I don't think it's right to criticize a child in that manner, it wasn't an insult about her looks, just about the inappropriateness of her makeup, an opinion he is entitled to.

I think Bryce made horrible, nasty comments when he was 12-15 and probably feeling awkward about himself (I note one comment was to a "ginger" kid about his hair), but he seems to have grown up since then.

Question, why do parents allow their kids to post videos of themselves or to spend hours posting horrible comments? Isn't anyone watching their kids anymore?

BBM
My friends and I ask each other this very same question all of the time! From what I have seen in my little slice of the world very, very few parents monitor their children's online activity. Some of the things I have seen posted online by 12 and 13 year old children are unbelievable! :banghead:

I don't think that every single car that went through the area of the camera was reported....probably just the ones that they couldn't rule out as an employee, etc. I assume the fishermen were the only car that they weren't able to rule out immediately. I would still love to know where that camera is located on Hughes Road as it would answer a lot of questions I have.

Also, if the camera only records the front license plate of the car what happens if the car doesn't have a front license plate? I know a lot of people who don't have front license plates on their car.

Here is the camera

http://crazylife98.tumblr.com/post/62755713281

I did a google drive of the area and this is the only one I found on Lake Hughes Rd

A construction worker on a project at the lake called in the wrecked car. During the heat of August construction projects are usually started at sunrise, or about 6:00 am at that time of year.

Do you happen to have a link?

So not smart to post stuff out there using real and complete name, too, if you gotta do it at all.

So not smart to post stuff out there using real and complete name, too, if you gotta do it at all.

Agreed. Kids/teenagers don't realize that the stuff they post online will likely remain out there in perpetuity. Future employers and landlords can easily google their name and see online activity. I've always told my kids to never post something they don't want their mother or grandparents to read.

Please do not bring info from comments sections on social media/youtube here.

As far as following someone you think may be a missing person:

I don't know what I'd do. First off, I'm not that mobile. Secondly, when I'm out and about, it's for a reason, I have an appointment and need to be at a certain place at a certain time. Thirdly, I don't trust my judgment enough that if I see someone that looks like someone, I'd feel confident enough to call the police.

In addition, there are dangers to just following random people around. What if it's not who you think it is and it's someone with a long criminal/violent record?

I don't think I would have the courage to go up to a stranger and ask "are you so and so?" I don't like intruding on other people in any way. I hate when people approach me for any reason. They usually want something and I feel intimidated and threatened. I always wait for them to either steal my purse, knock me down, stick a gun in my ribs, or some other horrid thing. I leave people alone and I want them to leave me alone.

Not everyone would do the same thing as everyone else. It doesn't make them wrong. IMO.

I just drove I-5 back from Southern California to Northern California. It raised some questions for me. First of all, Buttonwillow is pretty far from the freeway. I stopped at the rest stop there. There are vending machines for cold drinks and snacks. I wonder why BL left the freeway. Then, the Lake Hughes exit has plenty of places to stop way before Lake castaic. If I was tired of driving, I would have pulled off the road near the freeway. I am so concerned that the scent trail to the lake is the critical point. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Is it true that Bryce's parents moved to California so Bryce could go to college there? I read this on the family facebook page and found it highly unusual. Young people often choose to spread their wings and go to college out of state to get some space from parents. If this is true it seems very odd for parents to move to another state for their child to attend college there. Can someone clarify?

Apologize if this has been discussed, this is my first post however I am a long time lurker on various cases.

Is it true that Bryce's parents moved to California so Bryce could go to college there? I read this on the family facebook page and found it highly unusual. Young people often choose to spread their wings and go to college out of state to get some space from parents. If this is true it seems very odd for parents to move to another state for their child to attend college there. Can someone clarify?

Apologize if this has been discussed, this is my first post however I am a long time lurker on various cases.

welcomed btrain! it has been stated that they moved to california for a "fresh start."

Crazy!! If that's true, I wonder why they didn't move to Northern California, where Bryce was going to college. Living in Southern California is expensive, the houses are expensive. They probably would have spent less over all to just pay out of state tuition.

My son went to college out of state and we had to pay out of state tuition. We didn't move there because my husband was still working and I hate the extreme heat. But if I had moved to that state, it would have been in the same town as the college my son went to so he could live at home and his expenses wouldn't have been so high.

According to one of our posters, kmw461, the move to CA was a move already planned for after both parents retiring. At least, that's how I understood it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9855471&postcount=808

OK ... I broke down and had to consolidate the timelines ... here's what
we've got ... let me know about additions/deletions/corrections ... thx.

Sources: All info is either from the L family timeline, MSM, dragracerz,
official reports, etc.

attachment.php

Page 2
attachment.php

Attachments

• BL Case Timeline_p1.jpg
    BL Case Timeline_p1.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 172
  • BL Case Timeline_p2.jpg
    BL Case Timeline_p2.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 175