Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but think BL may have had a 19 year old's nasty reaction, with
the last straw being parents having called LE to do a wellness check/drug
search in Buttonwillow. JMO

The SUV over the cliff, all trackable/traceable items left in the SUV and
no sign of BL anywhere. Was this disappearance a see if you can find me now
sort of a 19 year old's snub?

I, for one, would be more than happy if this were the case! Would just be so glad he was safe, alive, and warm! I WOULD want to say "Call your Mama!!" but other than that, I'd be fine with this scenario. :p :)

While I would be thrilled that he is ok, I would not be happy with the wasted resources being used or him senslessly worrying everyone.

Has the grandfather sighting been confirmed? He's sure it was Bryce?

If he pushed the vehicle off the embankment, why was there blood in/around the crash site? Also, why was the rear window broken?

Sadly, I think that it was truly an accidental crash, and he's still in that area. I hope that I'm proven wrong.

Recent update on the FIND BRYCE LASPISA page says the various CA sightings have not panned out. No confirmation on the potential OR sighting yet. I didn't realize there were so many reports of a possible Bryce in CA! Would this have all been the same guy that people were seeing?
I guess I'm wondering if it's possible this same redheaded minor was seen in all 4 towns. Or if maybe some of the sightings were him and others could have still been Bryce.

https://m.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA?id=619709491406791&_rdr

I can't help but think BL may have had a 19 year old's nasty reaction, with
the last straw being parents having called LE to do a wellness check/drug
search in Buttonwillow. JMO

The SUV over the cliff, all trackable/traceable items left in the SUV and
no sign of BL anywhere. Was this disappearance a see if you can find me now
sort of a 19 year old's snub?

I think this is a very good possibility. Bryce wasn't returning his mom's calls. Mom had a stranger check up on Bryce twice and then called the police and had him searched. Mom had also found out Bryce was on drugs, acting strangely, broke up with his girlfriend (whom she really liked) and also stopped going to his classes just two weeks into the new school year. I imagine mom was pretty angry at her son (I would have been) and I imagine Bryce must have been pretty angry with her, as well (which I also would have been at 19, under the same circumstances.) I wonder if there was any mention of an ultimatum regarding his car in any of the telephone conversations between Bryce and his parents (eg. "Come home now or I am going to take your car away fro you" type of a thing.) The mixture of lack of sleep, drug use and anger might very well have prompted him to push his car off the embankment and walk away. As an after thought he may have smashed the back window to get something out of his bag and cut himself in the process (I think only one article said there was blood outside of the car which might not have been accurate....everything else I read stated the blood was inside the car.) The blood may have also been present in the car prior to it going over the embankment. Family isn't responding about the blood evidence in or around the vehicle.

bbm

I do not recall reading that he stopped going to classes. Do you have a link?

I think this is a very good possibility. Bryce wasn't returning his mom's calls. Mom had a stranger check up on Bryce twice and then called the police and had him searched. Mom had also found out Bryce was on drugs, acting strangely, broke up with his girlfriend (whom she really liked) and also stopped going to his classes just two weeks into the new school year. I imagine mom was pretty angry at her son (I would have been) and I imagine Bryce must have been pretty angry with her, as well (which I also would have been at 19, under the same circumstances.) I wonder if there was any mention of an ultimatum regarding his car in any of the telephone conversations between Bryce and his parents (eg. "Come home now or I am going to take your car away fro you" type of a thing.) The mixture of lack of sleep, drug use and anger might very well have prompted him to push his car off the embankment and walk away. As an after thought he may have smashed the back window to get something out of his bag and cut himself in the process (I think only one article said there was blood outside of the car which might not have been accurate....everything else I read stated the blood was inside the car.) The blood may have also been present in the car prior to it going over the embankment. Family isn't responding about the blood evidence in or around the vehicle.

bbm

I do not recall reading that he stopped going to classes. Do you have a link?

In Mom's timeline in the below article she states he went to two classes on Monday and doesn't indicate he went to any other classes beyond that day. I assume he was taking more than just two classes on one day a week. If he was, he stopped going to his classes after that Monday as he didn't go missing until Friday morning.

http://www.signalscv.com/m/section/36/article/104116/

The Find Bryce FB page has announced a candlelight vigil in Castaic on Monday, September 30th at 6pm (lower lake.)

Also stated no pertinent info on his disappearance on his phone or computer and no luck in the Oregon search. Still waiting on phone records from AT&T.

If he pushed the vehicle off the embankment, why was there blood in/around the crash site? Also, why was the rear window broken?

Sadly, I think that it was truly an accidental crash, and he's still in that area. I hope that I'm proven wrong.

Respectfully BBM

I have an outlier theory that the car was sitting abandoned after going over, and the first individual finding it decided to take a look inside for cash and smashed the window with something handy, cutting themselves in the process.

Respectfully BBM

I have an outlier theory that the car was sitting abandoned after going over, and the first individual finding it decided to take a look inside for cash and smashed the window with something handy, cutting themselves in the process.

The problem with that theory is that I remember it being reported that the window was broken from the inside of the car.

Respectfully BBM

I think there was only 30 or 40 minutes between the time Bryce (or whoever was driving the car) was spotted on tape and the time when the car was found (IIRC the car was seen on tape at 4:40 am and then was actually found at something like 5:10 or 5:15 a.m.). So that is only a small window of opportunity for someone to have come along and do that (in addition, not many people out and about at that time).

I have to doublecheck those times though as I've been wondering about the exact times and didn't go back yet and check earlier posts for the times.

Maybe he's got everyone fooled and is with friends on a warm beach in Mexico sipping a margarita :)

As I recall someone posted weeks ago there was a Bryce sighting in San Diego. Ensenada Mexico is only 1hr 30min away. Lots of college kids there during breaks.
If he's in San Diego, he can survive comfortably all year round, IMO. No need to go to Mexico. And would he even have a passport with him? Now there's something his family should look for, if he has one. If it is missing, it would make you wonder.

Okay, this timeline says that the crash happened between 4:20 a.m. & 5:15 a.m. -

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

Still a pretty small opportunity for someone to come along and break the window but it's possible. If it was someone coming in a car, I would think they would have been caught on tape just like Bryce's car was. There were those fishermen that came in not long after Bryce, but all I've heard about them was that they were cleared.

I wish dragracerz would stop by to update us. I'm sure he's super busy though.

In Mom's timeline in the below article she states he went to two classes on Monday and doesn't indicate he went to any other classes beyond that day. I assume he was taking more than just two classes on one day a week. If he was, he stopped going to his classes after that Monday as he didn't go missing until Friday morning.

http://www.signalscv.com/m/section/36/article/104116/
He started his trip on Wednesday, so he would have missed two days of classes, IF he had classes every day. Sometimes, you only have MWF classes, or a combination (like MW or MF) plus evening classes. I remember my first year, I could ONLY get evening classes, each one three hours, one day a week. Other years I only went on MWF or TTH.

My point is that if he only had classes on Mondays and Wednesdays, he would have only missed one day. That's not really stopping going to classes, since he originally said he'd be back on Labor day. That's skipping a day (or two), pretty common for most college students.

The problem with that theory is that I remember it being reported that the window was broken from the inside of the car.

Glass inside the car - Broken from the outside
Glass outside the car - Broken from the inside

Where was the glass?

Okay, this timeline says that the crash happened between 4:20 a.m. & 5:15 a.m. -

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

Still a pretty small opportunity for someone to come along and break the window but it's possible. If it was someone coming in a car, I would think they would have been caught on tape just like Bryce's car was. There were those fishermen that came in not long after Bryce, but all I've heard about them was that they were cleared.
What I have a hard time understanding is if the fishermen car was the only other vehicle in the area, and not far behind Bryce's Highlander, how did they not see anything? Not see him pull off the road, not hear the crash? All I can think is that they must have gone a different direction.

Glass inside the car - Broken from the outside
Glass outside the car - Broken from the inside

Where was the glass?

IIRC, I don't think we've been given a clear description of where all the glass was found or an opinion by LE as to whether or not they think the rear glass was broken from the inside, from the outside or in the crash.

I think this makes total sense. I always threaten to call the cops when my son in college doesn't return my calls in a few days because Im worried. He said if I ever do that he will never talk to me again. When I start getting clingy he gets mad and says it shows distrust and please just let him be a man and not a mommas boy so I back off.

We don't know everything that was said on those phone conversations. Bryce could have been really pis... at his parents. Maybe they think this as well but if it got out into the media people would stop looking for him. When this first happened parents were on the news and Dad speaking to Bryce says something like Just come home we've gotten through other stuff before. I can't remember his exact words but whatever it was made me believe at that time he was in hiding.

I believe LE came to this conclusion as well when they ended the search because of comments I read in articles.

I do not believe he is walking around with amnesia living in homeless shelters and campgrounds.

There were hundreds of Caylee Anthony sightings none panned out as she was deceased the whole time. There are always sightings in missing person cases. LE. Has to distinguish which ones they believe are credible.

My DH and I don't believe the sighting in Oregon was Bryce. The tattoo would have been obvious it is BIG!!! Who else at the campground saw the guy?

We think yellow Camaro did a great job observing all the details of the road and surrounding area where the truck went over. He seemed to know what he was talking about and he believed it was pushed over.
If the tattoo is covered, you can't see it. I think a lot depends on if the description of the tank top undershirt was a shirt under another one or not. It is common to wear a flannel over another shirt.

The problem is that if he is alive and wandering, he could be anywhere at this point. There is a lot more kindness amongst strangers than a lot of people realize, especially if it looks like a relatively clean cut person who appears lost or temporarily down on his luck. I wouldn't rule anything out until it could be proven without a doubt that it was NOT Bryce if I were his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman