CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragracerz told us his name describes what he does.
This is very, very farfetched and not positive.
A human skull was found in Will County Illinois last week under a bridge near the Chicago Speedway
(the skull is possibly very old and hasn't been id'd).
http://www.chicagolandspeedway.com/?homepage=true

Last week, I missed the detail about the location the skull was found being near the Chicago Speedway.
Is there any chance BL may have tried to hitchhike or get a ride from a trucker or someone back to Illinois to attend the races?
There are many kinds of races and race organizations but if his uncle ever raced in Illinois, BL may have really missed attending his events.
That on top of missing his old friends in Illinois.
What if a bad guy picked him up?

Do we know if Bryce is into the racing too, or is it mostly his uncle? Sorry if this is repetitive for those who've been on his thread from the beginning, but I ask about the racing again because there is a large road course track in Buttonwillow. It's the only reason I can imagine staying there so many hours. I'm sure there are other reasons, it's just the only reason I ever would.

I understand this is probably beyond farfetched but it at least allows me to picture Bryce alive... the La Carrera Panamericana race (http://panamrace.com/) begins in Mexico in a few days. One of their main West Coast organizers is in Buttonwillow. This time of year they're often looking for young intelligent people for their race crews in Mexico. Like I said I know it's farfetched but I'm trying to think of anything.

ETA: It's been so long I realize this is probably very unlikely. I'm just trying to think of ANYTHING at this point.

There are 10 if you put in Castaic zip code 91384 and do a listing search then click on their names.

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think the majority of those were convicted of crimes against children under the age of 14 (I looked them up awhile ago and think only 3 of the 10 weren't.) I don't necessarily think that a sex offenser who is interested in pre-pubescent boys or girls would be interested in Bryce. The information on the other 3 doesn't indicate their gender preference. I think it's a long shot but if I have learned anything over the years it's that anything is possible (even if not very probable.) MOO

I think the majority of those were convicted of crimes against children under the age of 14 (I looked them up awhile ago and think only 3 of the 10 weren't.) I don't necessarily think that a sex offenser who is interested in pre-pubescent boys or girls would be interested in Bryce. The information on the other 3 doesn't indicate their gender preference. I think it's a long shot but if I have learned anything over the years it's that anything is possible (even if not very probable.) MOO

Yes, I think anything is possible here. Sad part is sometimes you don't find out till many years later when a hiker or jogger stumbles across some human bones that have been dug up from a wild animal far away or were just missed in a search. If he is snagged down below in the lake that is just so tragic because I don't think anyone is going to search the lake again. That just weighs heavily on my mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Me too. If I were homeless and had a choice that's where I'd go... JMO.

Exactly what a lot of homeless or soon to be homeless people think...head to San Diego! We do have a large homeless population here in part because of the local and secondly because we are a military town the has programs for homeless veterans.

A few years back a news station followed & reported on a homeless panhandler during the holidays. This guy made $30K in two months by standing at the light exiting one of the malls. CRAZY!!!

I have never once heard of a Rainbow Gathering until now. Still not clear on exactly what it means, I'll be looking that up. I've been on many cases here at WS and have never heard of this term before. JMO

From an article about this weekend's search:

“We appreciate that KlassKids came to do this event, to kind of not leave any rock unturned in the area. We don't know what we do after this. After this weekend there is no next organized search,” Karen Laspisa said.

So, this weekend may be the last organized search effort. Please let today be the day this family gets some answers!

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teen-bryce-laspisa-sought-castaic-search-38475

From an article about this weekend's search:

So, this weekend may be the last organized search effort. Please let today be the day this family gets some answers!

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teen-bryce-laspisa-sought-castaic-search-38475
I truly wish the family would have the lake searched again - even if it means funding the search themselves. IMO BL is either in that lake snagged at the bottom or missing on his own. These are the only 2 scenarios that make sense in my mind. I threw out the amnesia theory a long time ago.

Dear Lord, please be with the searchers, the family and Bryce today. Please lead them to answers of what has happened to Bryce.

I have two grown children and as a mother, I can't even imagine not knowing where they were or if they were ok. My heart goes out to Karen Laspisa. She is living a mother's nightmare. Even when your children become adults, you don't stop caring about them or worrying about them. I hope Bryce's parents get some well deserved answers as to what happened to their child. JMO

I have never once heard of a Rainbow Gathering until now. Still not clear on exactly what it means, I'll be looking that up. I've been on many cases here at WS and have never heard of this term before. JMO

I didn't know what they were either until I read about Lane Leo Noakes, a 16 year old missing boy from Montana. He was allegedly sighted at a Rainbow Gathering. Here's he thread:
MT MT - Lane Leo Noakes, 16, Belgrade, 4-July-2013 - not reported til 7/16 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Really? I'd never heard of them before or, if I did, didn't pay much attention.
The gatherings are real though and if you're someone who is hanging around with nowhere else to go, there's a chance you may be invited to one. That's the only reason I mentioned the gatherings as told to me by my bil.
I just thought it was so strange that he brought that specific subject up because I wasn't asking him about anything regarding his life back then, until he referred to when he felt and lived as a homeless person. When we're trying to reconcile past issues, sometimes they're brought up out of the blue. The timing just seemed strange to me as I've had BL on my mind and know he has to be somewhere and that could be anywhere.
Rainbow Gathering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

>>>snip

Rainbow Gatherings are temporary intentional communities,[1] held in outdoor settings, and espousing and practicing ideals of peace, love, harmony, freedom and community, as a consciously expressed alternative to mainstream popular culture, consumerism, capitalism and mass media...
...The Rainbow Family has governed Gatherings of up to 30,000 people. Regional Rainbow gatherings can attract as many as 5,000.[14] The U.S. national gathering centers around July 1-7th, but people come up to a month earlier to help set up (this is known as "Seed Camp") and remain on site up to a month later to participate in cleanup and to perform ecosystem restorations...[15]

<<<snip

"The Rainbow" was held this year in Montana's Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaverhead-Deerlodge_National_Forest

Another interesting possibility is Burning Man, which happens yearly in the desert outside Gerlach, Arizona:

http://www.burningman.com/whatisburningman/about_burningman/faq_what_is.html#Tickets

...Burning Man is always held the week prior to and including Labor Day weekend. In 2013 the dates are Monday, August 26th to Monday, September 2nd...
and
http://www.burningman.com/news/

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and Black Rock City, LLC (BRC) have stated that the 2013 Burning Man event peak population was 69,613...

Note Burning Man's date and larger attendance.

IMO, a trip to Burning Man would make more sense to a young college student than a trip to the Rainbow would. Burning man is cool. The Rainbow is a more woo-woo kind of groovy.

It is a nice thought, but I doubt Bryce went to either of these. (Burning Man requires you to bring everything you need to survive for a week in the desert, including water, and cost $190.00 this year).

Per Find Bryce FB page there was another possible sighting, this time on Massachusettes Ave. in San Bernardino, CA on Friday. Police have been notified. They need people to look in that area at soup kitchens, shelters, etc.

Meanwhile, in the searches in the greater Castaic area, the last group is going out at 1pm so that they are back by 5pm.

Praying for positive results and some good news tonight!

Per Find Bryce FB page there was another possible sighting, this time on Massachusettes Ave. in San Bernardino, CA on Friday. Police have been notified. They need people to look in that area at soup kitchens, shelters, etc.

Meanwhile, in the searches in the greater Castaic area, the last group is going out at 1pm so that they are back by 5pm.

Praying for positive results and some good news tonight!

Gosh, San Bernardino! That's getting closer to Bob's case. Maybe search efforts could be combined? Bob's son in law is a search volunteer in SB, though for some reason he hasn't been able to search for Bob in four years. He has helped with the search for missing German hiker Alois Krost though. So maybe he would help with Bryce.

Regardless of that, there are some superb, big hearted volunteers out searching for Alois in San Bernardino at the moment. I'm sure they would keep an eye open for Bryce too, if asked. There are some contact details in this article:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...s-needed-missing-man-20131011,0,7255882.story

I hope nobody gets too upset at sightings that do not pan out. I think there a very few false sightings - people just want to help, and sometimes make mistakes. Far better to have mistaken tips than no tips or interest at all, in my opinion.

Gosh, San Bernardino! That's getting closer to Bob's case. Maybe search efforts could be combined? Bob's son in law is a search volunteer in SB, though for some reason he hasn't been able to search for Bob in four years. He has helped with the search for missing German hiker Alois Krost though. So maybe he would help with Bryce.

Regardless of that, there are some superb, big hearted volunteers out searching for Alois in San Bernardino at the moment. I'm sure they would keep an eye open for Bryce too, if asked. There are some contact details in this article:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...s-needed-missing-man-20131011,0,7255882.story

I hope nobody gets too upset at sightings that do not pan out. I think there a very few false sightings - people just want to help, and sometimes make mistakes. Far better to have mistaken tips than no tips or interest at all, in my opinion.

I agree. Tips give people hope and all it takes is ONE correct tip to lead to a missing loved one. If my loved one went missing I would gladly take 10,000 tips even if it meant 9,999 were false sightings that didn't pan out.

I didn't know that Bob's SIL is an experienced back country hiker. Interesting. Do you know if there still current searches of the Lake Arrowhead area being conducted for the missing German man?

oh again, I was so hoping to log in today and there have been something found by the weekend searching. Still praying for you Bryce along with your family.

I think it's mentioned because there was a weird misconception in the Linnea Lomax case that blondes were "rare" in Northern CA/Sacramento area, which is far from true. I don't know who added the redhead tag or why, but it'd be my guess that someone was trying to pre-empt a "no redheads live in California" thing. I agree that in general redheads are much rarer than other hair colors. I don't know the Laguna Niguel or Castaic areas but I'd venture a guess redheads are fairly rare in Buttonwillow... maybe not so much in Roseville/Rocklin/Sacramento area. Maybe not common, but not super rare. I have no idea how common it is where he came from... another factor to consider.
I completely agree and the myth that they are rare is what leads to more false sightings in my opinion, because when someone does spot a redhead- they think, well redheads are rare, so it must be him!!

interesting to me. if said people KNOW Bryce, why are they not on WS but can comment on hews articles...?

well in FL they are few and far between. I haven't seen an adult male red head between Sarasota. Tampa. Lakeland in a long time. and I'm talking shockingly/red, red , red. Bryce has VERY VERY distintive hair along with pale skin.
Not for California, he doesn't, Southern or Northern- that's what matters, not how common it was in Illinois. He could blend in anywhere here and not be noticed, or he may have dyed his hair. I have several redheads in my own family, and we're not of Irish descent, but many redheads are. Spreading the rumor that redheads are rare is a bad misconception, as was done with blondes in Sacramento in the Linnea Lomax case, and only leads to more false sightings and possible harassment of innocent people!
As far as knowing Bryce, we had another poster here who was the mother of another kid in Bryce's social circle who alluded to drug use being a factor in this case, but didn't want to get verified, so she left.

When I first saw Bryce's case on WS, immediately after his disappearance, I would never have imagined we would still be here six weeks later hoping for clues to his whereabouts.

How frustrating and sad, especially for his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman