CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bryce was under a lot of stress and just checked out, went off the grid, changed his life because the one he was living wasn't working for him.

I do not believe he's in the lake, I do not think he's anywhere near Castaic or Buttonwillow now. I think the scent that lead out of the area was leading to his ride out of there. All that unaccounted for time in Buttonwillow and Castaic could have been "wait time." Waiting for a friend of his to get there. Maybe he didn't intend to crash the vehicle, just hide it there and he accidently sent it over the cliff. So he just left it there and proceeded with the plan that was already in the works.
Snipped by me.

Bingo. This scenario fits to me.

We stayed overnight so I was able to question people both during the day and at night.*No businesses were claiming to see Bryce ever (sadly think too much time has passed) however a few homeless people are pretty sure they did see him.*None of them knew a particular date or whether or not it was before or after labor day. However 2 of these individuals are sure they saw him on multiple occasions. Stated that he was wearing a undershirt without sleeves (whitebeater?) And shorts and get this with red sneakers! *I asked about the tattoo but did not tell them about his shoes so it seems promising that it was in fact him. By the way the two people were both no where near each other when I spoke to them.

One of them claims they saw him sitting on a parking brick and was speaking with another man who he appeared friendly with. I asked if the person appeared to be a service worker or tow truck personnel and they said it no, that it was someone around Bryce's age with also a fair complexion but with darker short hair.

I know this doesn't help us much but I think BW needs to be looked into much further. *I didn't have time to do residential or the speedway. *I tried the speedway Sunday morning but no one was there yet. *If he had been to BW multiple times even if it was before the sighting it could be that he knew someone there. I think finding the who is pretty important. *

Christian was not available either day and the family was very hostile toward any questions so I let that go. Unfortunately I feel like any info he could have given was tarnished by the girls interrogating him as being guilty of foul play. I wish I could have heard his story!

Also, the GPS landed me near a hotel like maybe 100 feet away so take what you will from that!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Happy Birthday Amanda and thank you to you and the hubby for making the trek! :yourock:

I'm a little confused about your post. Are you saying Christian's family was hostile towards any questions? What "girls" are you referring to that interrogated him?

What GPS are you referring to? Are you referring to GPS coordinates from the police report?

Again, thank you for making the trek and doing what you did. Perhaps you and I can go to BW next week if you are available weekdays.

We stayed overnight so I was able to question people both during the day and at night.*No businesses were claiming to see Bryce ever (sadly think too much time has passed) however a few homeless people are pretty sure they did see him.*None of them knew a particular date or whether or not it was before or after labor day. However 2 of these individuals are sure they saw him on multiple occasions. Stated that he was wearing a undershirt without sleeves (whitebeater?) And shorts and get this with red sneakers! *I asked about the tattoo but did not tell them about his shoes so it seems promising that it was in fact him. By the way the two people were both no where near each other when I spoke to them.

One of them claims they saw him sitting on a parking brick and was speaking with another man who he appeared friendly with. I asked if the person appeared to be a service worker or tow truck personnel and they said it no, that it was someone around Bryce's age with also a fair complexion but with darker short hair.

I know this doesn't help us much but I think BW needs to be looked into much further. *I didn't have time to do residential or the speedway. *I tried the speedway Sunday morning but no one was there yet. *If he had been to BW multiple times even if it was before the sighting it could be that he knew someone there. I think finding the who is pretty important. *

Christian was not available either day and the family was very hostile toward any questions so I let that go. Unfortunately I feel like any info he could have given was tarnished by the girls interrogating him as being guilty of foul play. I wish I could have heard his story!

Also, the GPS landed me near a hotel like maybe 100 feet away so take what you will from that!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you Amanda and a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!

This is a lot more information than we had before and very grateful to you for making the trip. Too bad you could not speak to Christian and as for the "girls" you mention...is this related to Dragracerz's previous comments about the last search there? If so he made it clear he did not want to elaborate about it.

Thanks again!!!!:seeya:

IMO his frame of mind seems to have been such that simply continuing on with a previously made plan just does not ring true for me. From what we have heard, nothing "normal" was going on in the 48 hours prior and I find it hard to believe he was in a state to have carried out, so flawlessly evidently, a plan to "disappear".

Thank you so much, Amanda.

Sounds to me that perhaps someone went to Buttonwillow to post flyers or search and interrogated Christian in the process?

Is there any information that suggests Christian and Bryce spent time together when he was in Buttonwillow, beyond the delivery of gas and the second quick check on Bryce's physical appearance?

IMO his frame of mind seems to have been such that simply continuing on with a previously made plan just does not ring true for me. From what we have heard, nothing "normal" was going on in the 48 hours prior and I find it hard to believe he was in a state to have carried out, so flawlessly evidently, a plan to "disappear".

I have to agree with you. I really want to believe that he is alive and (at least relatively) well, but from what I have read so far, his behaviour was very out of character to the point where I am not even sure he knew what he wanted to do or how.
(Sort of - because to me, sadly, suicide sounds plausible )

I have to agree with you. I really want to believe that he is alive and (at least relatively) well, but from what I have read so far, his behaviour was very out of character to the point where I am not even sure he knew what he wanted to do or how.
(Sort of - because to me, sadly, suicide sounds plausible )

I sadly agree as well.

Wasnt some of his personal items found in the truck too?
If his personal items were in the truck, it doesn't seem to me that he would have left them in the vehicle if he was going to meet up with someone.
Even if he wanted to walk away from the area, surely he would have gathered those items at some point.

IMO, it is more like he didnt care about them anymore and so he purposely left them there.

Also, a small amount of blood of his was determined to be in the vehicle. That could have been from the wreck injury, but it definitely places him in the truck at either the wreck time OR right before it if someone harmed him.

Unfortunately, IMO, it just doesnt sound to me like a very good outcome. I hope I am wrong.

Thanks for replying. I think we need to be careful with how we interpret what little information we receive. I never saw in the link where he continued past the point across the dam where he stopped. Rather, there was even another search that seemed to think he left the area, so IMO, those 3rd "hits" could have started from some other point? Here is the link someone shared below. If we read it carefully, it seems there are 3 separate searches.
1-The SAR dogs have him going from car directly to water edge.
2-The bloodhounds have him going along water edge across dam and stopping. (Tuesday search)
3-Another separate search has him starting from somewhere ? and possibly leaving the lake area. Maybe it was starting right where the other one ended, but not certain ?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6

IMO, dog searches are a tool and it is not perfect science, so I would use all 3 spots as its possible what happened. Which is why I keep the Dam area where he stopped and the car area as 2 spots I would continue to keep on my list of search areas. At least till we find him.

It would be nice if we had a formal summary report of the results of the dog searching. Like a really detailed report explaining exactly how the searches were performed and exactly what the dogs indicated during each dog search.

I agree that we need to be very careful. I'm going off Dragracerz info as I think he would know best. He said there were three dog searches but one turned up nothing (cadaver) and the other was ruled out:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6

One was to the lake, which could have been any human, due to the dogs used, so that was ruled out. The other was from the car to the dam ( I said along the lake edge, but that's wrong), and then out of the park. His later map showed the area outside the park was suburban, and very close to the five: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6

It would be interesting to know if the first dog traced the scent through the brush down to the lake or down the road to the lake. I would be more apt to throw the first dog's results out if the other's tracked his scent down to the water through the brush and the first traced it down the road to the water's edge. If it was traced down through the brush how many people in that area would be walking through the brush in that area? It was determined that Bryce's scent was tracked by the bloodhounds through the brush, correct?

I agree that we need to be very careful. I'm going off Dragracerz info as I think he would know best. He said there were three dog searches but one turned up nothing (cadaver) and the other was ruled out:

One was to the lake, which could have been any human, due to the dogs used, so that was ruled out. The other was from the car to the dam ( I said along the lake edge, but that's wrong), and then out of the park. His later map showed the area outside the park was suburban, and very close to the five: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6

Thank you so much. The map in that 2nd link does show the whole track going from the car area, then across the dam, and then out of the area. So long as that is an accurate picture of what the dogs actually did, then I do agree now that it would indicate that the scent trail did show him possibly leaving the area.

Im just not sure if the actual searchers created that map OR if it was created by someone just based on those previous links I had listed. Because I could see where someone could easily assume Search #3 just started at the dam "stopping", and then continued from there, when in actually, it may not have.
Kind of thinking along the lines of his scent may have been all around the truck travel routes because he went back + forth so many times. So, it may have seemed like 1 long trail, when really he may have truly stopped across the dam and it ended there.

It would be so helpful if we had access to a detailed summary report of the dog search findings, if one even exists from the actual searchers. But I can see now why people would tend to think he left the area with that map. I like that map and just hope it accurately portrays what the dogs did.

It would be interesting to know if the first dog traced the scent through the brush down to the lake or down the road to the lake. I would be more apt to throw the first dog's results out if the other's tracked his scent down to the water through the brush and the first traced it down the road to the water's edge. If it was traced down through the brush how many people in that area would be walking through the brush in that area? It was determined that Bryce's scent was tracked by the bloodhounds through the brush, correct?

Good questions.
Here is another sad thought. What if there were 2 people in the truck (Bryce + someone else), and the other person did harm to Bryce right at the wreck site and put him in the lake. Then that person was the one who left the area and had on an article of clothing of Bryce, like a hat or jacket or something. That may be why he went through brush to avoid being seen by others as he left the area.

Sorry to have these bad thoughts, but just want to bring up all possible scenerios I can think of.

I agree with your line of thinking that it is very important to know what path was taken by the first SAR dog down to the waters edge. The map shows pretty much a direct path (through brush) to get to the water and to eventually get to the dam.

I am real curious to know that first SAR dogs path. It would make sense to go directly through the brush to the water if he was injured in the wreck. It would really help to know the SAR dog path to be able to rule it out or keep it as a possibility.

Good questions.
Here is another sad thought. What if there were 2 people in the truck (Bryce + someone else), and the other person did harm to Bryce right at the wreck site and put him in the lake. Then that person was the one who left the area and had on an article of clothing of Bryce, like a hat or jacket or something. That may be why he went through brush to avoid being seen by others as he left the area.

Sorry to have these bad thoughts, but just want to bring up all possible scenerios I can think of.
The problem I see with that is how would a person have gotten him far enough out into the lake that he wouldn't have been found in the searches of the lake?

Maybe it wasn't a plan to disappear per se, but just a plan to make a big change in his life. He had told his mom that he had something to talk to her about. Then when the accident occured, maybe he just decided to go full steam ahead with his plans and just break all ties with no explanation to anyone about it.

I mean, imagine he had decided to quit school (right after it started no less) and go work somewhere or do something else. That would be a hard enough conversation to have with your folks. You know they might be disappointed in you or be furious with you or even try to dissuade you from what you want to do. Then imagine trying to have that conversation with them after you've wrecked their SUV also. You might just say forget about it, I'm going to do what I wanted to do and no one's going to stop me.

There are many timeframes (also Buttonwillow) that no one can account for and a million of theories we can only guess at right now. BL's trip into the unknown appears to have started way before he left NoCal and I truly believe he confided in someone what his plan was at the time. The 2 hour window at Castaic could have been just a wait period for whoever he was waiting on? IMO the accident was just that...an accident.

This is MOO and I give my utmost respect to the family and VI here and of course those of you who are working closer to the events and family. :moo:

I truly want the same outcome as you...BRING BL HOME SAFE!

Thinking about the perfect picture of the family taken only days before Bryce disappeared.
It doesn't look like an impromptu pic that one would take at home theirself. Whose idea was it to take the picture? (Probably moms so may not fit to indicate B's mindset.)
Still, wonder if there's any significance to that detail when put with the others; break up with girlfriend,
disinterest in attending classes as the new semester got underway combined with the recent family portrait.

Just thinking but do these points indicate too many coincidences for somebody who didn't know he'd be going away soon? To ask it another way, had he been contemplating leaving his life behind?

The problem I see with that is how would a person have gotten him far enough out into the lake that he wouldn't have been found in the searches of the lake?

Good point. There could be 2 ways possibly.
1-He could have floated out for a ways before he eventually sunk.
2-The slope bottom could be very steep.

When I have time, I am going to try to cross-reference the Topo map to the spot in the lake near where his car was to see if I can determine if the slope was steep in that area.

For any locals in that area, if you plan on going to that spot anytime soon, if you bring a fishing pole with a heavy sinker and cast out, you can determine how steep a slope is from the bank by watching your line sink before the sinker hits bottom. Its kind of a quick and dirty way to check the slope of the lake bottom.

Maybe it wasn't a plan to disappear per se, but just a plan to make a big change in his life. He had told his mom that he had something to talk to her about. Then when the accident occured, maybe he just decided to go full steam ahead with his plans and just break all ties with no explanation to anyone about it.

I mean, imagine he had decided to quit school (right after it started no less) and go work somewhere or do something else. That would be a hard enough conversation to have with your folks. You know they might be disappointed in you or be furious with you or even try to dissuade you from what you want to do. Then imagine trying to have that conversation with them after you've wrecked their SUV also. You might just say forget about it, I'm going to do what I wanted to do and no one's going to stop me.

Maybe. But why leave his stuff? I mean, he is an adult, he can do what he wants, but it is not as though he had a ton of cash, apparently, to buy all new gear and carry on elsewhere. This age group love their stuff, IMO.

I agree, it sounds like he wanted to make an immediate change to his life. So, if only someone could figure out why it was taking him so long to travel home. Keeping in mind his mom expected him the day before and had even put out a missing person call to LE. * Here's were the foul play theories get support imo.

* What happened in this space of time to keep Bryce from driving directly home to have the important talk with his mom?
Had he ever given lip service to his mom before? (Doesn't sound like it per comments made by dad.)
Lip service is talk teenagers do to get you off their backs in the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3