CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if this advice came from any experienced missing persons organization, only because it seems very odd to me. It is so difficult to get attention and interest, especially for a male over eighteen as it is. JMO

Hmmm I wonder if there has been a tip or message to the family possibly even from Bryce that he is Ok and they are just trying to locate him. Keeping this out of the media and public eye in order to lure him out.

That would be great news!!! Wishful thinking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just popping in to say that I think about Bryce often. I haven't posted but am reading which means a lot more people are here not commenting. I pray he surfaces soon.

A good friend of mine lost her dog today and just now I was scrolling through the Lost and Found ads on craigslist hoping to see her little dog and saw a great picture with info for Bryce! I'm so happy that people in the community are actively searching and still posting, praying and hoping. It warmed my heart :)

Wow! Thanks for telling us about that! Makes me feel good.

BBM - That's how I interpreted their new actions as well but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless they have some proof that BL is alive and just out there somewhere. But, I don't have all the facts of the case.

If they don't have some proof that he is alive (and not just the absence of a body) then I continue to believe that searches should continue and media coverage should actively be pursued. JMO

I'm sorry but I don't understand. Why do they need proof he is alive to try a tactic that will only work if he is alive? I mean, they appearing to work every angle. Isn't that what they're supposed to do?

I am wondering if this advice came from any experienced missing persons organization, only because it seems very odd to me. It is so difficult to get attention and interest, especially for a male over eighteen as it is. JMO

They don't seem to be doing anything to dampen interest. They are just toning down the intensity of their presentation a tiny bit, right now. Seems okay to me. They still have all the important information about the case readily available to the public. I don;t see where they have decided not to discuss the case anymore or disperse relevant information.

Perhaps some are inferring way too much from one statement or a couple of differences in presentation. I see the same conversations and responses to posts and questions, from the family.

I do wish for the best possible outcome...we all do. I guess I would want to try for more media all the time, just get him found, anything else can be "fixed" later, once he is found (if he is alive.) Wishing they could find a "hook" to gain national attention, a big story, but I know that is extremely difficult. LE could probably do it, if they were so inclined. JMO

I do wish for the best possible outcome...we all do. I guess I would want to try for more media all the time, just get him found, anything else can be "fixed" later, once he is found (if he is alive.) Wishing they could find a "hook" to gain national attention, a big story, but I know that is extremely difficult. LE could probably do it, if they were so inclined. JMO

I think national media attention is next to impossible, not just because Bryce is an adult male, but also because he has been missing for two months. Most of the media wants to report on stories that are very current. I also think the "damsel in distress" is very big when it comes to media attention of cases, and Bryce's case doesn't have that element.

I think national media attention is next to impossible, not just because Bryce is an adult male, but also because he has been missing for two months. Most of the media wants to report on stories that are very current. I also think the "damsel in distress" is very big when it comes to media attention of cases, and Bryce's case doesn't have that element.

I agree, there would have to be a very specific "selling point" so to speak, to gain big media for a missing male adult, i.e a celebrity connection, a hint of a linked scandal, something. In Bryce's case, he could have simply walked away, not wanting to deal with the aftermath of the crash, wanting to drop out of school, etc. and those things are not going to cut it, as far as national interest.

I feel like I was invited to a party but missed the memo that it was formal attire and showed up in blue jeans and tennis shoes. What ARE we talking about? How is people's opinions not being allowed or respected???

What is going on now with the search for Bryce that's got everyone in a dither? I read and reread posts here, but danged if I can figure out what's got everyone all trite. Bread crumbs please???

I feel like I was invited to a party but missed the memo that it was formal attire and showed up in blue jeans and tennis shoes. What ARE we talking about? How is people's opinions not being allowed or respected???

What is going on now with the search for Bryce that's got everyone in a dither? I read and reread posts here, but danged if I can figure out what's got everyone all trite. Bread crumbs please???

From what I've gathered, they (loved ones) are doing what they can to reduce any pressure that might lead Bryce to be apprehensive about coming home, if he's out there and feeling anxious about it for any reason. I can't say much more without getting into FB land.

Gitana1 made an excellent post upthread a little ways that in a way addressed the point, but from the other side, with a very compassionate message to Bryce.

JMO I think its possible this young man does not want to be found!
I also have a feeling that someone knows what was going on with Bryce but has not shared that info! Maybe feeling its best for Bryce to tell the info himself!

It is possible that all the attention put on him since he decided to do some things in his life has ended up not the way he planned and is hesitant to come home or to even call.

Is it possible he fears his parents wont be able to handle whatever it is he was going to tell them. When ppl have troubles or have decisions to make they cant handle they often turn to alcohol or drugs. Sometimes they just walk away!

I really hope this young man is out there searching his soul and had found a friend to listen to him and persuade him to call home or call someone! What could be so bad?

If hes not out there alive and well I hope he is found so his parents can know and put him to rest!

Prayers for Bryce!

BBM - That's how I interpreted their new actions as well but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless they have some proof that BL is alive and just out there somewhere. But, I don't have all the facts of the case.

If they don't have some proof that he is alive (and not just the absence of a body) then I continue to believe that searches should continue and media coverage should actively be pursued. JMO

I'm sorry but I don't understand. Why do they need proof he is alive to try a tactic that will only work if he is alive? I mean, they appearing to work every angle. Isn't that what they're supposed to do?

I was under the impression the L family believes BL has some sort of head injury from the car crash. Doesn't that suggest searches should continue and media contact should be pursued? Perhaps the L family has new information they are not providing to the public which supports their decision to lay low???

O/T: Are others experiencing extremely slow WS page reloads or have Mods just zapped my computer? :giggle: TIA

Mine seems to be fine. I think you've been zapped. :eek:

O/T: Are others experiencing extremely slow WS page reloads or have Mods just zapped my computer? :giggle: TIA

I was under the impression the L family believes BL has some sort of head injury from the car crash. Doesn't that suggest searches should continue and media contact should be pursued? Perhaps the L family has new information they are not providing to the public which supports their decision to lay low???

Who said searches weren't going to continue? And I missed the memo that showed that the family said Bryce had a head injury and that's why he is missing. They appear to have used the word "may" a lot and also appear to be trying every angle and to have accepted various possibilities.

No complex conspiracy here. No secret info, IMO. Just desperate loved ones trying everything they can to bring their boy home.

I have been "zapped" too - both on home and work computer. At first I thought it must have been my wifi at home.. .but work too now. sigh....

From what I've gathered, they (loved ones) are doing what they can to reduce any pressure that might lead Bryce to be apprehensive about coming home, if he's out there and feeling anxious about it for any reason. I can't say much more without getting into FB land.

Gitana1 made an excellent post upthread a little ways that in a way addressed the point, but from the other side, with a very compassionate message to Bryce.

Thanks for catching me up to speed, I went home and changed into my ball gown. :floorlaugh:

kslyfoxy said here that she thought he was too embarrassed to come home with all the media coverage there has been in the case. She said she felt that maybe he would call or come back if things died down in the media. So that must be what they are trying to do now.

And I agree the family could still be doing a lot of things quietly now and behind the scenes, like checking all the hospitals and such. That's a big task.

Thanks for catching me up to speed, I went home and changed into my ball gown. :floorlaugh:

kslyfoxy said here that she thought he was too embarrassed to come home with all the media coverage there has been in the case. She said she felt that maybe he would call or come back if things died down in the media. So that must be what they are trying to do now.

And I agree the family could still be doing a lot of things quietly now and behind the scenes, like checking all the hospitals and such. That's a big task.

You're welcome, glad it helped. Exactly, I think they're trying something else to see if it helps Bryce feel more comfortable coming home if he is out there and somehow doesn't feel it's ok to come home right now for whatever reason. There's certainly still a lot they can do that hopefully won't feel like pressure on him.

Oh, thank you nickb!! I was just about to go check if there was any news before I went to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllDee