CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have known since 11-20-2013 that there has been a PI on this case, see post #652, page 27 of this thread. Chances are that she was on the case for quite sometime before that.
If this is some kind of a publicity stunt to get her name out there I would think she would have made herself known long before this.
I would think that she knows a lot more than anyone on here, probably got more out of his friends that has ever been made public. Just because we don't know about it doesn't mean it is not so.
The parents seem to have confidence in her so I sure as heck am not going to say anything negative about her until I see something to be negative about.

I still believe Bryce is deceased. When I discuss Bryce with my 23 year old younger son junior in college he reminds me of our own experiences because I can be quite overprotective. Sometimes my son needs his space and wants to be left alone he tells me and I back off. His friends tell me that he will call me soon so I immediately BACK OFF and know he's ok. Not press further to push him further away. I respect and honor his wishes till he comes forward. He always does once I stop calling and texting him 24/7 This is why I'm not buying this story with Bryce. Why are his parents trying so hard to know if he is Ok? Because they have no idea nor no signal. I believe because he is not alive to tell them. Why not just send a note or message "hey mom and dad I'm ok" I just need a break to get my head together. I love you and will contact you soon. Then mom and Dad would back off right? They would know he's ok. This is why I am not buying this. He would have come forward by now privately to a family member so this media attention would stop. No 19yr wants this media crap if they are alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok WS glad I got all that off my chest. I think with all the merlot and no sleep last night and today all this has been building inside me. I respect everyone's opinion. That is what WS is all about.

I still believe Bryce is deceased. When I discuss Bryce with my 23 year old younger son junior in college he reminds me of our own experiences because I can be quite overprotective. Sometimes my son needs his space and wants to be left alone he tells me and I back off. His friends tell me that he will call me soon so I immediately BACK OFF and know he's ok. Not press further to push him further away. I respect and honor his wishes till he comes forward. He always does once I stop calling and texting him 24/7 This is why I'm not buying this story with Bryce. Why are his parents trying so hard to know if he is Ok? Because they have no idea nor no signal. I believe because he is not alive to tell them. Why not just send a note or message "hey mom and dad I'm ok" I just need a break to get my head together. I love you and will contact you soon. Then mom and Dad would back off right? They would know he's ok. This is why I am not buying this. He would have come forward by now privately to a family member so this media attention would stop. No 19yr wants this media crap if they are alive.

If Bryce is dead then there should be no harm in a PI looking for him. It's not costing tax payers any money. LE isn't looking for him dead or alive.

What do you suggest should be done that hasn't already been done?

If Bryce is dead then there should be no harm in a PI looking for him. It's not costing tax payers any money. LE isn't looking for him dead or alive.

How about organized weekend searches like they are doing for Sierra Lamar? Every weekend till present since she went missing from Morgan Hill, CA 3/2012

http://findsierralamar.com/

Many searches done for Linnea Lomax.

Bryce went missing August 30 2013 last search was done in September. Not enough searches IMO

As far as I read the PI on Bryce's case only posted a phone number for tips. If she has been the PI on the case for some time why is it only coming out now? What has she uncovered?

Thank you!!

How about organized weekend searches like they are doing for Sierra Lamar? Every weekend till present since she went missing from Morgan Hill, CA 3/2012

http://findsierralamar.com/

Many searches done for Linnea Lomax.

Bryce went missing August 30 2013 last search was done in September. Not enough searches IMO

As far as I read the PI on Bryce's case only posted a phone number for tips. If she has been the PI on the case for some time why is it only coming out now? What has she uncovered?

Thank you!!
There you go, some positive ideas.

I don't know that she's been on the case for some time. I have no idea what she's uncovered but we know she hasn't found Bryce yet. Maybe it's taken some time to get organized and get the phone number out there. Don't be so hard on her. Give her a chance.

How is she looking for him? List please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Where are the funds coming from?

How is she looking for him? List please?

In my opinion how the PI is looking for Bryce is really not any of my business. The Laspisa family seemingly chose this company to help in the search for their son. We should all respect that decision. Wasting time pondering the PI's intentions does nothing to help with bringing Bryce home. After all that is the main focus here, keeping Bryce's name and picture out there in hopes of one day him being reunited with his family.

BTW this is my first post. I have sat silently in the shadows sending up many prayers for many different missing person cases over the past couple of years. I admire the desire that so many of you have to help in cases such as this one. It is amazing! The world needs more people like all of you.

Here's to hoping Bryce is reunited with his family.

In my opinion how the PI is looking for Bryce is really not any of my business. The Laspisa family seemingly chose this company to help in the search for their son. We should all respect that decision. Wasting time pondering the PI's intentions does nothing to help with bringing Bryce home. After all that is the main focus here, keeping Bryce's name and picture out there in hopes of one day him being reunited with his family.

BTW this is my first post. I have sat silently in the shadows sending up many prayers for many different missing person cases over the past couple of years. I admire the desire that so many of you have to help in cases such as this one. It is amazing! The world needs more people like all of you.

:welcome: sgtgarzaswife - your input is greatly valued - :grouphug:

We don't know who works for her. I would imagine that she has retired LE on her payroll if she has made a successful career as a PI. As long as Bryce's family trusts her and we have been given absolutely no reason NOT to trust her, I am going to trust that she is doing what she states she is doing and she has reason to believe she is moving in the right direction. You obviously have faith in LE given your husband's career and your faith in LE as private investigators; remember that the LE assigned to Bryce's case came to the same conclusion that the PI did, that Bryce is willfully missing. I am certain that the PI has information that we do not have, just as I am certain Bryce's family and LE has information that we don't have. We have to trust that the people with additional information are drawing the proper conclusions from said information.

If Bryce had some sort of sudden onset mental illness he very well could be in hiding and surviving. I am following several cases in which women are desperately searching for their mentally ill husbands who have disappeared, probably into the homeless population in California or surrounding area. You would think that with thousands of local people aware and actively looking that these men would have been easily found however they have not. I have a very hard time grasping just how easy it is for people to just disappear if they don't want to be found.

I think there are several very real possibilities of what may have happened with Bryce and I honestly have a hard time settling on just one that makes the most sense to me or has the highest probability. Today I really want to put my faith in the PI and hope she has some solid leads and solid information. Tomorrow I might change my mind but for today I am holding onto that hope.

Oh....and WELCOME, sgtgarzaswife!!!!

How about a flyer offering a nice reward for information leading to Bryce? I bet all the college students that know anything would jump at that being most are struggling with tuition, etc.

Families and LE offered rewards in most missing cases I've read about such as the Mickey Schunick case. What a fighter that gal. What an angel. She is greatly missed.

Welcome!

Sorry I have not been around in this thread having been very involved in the Holly Grim case and search operation.

I am still sticking with the suggestion that there are areas that have not been searched. Since the dogs have him walking away from the crashed SUV and walking across the spillway for the dam, I would work in the direction of travel and check up to 20 yards off both sides of the roads in the direction of travel out of the park area. With regards to the rest of the open areas, I would still enlist the aid of the CAP for low level light aircraft grid searches for anything unusual looking with a ground team followup on targets of interest. If the CAP is unavailable, appealing to the AOPA for a pilot willing to help would be a second option.

If all of the ground and air searches come up empty, it would put a lot more weight on the walk away theory. How many times have we seen cases labeled as "walk away" only to have remains discovered months or years later in fairly close proximity to the PLS?

Until you rule out the possibility of him expiring due to injury or exposure, you are still searching on two fronts and splitting your resources.

In my opinion, draw a 30 mile circle around the PLS (crashed SUV). If he is not in that circle, he left the area on his own or with assistance.

Sorry I have not been around in this thread having been very involved in the Holly Grim case and search operation.

I am still sticking with the suggestion that there are areas that have not been searched. Since the dogs have him walking away from the crashed SUV and walking across the spillway for the dam, I would work in the direction of travel and check up to 20 yards off both sides of the roads in the direction of travel out of the park area. With regards to the rest of the open areas, I would still enlist the aid of the CAP for low level light aircraft grid searches for anything unusual looking with a ground team followup on targets of interest. If the CAP is unavailable, appealing to the AOPA for a pilot willing to help would be a second option.

If all of the ground and air searches come up empty, it would put a lot more weight on the walk away theory. How many times have we seen cases labeled as "walk away" only to have remains discovered months or years later in fairly close proximity to the PLS?

Until you rule out the possibility of him expiring due to injury or exposure, you are still searching on two fronts and splitting your resources.

In my opinion, draw a 30 mile circle around the PLS (crashed SUV). If he is not in that circle, he left the area on his own or with assistance.

Thank you. Wish you lived in the area. You really are great at your S&R skills.

Sadly, the last organized search for Bryce was Sept 30 which was three months ago.

The question that I have that never got answered was there any CASH in his wallet that he left? Why would a teen with no job leave cash if he was in flight? why would he risk leaving his laptop to be opened up by LE? Why didn't he take his cell? I doubt a 19 year old knows about pinging cell towers. If that's the case why bring it on his trip in the first place? I think he left in a panic was very confused and not thinking correctly. Don't forget he had been up three days straight from taking Aderrall (speed) bizarre abnormal behavior followed with keys being taken away according to Kslyfoxy and KL along with record breaking triple digit heat. All this combined could have taken him down.

He could have taken his ID/DL out of his wallet left and still fled the scene. Why leave the entire wallet? Did he leave behind the debit card his parents provided him? I believe he used it earlier to make a drink transaction at the 7 eleven or am/pm I can't remember which one.

If he was in flight according to PI he's an adult well, it's been four months why not just get in touch with his folks and say "I'm an adult and I'm not coming home now but Im ok so please let me live my own life" simple everyone is satisfied. Since he hasn't got in touch with his family. I believe something is amiss.

I've been lurking on this case since Bryce went missing. I have no idea why I chose this to be my first post, but hi. :seeya:

I'm in no way an expert in skip tracing or finding missing persons, but I do have some knowledge. If I had to guess what happened in the PI's search for Bryce that changed the direction of the case, I would say that he slipped up and used a form of his real name for something completely innocuous and it showed up in a skip-tracing database. If it was for something that could also be linked to his former college or hometown, it makes sense that the PI and LE would think his friends know something.

I've been lurking on this case since Bryce went missing. I have no idea why I chose this to be my first post, but hi. :seeya:

I'm in no way an expert in skip tracing or finding missing persons, but I do have some knowledge. If I had to guess what happened in the PI's search for Bryce that changed the direction of the case, I would say that he slipped up and used a form of his real name for something completely innocuous and it showed up in a skip-tracing database. If it was for something that could also be linked to his former college or hometown, it makes sense that the PI and LE would think his friends know something.

Thanks, good post. If this is true wouldn't now be a good time to offer a reward so people, his friends would start talking?

Thanks, good post. If this is true wouldn't now be a good time to offer a reward so people, his friends would start talking?

That would depend on what the family wants to do with regard to a reward. Since we are not privy to what is going on within the family at this time, I would guess that the idea has been brought up, but for whatever reason has not occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3