CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Bryce's parents just there the weekend before he disappeared to move him in?? So when he disappeared on that Wednesday/Thursday, he'd gone to two classes and in that time you think he and his roomie decided to move already? That's like 3 or 4 days of school. What could happen in those days that changed where he was going to live as he went to college?? Along with getting a new video game, breaking up with his girlfriend twice, taking Vyvanse? Wow. Sounds like he was a busy boy.

Wish I knew the date the roomie posted that on Twitter. I remember it being longer than the first week of Bryce's disappearance.

What was the DATE he tweeted that? Was that days after Bryce disappeared??

With Bryce being gone, there were bigger fish for him to fry then going directly back to college. He was missing. He could be injured, he missed several classes at the beginning of the year and would be behind. With Bryce missing everything else is an unknown. I'm sure had he reappeared within weeks, his parents would have wanted him home, not resuming life as usual right after getting back. I don't see them wanting to let him go anywhere to start with, just wanting to spend time with him.

I'd like to know the DAYS you are referring to. Because if I remember correctly it was weeks after Bryce disappeared that his roomie tweeted he was moving. Maybe 3 or 4?

BBM

Date posted - September 6th and 7th

No, Bryce's parents weren't up north a few days before he went missing. I believe they helped him move into his apartment close to 3 weeks prior to his disappearance.

For me and most people I knew, being away at college, living in a dorm, was like heaven. When did college become such a huge source of stress? Especially a two-year school? Where is all of this pressure coming from, parents? Or do they put it on themselves? I got good grades and went to all of my classes, but it is was the most fun time of my life. I wonder if kids are too protected/pampered/fussed over these days and going away becomes a huge shock to them. I mean, we graduated high school and either got a job or went to college. I know the job market is different, but other generations have gone through horrible economic times and yet it seems like young people are often less able to handle things now than ever, at least to me.

Just wondering when college stopped being exciting and fun and instead cause so many students to seem to go into tailspins. (Not saying Bryce went into a "tailspin", just in general and just my opinion.)

JMO
IMO (and I want to specify again IMO), it's the way school is taught today. Rather than trying to teach students, the emphasis is on being "organized" and jumping through whatever the particular teacher's hoops are for that particular class. I've seen some great college teachers, but far more who are stuck in some "do it my way, even if your way is better" mentality. And if you don't do it exactly THAT teacher's way, you get no credit or a lousy grade. It wasn't the norm when I was in college, but it sure has been what I have seen while auditing classes at various universities over the past 4 years.

I am not saying that is what happened here. Just mentioning why I (personally) see college may be not so exciting and fun, rather just another prison sentence with megalomaniacs.

I don't know if they decided to move I'm just asking a question. Just seems that he had a lot in his plate and that could be an added stresser. But not sure if you are being sarcastic about the video game thing and taking drugs and breaking up with his GF. I would assume buying a video game and taking drugs were not as busy as you portray them to be. School and breaking up with his GF seem to be stressers

No, I was not being sarcastic. I was listing all the things he had going on in those few days prior to him disappearing. All those things happened. He had a lot going on was what I was noting.

BBM

Date posted - September 6th and 7th

No, Bryce's parents weren't up north a few days before he went missing. I believe they helped him move into his apartment close to 3 weeks prior to his disappearance.

Thanks for the info. So he posted it a month before he moved out. So he must have given notice.

I thought his parents had been up there helping him move in right before the new semester started. I didn't think it was that far in advance.

Riverking, it is upper lake. There is one point, I guess you could call it, that I really want to know if it could be crossed, climbed over, waded around, anything...to get around to the next cove....having come to the shoreline, from Government Ramp Rd.

34.523050, -118.591737
over/around/to
34.523720, -118.591726

That one point is holding me back....really trying to see what the accessibility is using the shoreline over to Outhouse/Eagle's Nest cove areas.

It is important for me to know how accessible the shore line is/was , assuming someone was capable of walking along it. Know what I mean?? If you or someone you know, can help determine this, I would be SO very grateful.... I really need a locals perspective...thank you...if you can help

eta- this is assuming the water levels haven't drastically changed since Aug 30

Riverking, it is upper lake. There is one point, I guess you could call it, that I really want to know if it could be crossed, climbed over, waded around, anything...to get around to the next cove....having come to the shoreline, from Government Ramp Rd.

34.523050, -118.591737
over/around/to
34.523720, -118.591726

That one point is holding me back....really trying to see what the accessibility is using the shoreline over to Outhouse/Eagle's Nest cove areas.

It is important for me to know how accessible the shore line is/was , assuming someone was capable of walking along it. Know what I mean?? If you or someone you know, can help determine this, I would be SO very grateful.... I really need a locals perspective...thank you...if you can help

eta- this is assuming the water levels haven't drastically changed since Aug 30
I will see if I can locate tomorrow on a computer tomorrow. But just know the terrain in some areas at night would be difficult to navigate and trying to climb down to cross over to another cove can be very tough but it can be done. Also to try and walk the shoreline would be difficult as the shoreline changes from flat area to sloping area if you know what I mean. Also there is a lot of brush and trees down the side of the mountain. Also IIRC I think they brought the helicopter threw and did a heat signature scan as well. Which I should note they use Elizabeth canyon for maneuvering drills as well. So I'm pretty sure we are clear on the upper lake considering where the dogs tracked him out. I don't see why he would make the swim across the overflow and walk back up the trail up to the dam and walk across again. Also the water levels should be the same they don't usually change until later in winter.

Woe just so you know I was there at night and it was pitch dark at the site. No lights. Moon didn't help.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I wish Mr Fishel (I think he is the trainer) could be persuaded to take Rookie out on the Lake. He even bites the water when he is certain he has located what he's looking for, and indicates so clearly even bystanders can see. Looks like a wonderful hound. Within the article, you can see some research on these 'water scent' dogs' work.

By far the largest percentage of people located in water were found by dogs, up to 192 days after they had been lost. I cannot understand how they can do it but it seems they can.

http://www.fireengineering.com/arti...ng-search-and-rescue-dogs-for-dive-teams.html

Riverking, once you have a chance to plug those coordinates in , you should be able to see where I am talking about & maybe why I am wondering if able to move across that particular area. The shoreline interests me at that location, if it's somewhat passable there as opposed to taking a different 'higher' route to get around, so to speak. Yeah the terrain is iffy...
Dry Gulch and Elizabeth are a bit further out than my area of interest.
I know it was night, with not much moon, but twilight(dawn) was quickly approaching....and people do some interesting things sometimes.
Thanks if you can help clarify about that area...I realize a good bit of stock is being put in what that second set of canines supposedly did but....just call me a rebel:)

I agree with the idea that many millennial's (I am one) are faced with very high expectations, and a sense that even in your early 20's you should be at least as successful as your middle-aged parents. I never struggled in college, I enjoyed it and did well but I also had a lot of fun. However, once I graduated and hit the job market I was faced with a huge sense of failure when I did not immediately earn a high-paying job. This generation of college-graduates has a sense of entitlement, I think. Many millennials are raised to believe that going to college guarantees you an amazing, high-paying career (& that any amount of student loan is worth it because you will quickly be able to pay it off after landing a great job). As we know now, it is extremely difficult to find a job in today's economy and having an undergraduate degree really doesn't set you apart from anyone in most areas-- it is the standard. This leaves many millennials with a sense of failure, and drowning in tens (or hundreds) of thousands of dollars of student debt.

The above could cause very real mental stress on a young person, however in this case I don't feel that it really applies to Bryce. He was still in school, so I don't feel that he would have had any reason to feel that he had not lived up to any expectations thus far... it sounds like he was actually making good grades in school, so I don't see a reason for him to feel a sense of failure. I imagine (though I don't know) that Bryce would have had a good sense of hope for his future, he seemed to be on a good path.

All of the above is JMO!

Especially since he was in a two-year school, presumably to continue on to another school later, it seems his stress and worries would be some years away yet. That is why I am having a hard time seeing why he should feel so stressed or pressured (if he did) at this stage. It is not like he was in pre-med, working round the clock. So if stress and worry was a factor, it must have been due to something else, IMO, maybe a personal situation or perhaps a mental health issue, for example.

Especially since he was in a two-year school, presumably to continue on to another school later, it seems his stress and worries would be some years away yet. That is why I am having a hard time seeing why he should feel so stressed or pressured (if he did) at this stage. It is not like he was in pre-med, working round the clock. So if stress and worry was a factor, it must have been due to something else, IMO, maybe a personal situation or perhaps a mental health issue, for example.

Maybe he was worried that his grades wouldn't be good enough to transfer into a 4-year school?

Hi all :wave:
Sad to see that BL is still missing! :(

Read that nothing was found during Klaas organized search.
Anything new in the case since Klaas search? Not sure I’ll be able to read all posts since then.
Anything that needs to be added to the timeline?

Any news from Dragracerz?
Thanks all!

That first one has been identified as Anthony Conners, a jogger hit by a car, apparently. Sad loss for his family, sympathies. Here's the full story: http://www.bnd.com/2013/02/14/2496432/police-man-found-dead-in.html

Thanks, deicide, for finding these :)

Hi all :wave:
Sad to see that BL is still missing! :(

Read that nothing was found during Klaas organized search.
Anything new in the case since Klaas search? Not sure I’ll be able to read all posts since then.
Anything that needs to be added to the timeline?

Any news from Dragracerz?
Thanks all!

No news at all - Amanda shared some cool info from her time in Buttonwillow. Homeless saw Bryce speaking casually with someone about the same age. It was in the last string - look for her posts. Thanks, Quester - your timeline is still incredibly valuable and valid - thank you for all of that work. Maybe post the link to it again so new folks on the string can review the PDF as well. No news from Dragracerz for a while :(

Good to see you here! :seeya:

I thought this was his second year? Didn't he meet his girlfriend up there?

Yes but I am referring to a year from when he might have to apply for a -four-year school, i.e the start of the second yr. but in any case, grades do not appear to have been a problem at the point he vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3