CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!Damn it!!!! Water tank?

A Canadian woman who was last seen at a downtown Los Angeles hotel almost three weeks ago was found dead Tuesday in a water tank at the top of the building, authorities said.

A worker at the Cecil Hotel on Main Street discovered the body of Elisa Lam, 21, about 10 a.m. while responding to a complaint about low water pressure, sources said.

Sources familiar with the case said it was too early to tell whether Lam was the victim of foul play but said the location was being treated as a crime scene. Her body was found in one of four tanks that make up the water supply for the hotel.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-tourist-found-in-water-tank-at-la-hotel.html

She really touched my heart. I can't stop crying.

A B S O L U T E L Y

A B S U R D !!!!

:furious::furious::furious:

Completely UNBELIEVABLE...!!!

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN...???

RIP Elisa Lam !!!!!

:rose:

BBM

When I first watched the footage I thought she was hallucinating or tripping (drug induced or not) when she was talking/singing/whatever in the hallway, but after re-re-watching it occurs to me that someone could have come along in the hallway at that point - when she turns and puts her hand on her chest and smiles, it almost looks like she was surprised, but not scared. After all the gesturing and counting (?) she walks slowly to the left out of sight - is it possible someone else was going to the elevator, waited for the "crazy lady" to get out of the way, then got on? So not necessarily anyone who had done anything wrong, but one of the last people to interact with Elisa. They might not pay attention to a missing person report, but "crazy lady by the elevator" would surely jog their memory.

I'm just trying to keep in mind that there could be multiple circumstances, a sort of perfect storm. Ingests a substance or is having some sort of break --> goes to elevator --> encounters someone in the hallway --> leaves and meets foul play or becomes lost. Meaning those things all occurred independently and sequentially. Her demeanor seems to deteriorate over the duration, which makes me wonder if her abilities when she arrived at the elevator was different by the time she left... and ended up missing. FWIW I've been given a laced joint, and I've been roofied, and it's crazy how things go downhill in terms of ability to function once a substance takes effect. I don't know how it works with a mental "break", if you can spiral.

JMO and just-my-thinking-out-loud. :)

The part bolder by you makes sense as to why the video may have been altered- perhaps an uninvolved second party who LE is aware of and unconcerned with, so LE removed this person's image from the video? It's possible.

My heartfelt sympathies and condolences to Elisa's loved ones.

One article says authorities are no longer so sure it was foul play. Really?!? I find it very remarkable that it took roughly three weeks from the time she went missing for guests to start complaining of low water pressure. When did she end up in the water tank?

It's being shown live on the local news right now. How the heck did this happen?!?!

:cry::cry::cry:
LAPD Officer Bruce Borihanh tells the Weekly that a body was found in the hotel's working water tank on its roof.

He said that after some guests complained of low water pressure in their bathrooms a "maintenance man" went up to take a look and found the body of a woman in her 20s inside the tank.

The Los Angeles Fire Department tells us they were called to the area at 1:10 p.m. today. Borihanh says firefighters are working as we speak in an attempt to remove the body.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/...und_cecil_hotel_dtla_downtown_los_angeles.php

Here's a literal screen shot of the tanks on breaking news right now. Sorry about the quality!
haqupe6e.jpg

Here's a view of the roof --- I suppose the water tank(s) are those large things i circled...??? What do ya'll think...???

REGARDLESS, there is no way I will ever believe Elisa climbed in there herself...never mind gained access to the roof on her own!!!!

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAAAD right now!!!!!!!

ETA: Thanks for the live pics Kaliste I missed your post, while I was posting...mucho gracias to The Cheese too!

Attachments

• elisa roof.jpg
    elisa roof.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 105
jesus.

RIP Elisa. The video gave me anxiety and this just heightens it. Poor thing. :(

A Canadian woman who was last seen at a downtown Los Angeles hotel almost three weeks ago was found dead Tuesday in a water tank at the top of the building, authorities said.

A worker at the Cecil Hotel on Main Street discovered the body of Elisa Lam, 21, about 10 a.m. while responding to a complaint about low water pressure, sources said.

Sources familiar with the case said it was too early to tell whether Lam was the victim of foul play but said the location was being treated as a crime scene. Her body was found in one of four tanks that make up the water supply for the hotel.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-tourist-found-in-water-tank-at-la-hotel.html

She really touched my heart. I can't stop crying.

BBM
I feel the same way. She seemed like such a sweet girl - probably unaware of the dangers that awaited her there. Poor girl - poor family.
RIP sweet Elisa.

there is no way I will ever believe Elisa climbed in there herself...never mind gained access to the roof on her own!!!!

Seriously. I wouldn't even know how to get one of them open.

And again, I think it's possible that she has NOT been inside the water tank the full time she was missing. Otherwise, why wouldn't the low water pressure have been noticed sooner?

(Admittedly, I don't know how the hydraulic system works. Just speculating here.)

So twisted...SHE NEVER EVEN LEFT THE DAYUM BUILDING!>!>!>!>!

WHO DID THIS...?!?!?!?!

Why am I still afraid for her...?!??!?!

This is heartbreaking. Elisa is a friend of a friend, and I felt very close to this case...

Looking at those water tanks, my gut is telling me, "inside job"...I'm not sure how it could be anything except foul play due to the location...it's just too difficult to get to, too specific...

I am so sorry for Elisa's friends and family, and I hope that now the closure can begin...and that some answers will come to light.

Seriously. I wouldn't even know how to get one of them open.

And again, I think it's possible that she has NOT been inside the water tank the full time she was missing. Otherwise, why wouldn't the low water pressure have been noticed sooner?

(Admittedly, I don't know how the hydraulic system works. Just speculating here.)

Thinking about accessing the water tank - pretty hard to phathom...

OK even if the roof door was unlocked - there had to be lock(s) on the tank(s) otherwise ANYONE with roof access could have contaminated their water supply.

:waitasec:

:furious::banghead::furious::banghead::furious:

You could be right === she may have been put there recently...they had to do something with her after so many days. And the 'heat' was on STS after the airing of the video - killer in the house would have been worried they were closing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14