DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such heart breaking news
Her family and friends are in my thoughts

It is a sad reminder of the monsters around us

How do the water tanks work? Does that water go directly into the hotel showers/drinking water?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. How did she get there?? Wouldn't there be video of her in an elevator getting off on the top floor?? Something's not right. How would she know how to get to the roof, then climb the tanks, then find a way in. She did not do this to herself. RIP Sweet Elisa. :rose:

How do the water tanks work? Does that water go directly into the hotel showers/drinking water?

It's what nightmares are made of...It's hard to 'go there' in my mind.

Sadly we have to add Elisa to the list of people who have died as a guest of The Cecil Hotel.

ETA:
snipped...Pauline Otten, 27, committed suicide by jumping out of a window of the Cecil Hotel in 1962, also killing an unlucky pedestrian when she landed on top of him. Retired telephone operator Goldie Osgood, known as the Pershing Square Pigeon Lady, was raped and strangled at the Cecil in 1964. Her tiny room was ransacked; the killer was never found.

http://www.laobserved.com/intell/2007/12/serial_killer_central.php

Sidenote: There used to be one around here, they condemned it not long ago

LeonardFiles ‏@LeonardFiles
LAPD: Hotel Cecil body - that of a nude woman. Specifically denies they know if it's missing tourist Elisa Lam, last seen here Jan 31.

LeonardFiles ‏@LeonardFiles
LAPD: Hotel Cecil body - that of a nude woman. Specifically denies they know if it's missing tourist Elisa Lam, last seen here Jan 31.

denies they know if it's missing tourist elisa lam...? what? so it's her or not?

attachment.php

Authorities were at a "body recovery" operation on the roof of the Hotel Cecil, where a 21-year-old missing tourist from Vancouver, B.C., was staying.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Police-Activity-Focuses-Hotel-Where-Missing-Woman-Elisa-Lame-191886411.html

Attachments

• cecilhotel.png
    cecilhotel.png
    339.7 KB · Views: 537

Looking at that photo, it's hard to imagine how getting her in the tank could even be a one person job...???...

:waitasec:

ahlang: correct - unconfirmed - maybe because she's not clothed can't confirm until proper ID.

Looking at that photo, it's hard to imagine how getting her in the tank could even be a one person job...???...

:waitasec:

ahlang: correct - unconfirmed - maybe because she's not clothed can't confirm until proper ID.

would be too naive to say.....maybe its not her...? ><

that means the famiyl would have to look at the body to tell whether or not its her...? So sad...omg:banghead::banghead::banghead:

First off, heartfelt condolences to Elisa's family and friends. Although we didn't know her, all of us felt a connection with Elisa and we're so sorry this was the conclusion.

Next, I don't believe for a SECOND Elisa wandered up to the roof (was the door not LOCKED?) without her glasses, climbed into one of those giant tanks and then let herself drown. I maintain my original theory that she was drugged without her knowledge and met with foul play. I'd be questioning workers at the hotel pretty closely right now...

How many LA firemen does it take to screw up a crime scene?

Well, at least 3 by the looks of things.

"Hey everybody, come on up and have a look, put your hands on everything and walk all over the place to really mess things up".

So, many people think she was dressed, in the video, as if going to use the communal showers...and she ends up in a water tank? (If that's her....RIP...) Connection to plumbing between the two... And the potential strange actions of the elevator... I would be looking very closely at hotel plumbers/maintenance workers, if I were LAPD.

This is just so sad.

would be too naive to say.....maybe its not her...? ><

that means the famiyl would have to look at the body to tell whether or not its her...? So sad...omg:banghead::banghead::banghead:

In my experience, they are sometimes able to use dental records without requiring a family member to do a positive ID, though I'm not sure what procedures are like in this particular location. I hope that's the case here, because that is a sight no one should ever have to see. :(

I'm just so sad right now. I was so hoping this would turn out differently. There is no way she got into those tanks on her own. She was helped. Someone who worked there or who is a permenant resident there that knows the nooks and crannies of the place. I've stayed in many hotels, and never once did I go on the roof or even know there were water tanks that supplied the guests with water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli