CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I concur that the body was stored in one of the rooms before it was dumped in the tank.

I disagree completely that she looked scared. Unfortunately, I have a friend who died of a drug overdose in early 2012 (extremely smart, successful, good looking guy down in Laguna Beach -- he had everything) -- he did every drug imaginable -- including meth and heroin -- and the behavior she displayed in the tape is highly consistent to his behavior when he was on hallucinogens and/or MDMA (E, Molly, etc.).

She looks a wee bit nervous to me. And I was standing in that very hallway once. Probably on a different floor. Believe me when I say anyone standing in that place would be a little creeped out. It feels like a sanitarium or half-way house. Not some place I would want to spend a lot of time in. I think she was just an excited person who might have felt a bit scared, but maybe not because of anything specific. Most single women travellers feel that way. I am one of them. I know.

Not sure why it would cause flooding if a body was put into a tank, but it did seem to affect several things ..

"maintenance worker went up to investigate reports of low water pressure"

Snip

He said the floor also experience flooding that night.

'They said there was some obstruction to the drain between the third and fourth floor,' Mr Diaz told the Times

BBM
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nk-Cecil-Hotel-Los-Angeles.html#ixzz2LUDyZKMc
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

doesnt have to be the body, maybe the perp dumped the murder weapon(assuming there is one) or something of value of hers down the drain? i think the cops outta look into those pipes, quite a coincidence theres a flood the day she goes missing, although that's probably cleared by now and the perp already took away the evidence.

Okay - that is just way too dark. This whole case is full of heebie jeebies.

The Chuck Palahniuk quote on her Tumblr, the statement she wrote about "hoping no creep gets me," that she wrote on her Tumblr, the elevator incident, the possibility she was on the 14th floor (really the 13th floor in an old hotel), and the hotel's history with two murderers.

All of this creepiness is hard to write off as coincidence. Makes me think someone got access to her computer after she was killed and posted these to haunt/tease the police.

is that actually her tumblr? seems like the last post from nouveau is from feb 18th?

Have to wonder if that is her posting. The two men holding the two frames from the top of the building. If not her certainly no low-life in the hotel too artistic.

Frame-up - frames - can't wait to see that they say cause of death is.

Feel like more as you say "eery" stuff to push the "Elisa was out of her mind and crawled into a high small space" theory. I hope I am wrong and they say it is.... was it obviously is..... a homicide.

Taunting.

Have to wonder if that is her posting. The two men holding the two frames from the top of the building. If not her certainly no low-life in the hotel too artistic.

Frame-up - frames - can't wait to see that they say cause of death is.

Feel like more as you say "eery" stuff to push the "Elisa was out of her mind and crawled into a high small space" theory. I hope I am wrong and they say it is.... was it obviously is..... a homicide.

Taunting.

Yeah... that tumblr was continually updated until February 18th. Wondering if that actually is her Tumblr, or just some one else, or is it the killer taunting everyone (surely her friends or family knew abou the Tumblr if that is her Tumblr?)

An autopsy was completed on Thursday but the case of death has been "deferred, pending additional tests," said Ed Winter, L.A. County assistant chief coroner.

The office is waiting for results of blood, urine and toxicology tests that are expected in six to eight weeks. Until then, the coroner won't be releasing any partial or preliminary information, he said.

"What was in her system? Were all the organs functioning right? ... Any prescriptions, was she on meds within a therapeutic level or did she take too many or was there none?" said Winter in explaining what the coroner is looking for.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/02/21/elisa-lam-autopsy-missing-la-die_n_2736358.html

To me it looks like she hits the very lowest buttons in the middle row. Maybe she hit the hold door button and that's why the elevator wouldn't move. ?? She also doesn't give the doors much of a chance to close since she spends most of the time either in the doorway or jumping in and out from the elevator to the hallway. Then she presses a bunch of the lower buttons again, steps out, waves her arms around, and then leaves.

This thread has been very interesting for me as when I was young I also did a lot of travelling alone and also stayed in hostels, guest houses and cheap hotels, not solely because they were cheap but it was also a way to meet similar people and I did make some very good friends along the way. So I feel I had something in common with Elisa.
At first I felt certain that Elisa had fallen to foul play, but now I'm not so sure.In the elavator video it looks like she presses all the buttons down the centre panel and at the bottom of that row is the door "hold" button. (pic of panel provided in post 627) which could be the reason the door starts to shut slightly then stops open. Her behaviour then becomes strange and confused at at one moment with her hands on her head she looked distressed. If she was trying to get away from someone she would have made sure not to press that button, even without her glasses.
I think there is a possibility of drugs here, as she didn't look drunk IMO. Wouldn't like to speculate on how she got got them (if she even did), couldv'e been spiked, she certainly does not come across as a drug user although there is a first time for everything.
I live in a smallish island community with low crime. In the last 2 or 3 years there have been several deaths, some of them quite bizarrre, directly due to people having taken one these new fangled chemical drugs that seem to be on the streets these days. Powders and pills made with goodness knows what chemicals in them. Have tried myself a long time ago, never again. Some of them do really make people deluded and do some really strange and weird things.
The question is could Elisa have accessed that rooftop somehow ? The autopsy will obviously give more answers to questions.
If foul play did occur, hope they get the nasty piece of work very quickly.
So sorry this happened to poor Eliza, she seems like she was a sweet and likeable character, young and adventurous just exploring and experiencing life.
So sorry for her family.
Such a shame.

snipped...An autopsy was completed, but the cause of death is deferred pending further examination, according to assistant chief coroner Ed Winter. That may take six to eight weeks.

...If you want a reservation at the Cecil you will have to wait until next month. The website said the hotel is "sold out" until March 1. After then, you can book a room for $65.

Jason Proctor ‏@proctor_jason
LA coroner says autopsy done on Elisa Lam but final cause of death not yet determined. Toxicology tests will take 6 to 8 weeks. #cbc

This really seems to imply she took or was slipped drugs at some point. I'm still struggling with the idea there wasn't foul play in this case. I just don't see how someone, whether sober or on drugs, could end up in a water tank of their own volition. I suppose they're trying to see if she succumbed to an overdose of some kind, or drowned (?). Maybe the theory she was given drugs by someone, died because of it, and they disposed of her body is closer to the mark. Or maybe I should just give in and accept the idea Elisa somehow ended up in the water tank by her own doing. I just don't know.

Yeah... that tumblr was continually updated until February 18th. Wondering if that actually is her Tumblr, or just some one else, or is it the killer taunting everyone (surely her friends or family knew abou the Tumblr if that is her Tumblr?)

not sure what your source was, but that is definitely not Elisa Lam's tumblr

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/autre

^same user, click on formspring, different person.

I have not seen any clear evidence her body was found nude. There's mention that her flip-flops were back at the hotel room though, but in this weather I would imagine those were her backup/lounge at the hotel sandals, she would've had other walking shoes with her I think.

<sfs>

:welcome4: Marinewonder...thanks for joining us.

Can you direct me to the reports of her flip flops in her room...???...

TIA.

Why was she in L.A. when it wasn't part of her plan?

Why was she on the 14th floor when her room was on the 4th floor?

Maybe the water blockage and flooding was related to her disappearance, something of hers flushed and got stuck??

Could she have just been going to the bathroom, which was why she only had on flip flops, no phone or eyeglasses??

She didn't look frightened to me in the elevator. She looked playful. She appeared to be talking to someone, first while her back was in the corner in the elevator, then outside of it when she was facing to the right and using hand gestures.

She was Chinese, not Japanese so why would she be using Japanese sign language??? And she spoke English so why would she need to make gestures to communicate in sign?

If she medical issues or depression issues, why was she allowed to travel out of the country to a foreign place alone???

13 inches to stuff a body into is insanely tiny.

I believe this is a homicide and that an employee is involved. All JMO, MOO, etc.

Why was she in L.A. when it wasn't part of her plan?

Why was she on the 14th floor when her room was on the 4th floor?

Maybe the water blockage and flooding was related to her disappearance, something of hers flushed and got stuck??

Could she have just been going to the bathroom, which was why she only had on flip flops, no phone or eyeglasses??

She didn't look frightened to me in the elevator. She looked playful. She appeared to be talking to someone, first while her back was in the corner in the elevator, then outside of it when she was facing to the right and using hand gestures.

She was Chinese, not Japanese so why would she be using Japanese sign language??? And she spoke English so why would she need to make gestures to communicate in sign?

If she medical issues or depression issues, why was she allowed to travel out of the country to a foreign place alone???

13 inches to stuff a body into is insanely tiny.

I believe this is a homicide and that an employee is involved. All JMO, MOO, etc.

Assuming the Tumblr is hers, it was in her plan:

"Planning planning planning for the West Coast tour…

Sigh turns out I won’t be making as many stops as I’d like

Vancouver, San Diego, Los Angeles, Santa Cruz and San Francisco

I really want to stop by San Luis Obispo but alas…we’ll see

Suggestions and meet-ups still highly appreciated

?"
Source: http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/tagged/caliblah

I literally was wide awake all night trying to figure how the heck she ended up in that tank. This case has consumed me. Anxiously awaiting the autopsy results.

If murder is confirmed, then I have some really scary thoughts and theories. Will refrain til we get more information!

Glad I am not the only one.

Jason Proctor &#8207;@proctor_jason
LA coroner says autopsy done on Elisa Lam but final cause of death not yet determined. Toxicology tests will take 6 to 8 weeks. #cbc

I don't know, this makes me think she really did have an episode caused by stress or being drugged and may have wandered up to the roof. Does not explain how she got the lid opened or closed though.

edit: hmm, that is even worse then, how can a dead person post stuff on tumblr

Exactly. I read a report somewhere about someone saying her body has been decomposing for 2 weeks. Perhaps that's not true? Or is someone posting from her Tumblr? (Again, assuming thats her Tumblr, although all signs point to it being the case.)

The glasses don't seem as important as I initially thought. I'd only seen pictures of her wearing them but there are two pics on the huffington post link that show her without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214