CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This blog post talks about some of the filming locations. Cecil is near the Staples Center, so maybe she is talking about that. Drive is based on a noir novel, and focuses on the darker side of LA, so I think that's what she's referring to:

http://www.reel-scout.com/blog/post/458/the-12-film-locations-of-drive-in-los-angeles/

Here is another blog post with some info:

http://jerrygarrett.wordpress.com/2011/09/17/where-was-the-movie-drive-filmed/

"1. The movie starts in downtown L.A., and the crackerjack opening gambit involves a chase scene on Seventh Street and an iconic old concrete bridge."

" To give the impression that the elevator was moving from one level to another, the art department redecorated the fourth floor hallway right outside the elevator to make it look like various different hallways from different floors."

All these wierd coincidences...elevators scenes, TB, etc!

Disturbing that the movie Driver on the sites mention "Elevator" scene being important.....

anyone has memory of ANY RESEMBLANCE between that movie's elevator scene and anything in the video?

Oh right, I forgot about that infamous elevator stomping scene.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ufgkJ-uVE"]Drive - Elevator Scene - YouTube[/ame]

Well at first, I always thought Elisa was on the 14th floor in that CCTV camera, but a clarification from littlewing says that she is not on that floor, and that the elevator actually goes up the 14th floor after the 3:00 minute mark in this video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM"]Elisa Lam Video - YouTube[/ame]

It's because serial killer Richard 'Nightstalker' Ramirez stayed at the Cecil Hotel around the 1980's, on the 14th floor.

And before when I thought Elisa was on the 14th floor in this video, I found it eerily strange.

I did find the FB account of the friend who is referred to in the article but her account is locked down and I can't see the postcard. Wonder why it's written in sharpie and wonder what the postmark date is on the postcard.

I'm pretty sure I found that friend's Instagram account but it is locked down too.

I think it's safe to say she probably did a fair amount of wandering around on her travels. If she really doesn't sleep as much as she has written about...what would she be doing holed up in her tiny hotel room all that time with no wifi? I'm sure LE knows who she spent time with there.

I'm going to drop the cellphone topic, it's driving me crazy and I don't know why!

Good point, she has no wifi in the hotel room.....which is probably one of the things most important to her since she would be wanting to blog and write and communicate online.

The postcard....I wonder how many postcards she posted....and if it is possible the postcard was bought at the Last Bookstore...

I think it's safe to say she probably did a fair amount of wandering around on her travels. If she really doesn't sleep as much as she has written about...what would she be doing holed up in her tiny hotel room all that time with no wifi? I'm sure LE knows who she spent time with there.

Anybody else noticing the postcard image has been taken down?

Interesting, is it definitely gone? Could LE have put a gag order, or whatever, on it? It seems like we would have heard about it sooner and from a more local source if they didn't care about it being released. Or it was just a fake that went viral..that'd be an unfortunate amount of effort

Could she have run out of her meds, or suddenly stopped taking them? What would be the effects of this?

As far as I have been told by my Dr, the effects of running out of Lamictal are a deep depression (depressive swing) cold sweats, trouble sleeping. People have to discontinue Lamictal a lot because it causes a rare skin rash that can kill you. When your Dr. notices the rash, you are taken straight off of the drug no matter what. Lamictal is started at 25-50 milligrams every 2-3 weeks until you reach the "therapeutic" dose which is arguably 200mg or more. Standard is 200 mg. When you ween off the medication by choice you titrate down on the same schedule, but stopping it all together isn't life threatening or psychotic break inducing.

SSRI's are another story. First of all, patients who are bipolar are often diagnosed simply because the standard SSRI Psychs like to perscribe end up making their symptoms worse. It is very rare that a person who is Bipolar be on an SSRI, it does absolutely no good. Taking too much of an SSRI will cause a psychotic break, taking a disassociative with an SSRI can cause the liver to process it differently, resulting in a psychotic break.

I don't see any indication she was on a Benzo, but for what it is worth, they have to be weened off of very slowly. If I miss my nightly pill by an hour I am half-way to a full blown seizure.

Quitting Ambien or similar hypnotic medications has no side effect.

Adderall can cause paranoia. It is physically addictive unlike Ritalin which can become mentally addictive.

I took Effexor for a short time in highschool and it's the craziest I have ever been in my life. I was swiftly taken off of it. I am concerned about Effexor being combined with Lamictal and WELLBUTRIN.

The second craziest experience I have ever had in my life was while I was on Wellbutrin to stop smoking. I couldn't remember anything. I was very despondant. I was taking piano lessons at the time and I couldn't even get my fingers to press the right keys. Wellbutrin is NOT an SSRI even though it is marketed as one, it works on your dopamine receptors and is commonly used in recovering addicts and alcoholics. It also functions secondarily as a stimulant...which....she is already on Adderall, so why add this in the mix?

I hope I didn't break any rules here, but I have had experience with these drugs.

Interesting, is it definitely gone? Could LE have put a gag order, or whatever, on it? It seems like we would have heard about it sooner and from a more local source if they didn't care about it being released. Or it was just a fake that went viral..that'd be an unfortunate amount of effort

Off the browser cache. It looks like an Instagram pic....doesn't sound out of place after reading EL's blog....it seems like her...... not sure why anyone would go out of their way to do this, but I do hope the WHOLE postcard picture would be available.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-24 at 4.47.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-24 at 4.47.06 PM.png
    323.2 KB · Views: 44
She mentions "Drive" pilgrimage on the postcard.....anyone watch that movie?

Could a "drive pilgrimage" be a window shopping trip on Rodeo Drive? She was very into the fashion scene.

Still looking for link....:)

Thank you! I just saw her post on tumblr where she talks about going to the speakeasy and loses the blackberry her friend gave her to use. So, it's possible that's what I was thinking of when she said she misplaced it. Hopefully she had a phone in LA.

I'm afraid this is going to turn into a media circus of unreliable info and fake viral crap.

A video without sound, and a few words of a postcard without context...oi! Talking about trying to make sense of a puzzle with only a few pieces... :( Really want to know what the rest of "It is creeping me" refers to...

Off the browser cache. It looks like an Instagram pic....doesn't sound out of place after reading EL's blog....it seems like her...... not sure why anyone would go out of their way to do this, but I do hope the WHOLE postcard picture would be available.

It does look like an instagram picture, good point. I could see her friend posting a pic of it before everything transpired, excited she received a postcard in the mail from her traveling friend. SOmeone would have had to gain access to that account though. We probably shoudln't put too much value on it until we know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*