CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<rsbm>

I'm not real struck on it being related Marlon, could be a coinkydink and it is open to interpretation. However, if you want to sleuth on it, here's a little tidbit for you to pursue:

The FB page with Elisa's name (the one with just her pic and only 1 friend). If you click on the friend RS, have a look at what his backdrop is at the top of his FB page.

Creepy

It's all creepy, too many coincidences. :what:

Actually now that I've watched the Youtube video of Elisa in the elevator at 1.5x speed,

I don't think it should be watched at 1.5x speed. When I tried doing that, I noticed that each second on the timer went faster than the ticking on my clock.

For what it's worth, here is a news story I found about this case. The beginning of the clip is interesting because her friends say she is not acting normally in the video. The rest of the clip seems kind of sensationalistic though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOaXm4KJli8&list=UUb8K46z_rTPxfkMvAWj6K3w&index=5"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOaXm4KJli8&list=UUb8K46z_rTPxfkMvAWj6K3w&index=5[/ame]

Hi all-- been following and reading for a little while-- back in thread 1, I had posted some info about a missing cell phone from Jan 27th from Elisa's tumblr. I hadn't provided a link, as I'd misunderstood the rules, but after re-reading, I think it's safe to do so. So, for context, here it is. Mods, please let me know if this is out of bounds.

This post is from Jan 27 (though may have been queued)-- check out the tags on the right hand side of the page, and you'll see her note that the phone wasn't even hers, and was a blackberry.

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/41596157293/more-the-speakeasy-was-awesome-except-i-lost

Is this her tumblr account? There's posts the day before her body was found but I was under the impression she'd be in the tank for more than a few hours?

BTW hi all new to the forum...

I have thought the gesticulating could be whimsical play as one might when all alone. As there is no proof of another person at any point in the video it really should be the top theory that she is all alone.

I would add that when she walks back into the elevator the second time she steadies herself with her hands and appears to be slightly laughing. 1:30 to 1:34. She appears to be somewhat tipsy, buzzed. Almost stumbling into the elevator before having another go at the buttons.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM"]Elisa Lam Video - YouTube[/ame]

Another point that doesn't get repeated enough if there is no known video or her taking an elevator TO the 15th floor. I would say she got buzzed on the 4th floor with other international hostel guests and took stairs up to the 15th floor as kind of an adventure. In this spirit of buzzed exploration she gets up onto the roof via the fire escape.

How she winds up in the drink I'm not sure. But could be just a case of curiosity killing the cat.

Yeah I think (from the speeded up video) that when she was doing those jumping movements, she thought she was possibly alone, although she suspected someone she knew was around, that's why she went out of the lift to check. It seems to me like whimsical jumping that maybe she does when she's alone and waiting for something to happen... (or not to happen).. It's like stuff she does when she thinks probably no one's watching. I don't know... maybe because I am of Chinese descent and grew up in Asia, to me, culturally or whatever, a Chinese girl doing those movements when they think no one's looking is quite normal to me. Maybe a bit childish and playful, but still normal. Not strange. LOL... but yeah just purely my own opinion.

I don't know. Just the fact that the video was speeded up, everything seems... kinda normal to me. More importantly, it seems even clearer to me in the speeded up video that she was talking to other people who were present. That those people were real.

In the original video (which was slowed down) she looked a bit slow in her actions and it all looked to me like she was talking to herself or high or hallucinating or something. But when the video is speeded up, it looks like she was acting normally, maybe trying to get away politely from some REAL people, albeit pesky people/friends she made at the place who didn't want her to go back to the elevator. I don't know.

I wonder what her birthdate is but i bet it was ARIES OR PISCIS.

Cut for question..

And answer..

HBYJ9xR.png

I have thought the gesticulating could be whimsical play as one might when all alone. As there is no proof of another person at any point in the video it really should be the top theory that she is all alone.

I would add that when she walks back into the elevator the second time she steadies herself with her hands and appears to be slightly laughing. 1:30 to 1:34. She appears to be somewhat tipsy, buzzed. Almost stumbling into the elevator before having another go at the buttons.

I can roleplay a bit for you to explain why she puts her hand over head and goes back in the elevator for a 2nd attempt at pressing the middle row buttons.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM"]Elisa Lam Video - YouTube[/ame]

1:04

Elisa Lam (EL): Maybe if I step away from the elevator, it might close...

1:12

(EL): *puts hands on her hair* What the hell is going on....

*glances at the elevator door while standing outside*

1:27

(EL): *turns into the elevator, frustrated, confused and at a loss of patience* Oh my god! why isn't it working?

Then she looks desperate pressing all the buttons again on the elevator hoping she might get it working (unfortunately pressing the DOOR HOLD button multiple times and resetting the door lock timer once again)

her mistake of unknowingly pressing the DOOR HOLD button

But how did she make that mistake? She seems to have pressed it multiple times. I wear glasses too and my vision isn't that great without them. But if I stuck my head right in front of the buttons like that, I'd be able to see it. (Yes, I even tried it last week) I think most people in an elevator that wanted it closed would press the door close button or just the floor they wanted to go on.

then going back in the elevator for 2nd attempt to press all the middle row buttons on the elevator panel.

But why is she pressing all the buttons in the middle in that order from top to bottom?

Im sure they wont find her clothes. Why not? because the killer took them off after he thought the drugs were kicking in. I can even believe this is the time that he realizes shes not breathing and maybe even stops his advances. Hey maybe he even punches the wall because he fcked up bigtime.

I dont think he flushed her clothes or anything like that, i think he tried flushing her ID and Phone tho and thats what ****ed up the pipes.

The clothes I bet ended up in a garbage can somewhere between the cecil and LAX

Did you ever think she was found wearing her cloths?

But how did she make that mistake? She seems to have pressed it multiple times. I wear glasses too and my vision isn't that great without them. But if I stuck my head right in front of the buttons like that, I'd be able to see it. (Yes, I even tried it last week) I think most people in an elevator that wanted it closed would press the door close button or just the floor they wanted to go on.

But why is she pressing all the buttons in the middle in that order from top to bottom?

I can assume Elisa is very short-sighted. Remember, eye visions differ among many people.

She isn't wearing her glasses, she certainly isn't wearing contacts (because she would have no need to stick her face on the elevator panel for 3 seconds, and then press all of the middle row buttons)

I have poor eyesight as well without my glasses, and I'm also short-sighted, however if I look at something without my glasses very closely, I can see things a lot clearer (but barely) than if I was standing a feet away.

Also, I use my memory for layouts, areas, and etc. without my glasses. Since I've traversed/operated those areas and things plenty of times with my glasses -- I know instinctively by memory where I think the buttons are, or just where I'm going.

I feel this is how Elisa felt. Since she forgot her glasses, she must of still memorized the 4th floor button was on the middle row, but wasn't confident enough to know where it exactly was. So she took a gamble and pressed ALL the buttons on the middle row (unbeknownst of the DOOR HOLD button) just to be sure.

we6I2JX.jpg

When people want the elevator to move quickly normally they make the silly move of pressing the SAME button over and over and over again. Pressing four middle buttons plus the hold button makes no sense in terms of it saying she wanted a speedy get-away. Seems like her button pushing is either part of a prank to fool some fellow hostel people or the activity of someone who's kind of stoned. Like watching the sounds responsive lights on a stereo while high and listening to pink floyd. Whoa cool.

Also if she wanted to put distance between herself and an attacker she would just press the floor that's fartherst away AND with security guards and other people the whole bit. That would be ONLY the first floor.

SF Examiner reported she had been found naked in the tank. One data point. But a city paper.

Also CBSLA, the first media outlet based in Los Angeles broke the news live on TV that a body was found nude in the water tank by a maintenance worker.

They didn't say it was Elisa Lam's body at first.

When people want the elevator to move quickly normally they make the silly move of pressing the SAME button over and over and over again. Pressing four middle buttons plus the hold button makes no sense in terms of it saying she wanted a speedy get-away. Seems like her button pushing is either part of a prank to fool some fellow hostel people or the activity of someone who's kind of stoned. Like watching the sounds responsive lights on a stereo while high and listening to pink floyd. Whoa cool.

Also if she wanted to put distance between herself and an attacker she would just press the floor that's fartherst away AND with security guards and other people the whole bit. That would be ONLY the first floor.

Okay then.

At what point in the video do you think she's being followed by an attacker?

I would also like to know how you feel her state was when she first entered the elevator for the first time if you don't mind.

Did you think she was trying to escape somebody?

And just another note, security would be monitoring her via the CCTV camera on the elevator. If they noticed something strange happening, or just the fact the elevator wasn't working -- they could of just radioed a security guard on one of the hallway floors to take the stairwell to intercept Elisa.

For example, say Elisa was on the 15th or 14th floor and the security guard was on the 10th floor.

Security staff on the ground floor (wherever the security monitor room is) radio all the available security guards on duty at the hotel about Elisa and the closest security guard picks up the dispatch and then goes to investigate, taking the staircase all the way up on her floor -- prompting Elisa to turn to the hallway and then appear to be conversing with a person off camera at 1:55 in the video

20130226091336885002.jpg

yve4u2y3.jpg

The vid is posted here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA-Aqvj66sE

Just 1+ Min into the movie. The killer must have seen this show to be able to replicate this move.

What I find VERY odd and supicious is that this particular youtube movie seem to have been oploaded Monday February 18, 2013, the very day prior to that Elisa Lam's body was found in the water tank Tuesday February 19th, 2013 !!! (If somone find that I´m wrong about this please let me know)

SO...due to that this movie, posted the day prior to Elisa Lam was found, start out with a body beeing found in a water tank on top of a building, and that it was NOT yet known that Elisa Lam was dead, even less that her dead body was located in a water tank on top of a building, the person who oploaded this video seems to either be a true psychic or possibly somone who had knowledge of what happened to Elisa Lam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA-Aqvj66sE

Oploaded/published 18/02/2013
&#20027;&#28436;: &#27146;&#23569;&#30343; / &#26446;&#20462;&#36066; / &#40643;&#26575;&#25991;
&#22320;&#21312;: &#39321;&#28207;
&#23566;&#28436;: &#40643;&#26575;&#25991;
&#39006;&#22411;: &#29359;&#32618;/&#21205;&#20316;
&#32232;&#21127;: &#26410;&#30693;
&#30332;&#34892;&#20844;&#21496;: &#26410;&#30693;
&#19978;&#26144;&#26178;&#38291;: 1994
&#35069;&#20316;&#20844;&#21496;: &#33836;&#33021;&#24433;&#20687;&#35069;&#20316;&#26377;&#38480;&#20844;&#21496;
&#21029;&#21517;: Water Tank Murder Mystery

I would personally not see it as given that there were enough security people on location at night to be patrolling & constantly monitoring the CCTV. I've experienced hotels with mulitple guards on location 24/7, some where there was a lone night porter, and some where there was one security person and one porter. From the rather run-down impression I have of the Cecil, I wouldn't expect their staff to always be aware of what happens in the elevators.

Hi to all.

I'm not convinced the body was found nude.

A few things -

1. Does anyone know what color the 12th 14th and 15th floors are? It looks like there are 2 floors of the same brownish color, unless the elevator re-opened itself on the same floor. If that's the case, maybe she pushed the hallway call button when she saw the doors closing, then turned away again when they shut??

2. I have viewed many of these Jan 31st elevator videos on YT that all seem to be skipping about the time the door closes. There is only one that I've seen which had a smooth transition. Unfortunately, I can't find that one now, and was hoping someone would know its web-address. By the way, I don't think she's talking to anyone but herself.

3. I haven't read anything mentioning the CSI-NY episode "Cool Hunter".

"Season 2 Episode 16 - Cool Hunter

Synopsis:

After blood mixes with the water supply to a Manhattan apartment building, the CSIs are summoned and discover the body of Stacie Avida in the building's water tower. Lindsay recalls visiting the building on a 'grave-line' tour of Manhattan--there have been six suspicious deaths there in the last ten years."

What I find VERY odd and supicious is that this particular youtube movie seem to have been oploaded Monday February 18, 2013, the very day prior to that Elisa Lam's body was found in the water tank Tuesday February 19th, 2013 !!! (If somone find that I´m wrong about this please let me know)

SO...due to that this movie, posted the day prior to Elisa Lam was found, start out with a body beeing found in a water tank on top of a building, and that it was NOT yet known that Elisa Lam was dead, even less that her dead body was located in a water tank on top of a building, the person who oploaded this video seems to either be a true psychic or possibly somone who had knowledge of what happened to Elisa Lam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA-Aqvj66sE

Oploaded/published 18/02/2013
&#20027;&#28436;: &#27146;&#23569;&#30343; / &#26446;&#20462;&#36066; / &#40643;&#26575;&#25991;
&#22320;&#21312;: &#39321;&#28207;
&#23566;&#28436;: &#40643;&#26575;&#25991;
&#39006;&#22411;: &#29359;&#32618;/&#21205;&#20316;
&#32232;&#21127;: &#26410;&#30693;
&#30332;&#34892;&#20844;&#21496;: &#26410;&#30693;
&#19978;&#26144;&#26178;&#38291;: 1994
&#35069;&#20316;&#20844;&#21496;: &#33836;&#33021;&#24433;&#20687;&#35069;&#20316;&#26377;&#38480;&#20844;&#21496;
&#21029;&#21517;: Water Tank Murder Mystery

That's a Chinese horror film from 1994. Weird that it was posted the day before on youtube.. don't know if it means much though.

I would personally not see it as given that there were enough security people on location at night to be patrolling & constantly monitoring the CCTV. I've experienced hotels with mulitple guards on location 24/7, some where there was a lone night porter, and some where there was one security person and one porter. From the rather run-down impression I have of the Cecil, I wouldn't expect their staff to always be aware of what happens in the elevators.

We still can't rule that out that Cecil Hotel security had been monitoring the CCTV camera that night and also had an adequate amount of security guards on duty as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme