CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. first I just think it is a little odd the way he presents the entire thing.

Right from the start, he is acting as though he shouldn't be there.. check the other videos of people taking footage, no one acts like they are doing anything wrong. They are just getting some footage.

And the part where he says "Elisa Lam beloved daughter.. sister.. friend.. WHATEVER."

Also, when he gets up near the back door and says "might have to kick someone's *advertiser censored*). Right after he says "creep up here.. real slow.. cat like.. so I don't get caught". "I don't really care, **** em".

Just his entire attitude.

Watch the video and decide for yourself..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JR-GIhT1ZE

He's strange~~~~~~~~~ that's obvious.
But if he has to creep around, I suspect they don't want him there?

ETA: I'm from NY, I've seen a lot-- and this area is so creepy, no way I would ever hang out in that neighborhood.
I wouldn't go near that area. We had enough "street smarts" to stay away from areas like that. Just saying.....

I don't think they want anyone there who isn't a guest.. that's normal.

But his language.. talking about kicking *advertiser censored*.. saying **** em.. talking about tourists and saying lets follow these unsuspecting tourists.

Just a creepy vibe.

ETA: I'm from NY, I've seen a lot-- and this area is so creepy, no way I would ever hang out in that neighborhood.
I wouldn't go near that area. We had enough "street smarts" to stay away from areas like that. Just saying.....

After reading my own comment, my gut tells me she went there to meet up.
She was lured there to meet someone.
No way in hell at 20, I would have ventured there alone. She was Canadian also-traveling to another country. Again, just my gut.

Re: Registered Sex Offender News Reporter
PLEASE - let's give credit where credit is due: serafinacat

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #2

"I have a minor comment I wanted to make in regards to the amateur reporter with the funny hair mentioned on page 38 of the last thread. If you google his name, you'll find a mugshot and a record of some pretty heinous stuff, as well as his address, which is right around the corner from the Cecil Hotel."

I got my infomation from PIPL.COM.

IMHO The profile of the perp is likely an older man 40 plus years old, strong, confident, authoritative and has some charisma

Likely a long term resident and /or a long time employee of the Cecil Hotel, possibly security or maintenance employee, both likely have Master keys everywhere at the hotel

I also believe this is possibly a copycat murder mimicking some similarities between the Black Dahlia & Dark Waters crime/movie

Only someone local in the LA area and also very familiar with the Cecil Hotel's dark, freaky past could mimic such a crime

DARK WATERS FILM

Movie tie in: In the 2005 paranormal movie, Dark Water, eerie things take place after a body is supposedly found in a water tank on the ceiling of an old apartment building. In the movie, the girl was left alone in the abandoned apartment and fell into the water tank, which Veeck had left open. He was aware of her body, which was why he refused to fix the water problem plaguing the complex. Among the paranormal oddities in the movie, is dark water leaking down through the ceiling in adjacent apartments, and the elevators not working. Fast forward to 2013, leading up to the discovery of Elisa Lam’s body in the water tank, at the Cecil hotel, ‘”The water did have a funny taste,” Sabrina Baugh, a guest at the Cecil, told CNN, which adds that Baugh and her husband had used the water for eight days. ‘We never thought anything of it … We thought it was just the way it was here,’ Baugh said, adding that black water would come out of the shower when the tap was turned on.

BLACK DAHLIA REAL CRIME/MOVIE

Although Beth Short, the victim in the notorious and still-unsolved Black Dahlia murder, has no known association with the Cecil Hotel, there are a number of startling similarities between her story -- the subject of our most popular crime bus tour -- and Elisa Lam's.

• Both have names derived from Elizabeth.

• Both were women in their early 20s, traveling alone, frequenting public transportation.

• Both of them had loose travel plans that were known only to themselves.

• They were both petite, attractive brunettes, with personalities described as charismatic and outgoing. Both also suffered from depression.

• Each one traveled from San Diego to Downtown Los Angeles in January.

• Each was last seen in a Downtown hotel.

• Neither woman's disappearance was immediately reported. Both were missing for a number of days before being discovered, dead, in a shocking location.

• And the deaths of both of these unfortunate young women has inspired enormous media attention and speculation.

http://esotouric.com/bethelisa

All is just my thought

I'd like to know for certain if she was found nude. The interview posted earlier said they would address this as accident/suicide. But if she was nude that would change things.

Did she also have both her arms broken? Maybe she climbed to the top of that small maintenance building and decided to jump down on top of the water tank, but it wasn't covered, so she fell through and made a tremendous bang when her arms hit the rim. There was a "banging" type of sound noticed by one of the occupants of the hotel, wasn't there?

There are so many facts coming through and I would like to request for a volunteer who is very involved in this web forum to start a blog and catalog the known items and multimedia that has been collected so far for the rest of us to get our facts straight.

You've made a huge error in basing your theory off of this premise.

I'm married to a Chinese woman I met while working in Malaysia. Having spent countless hours with her (obviously) and her family and others in my travels I can tell you that Chinese women are incredibly strong willed and not submissive at all. I think you've confused being polite, hard working and treating others with respect for submission, which would be a horrible mistake, not only in this thread but life in general

THANK YOU. I have more asian female friends than any other ethnicity.. and they are some of the LOUDEST most opinionated, most energetic, and sometimes most un-politically correct people I know. Anyone raised by an asian mother also knows they know how to scream and throw fits of rage too. ;)

And I think there is no doubt about her personality after her own assessments that she needs to be removed from society before her 'big mouth' and lack of a filter causes her downfall.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #2

"I have a minor comment I wanted to make in regards to the amateur reporter with the funny hair mentioned on page 38 of the last thread. If you google his name, you'll find a mugshot and a record of some pretty heinous stuff, as well as his address, which is right around the corner from the Cecil Hotel."

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Universal_News_Network

I don't know if this is relevant, but I'm throwing it out there...

http://bit.ly/ZCiHs2

http://bit.ly/Y1xlGv

Re: missing clothes. If she went into the tank voluntarily, she probably would have removed her clothes first so she wouldn't be a sopping mess afterwards. That tank is right on the edge of the building and, 15 stories up during winter, it was probably windy. If her clothes were blown away, they're long gone. A homeless person probably picked them up off the street.

I keep wanting to give LE the benefit of the doubt and trust that they really think it was most likely an accident. That being said, I've been trying to figure out how this could happen accidentally, and be somewhat obvious as an accident, since it doesn't seem to have raised many red flags with LE. So, if I'm a young woman traveling alone, what am I doing on the roof? Probably checking out the view, maybe taking pictures to share online. Personally, I'm not sure I'd ever hang out on top of a water tank, but I might want to reach the hotel's highest peak, which would be that room next to the tanks. I'd probably eventually sit on a ledge to take in the view.

The ONLY thing that would get me inside a tank is if something extremely important fell into that open hatch. Considering there's still no lid, and the Cecil is one of the nastiest, irresponsible hotels I've ever heard of, I don't doubt that tank never had a lid.

Perhaps while she sat on the ledge above the tanks, she dropped her camera? Or her phone? If it was something important enough, is it possible she (being alone) decided to undress and jump in and out as quickly as possible to retrieve the item?

While in the tank (diving for the item), the pipes may have started suctioning and caught her by the hair, drowning her. If LE finds her head down, feet up, with her hair stuck in the pipe, AND with water in her lungs, that definitely looks like an accidental drowning, not a murder.

Haha it's not that bad, really. There are nice apartments right next door to the Cecil. The area once you go east is worse. Main Street used to be really bad 10+ years ago. Now it's become quite a bit gentrified.

It just makes me sick that the Cecil sees this tragedy as an opportunity to raise rates. Disgusting.

Could be also that they pre-planned to raise rates. Or they could have had less occupancy, and needed to raise rates to meet their revenue expectations.

After reading my own comment, my gut tells me she went there to meet up.
She was lured there to meet someone.
No way in hell at 20, I would have ventured there alone. She was Canadian also-traveling to another country. Again, just my gut.

Stay advertises itself as a hip European style hostel. When I lived down there I would routinely see young 20-something foreign tourists coming out with backpacks on who looked like they were in town traveling. Elisa would fit right in.

Stay advertises itself as a hip European style hostel. When I lived down there I would routinely see young 20-something foreign tourists coming out with backpacks on who looked like they were in town traveling. Elisa would fit right in.

Still looks very creepy and skid row to me. :twocents:

There is a poster here named 'smeinzer' who stayed at the Cecil Hotel (stay at main hotel) during Feb.7th to the 10th.

smeinzer reported the security guards may have been hired from a 3rd party security company due to their jacket logos.

smeinzer also mentioned only seeing security hang around on the lobby floor.

I was there too and only recall seeing security in the lobby. Mind you I would have felt even more unsure of the place if they were on my floor. A hotel I worked at would only have security in the lobby in the evening, and at night they would do a walk around or two. But otherwise, they'd be in the lobby.

I'd like to know for certain if she was found nude. The interview posted earlier said they would address this as accident/suicide. But if she was nude that would change things.
Did she also have both her arms broken? Maybe she climbed to the top of that small maintenance building and decided to jump down on top of the water tank, but it wasn't covered, so she fell through and made a tremendous bang when her arms hit the rim. There was a "banging" type of sound noticed by one of the occupants of the hotel, wasn't there?

There are so many facts coming through and I would like to request for a volunteer who is very involved in this web forum to start a blog and catalog the known items and multimedia that has been collected so far for the rest of us to get our facts straight.

According to the www.examiner.com article Elisa was found naked in the huge water cistern...I have not found anything about her clothes...But from what I've read, her body blocked the drainage cap and therefore emitted her de-composing bodily fluids, etc, directly into the water supply

The loud banging I believe came from the water pipes being blocked, backed up when she was discovered in the cistern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme