CA - Cash App Creator, Bob Lee, Stabbed to Death, San Francisco, Apr 2023 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry, not sorry. jmo, but that appeared to be cold and cruel.

Bob Lee's loved ones will never get the chance to celebrate a birthday with Bob Lee again. Bob Lee was young too.

From the missionlocal article:

His mother, Mahnaz Tayarani Babai, who has attended all of Momeni’s court hearings, appeared in court with three others. When Momeni stepped into the courtroom, they waved mini balloons and held up a poster that read “Happy Birthday my sun.”

After the hearing, his mother offered up a homemade sponge cake, but Momeni was not permitted to have any. Instead it was distributed in the courthouse hallway to those present.

Asked how old her son was turning, his mother said simply: “He’s young.”

BBM

But now, when Momeni goes to trial in two weeks — his trial start date was just delayed from September 16 to September 18 — his defense team plans to argue, apparently, that Lee stole the kitchen knife from Momeni's sister's apartment, and that a poor police investigation is the reason that none of Lee's DNA or finngerprints were found on the handle of the knife, only Momeni's.

7 SEPTEMBER 2024

The man charged with murder in the 2023 stabbing of tech executive Bob Lee is expected to take the stand and claim he killed Lee in self-defense, according to court documents detailing the coming trial.

Published Sep. 05, 2024 • 4:31pm

If that is what happened, why didn't Nima Momeni call 911 to report what happened as he drove away and left Bob Lee to bleed to death?

The prosecution has evidence of a motive, IMO, which is the text that Khazar Momeni (Nima's sister) sent to Bob Lee about Nima being hard on Bob Lee, or something like that, that night at her apartment. Obviously he wasn't happy about something, perhaps Khazar taking drugs and spending time with Bob Lee. We'll never know what really happened between Bob Lee and Khazar, because Khazar will cover for her brother.

Also, how would Bob Lee have access to Khazar's kitchen to get a knife and conceal it when he left for the drive home by Nima? I would think that it is more likely that a family member, in this case Nima, would have access to walk around Khazar's apartment and go into the kitchen and get a knife to take with him on the drive home.

I wonder if Bob Lee's fingerprints were on the knife, along with Nima's fingerprints?

Also, didn't neighbors at Nima's apartment building/condo building say that Nima was acting strangely during that time period? I guess Nima's defense attorney will argue that he was upset by what happened. But note that for days he didn't try to contact LE to tell them he acted in self-defense.

I don't remember the other evidence against Nima, but the prosecution will do a good job, I think, in securing justice for Bob Lee. He won't be found not guilty, IMO, at a minimum it will be involuntary manslaughter and he will serve prison time.

BBM

But now, when Momeni goes to trial in two weeks — his trial start date was just delayed from September 16 to September 18 — his defense team plans to argue, apparently, that Lee stole the kitchen knife from Momeni's sister's apartment, and that a poor police investigation is the reason that none of Lee's DNA or finngerprints were found on the handle of the knife, only Momeni's.

7 SEPTEMBER 2024

So Bob Lee's fingerprints weren't found on the knife.

And Khazar Momeni called her brother "pyschotic" right after the murder to LE.

And LE have some kind of video of Nima Momeni doing a kind of "pantomine" while conferring with his lawyer regarding the events that took place in the parking lot with the stabbling and him throwing the knife away.
I don't think Nima will be found "not guilty" by a jury. But perhaps the charge will be reduced to involuntary manslaughter?

Also, sounds like the defense attorney is going to argue that Bob Lee stole the knife from Khazar's kitchen at her residence that night, but if they don't have any proof of this, then it is pure conjecture.

Last edited:
@Sundog, my understanding is that the defense's claim is to argue that BL stole the knife from KM's kitchen at MTower, and jmo, dont know how they will prove that other than will she (KM) testify to a missing knife? Idk, it's speculation on my part.

This case is so sad. I feel such a loss for the Bob Lee family, didn't even know him. I really hope for some justice to be served.
moo

From the article posted upthread (reposted article for clarification)

Also, we're just learning that a San Francisco police officer surreptitiously took video of Momeni conferring with lawyers just prior to his arrest. You'll recall that Lee was stabbed the morning of April 4, 2023, and Momeni was not arrested for another nine days. He was arrested on April 13, after a week in which the media ran with headlines suggesting Lee's stabbing had been some random act, or a result of SF's crime-ridden streets.

Per the Chronicle, prosecutors say they have video shot by this officer that shows Momeni "pantomiming for one of his lawyers’ staffers — in a public parking lot — three stabbing motions and a gesture like he was throwing the knife away."

From the article posted upthread (reposted article for clarification)

Also, we're just learning that a San Francisco police officer surreptitiously took video of Momeni conferring with lawyers just prior to his arrest. You'll recall that Lee was stabbed the morning of April 4, 2023, and Momeni was not arrested for another nine days. He was arrested on April 13, after a week in which the media ran with headlines suggesting Lee's stabbing had been some random act, or a result of SF's crime-ridden streets.

Per the Chronicle, prosecutors say they have video shot by this officer that shows Momeni "pantomiming for one of his lawyers’ staffers — in a public parking lot — three stabbing motions and a gesture like he was throwing the knife away."

Well, that will be interesting to watch, unless the defense comes up with a way to supress that evidence.

Italic by me: Will not work for the defense. jmo

Prosecutors have suggested that Momeni stabbed Lee out of anger regarding his sister, Khazar Momeni, who had been spending time with Lee at alleged drug dealer Jeremy Boivin’s house earlier in the day on April 3, 2023. In a filing last week, they claimed Nima Momeni believed his sister had been assaulted that day, and that Lee may have had some involvement — even though Lee was not present at that time.

Nima Momeni ‘stood his ground,’ killed Bob Lee in self-defense, attorneys claim
9/18/2024

The judge also denied defense attorneys’ motion to exclude mention of where the alleged murder weapon came from.

Prosecutors matched the Joseph Joseph brand knife to kitchen knives also found in the condos of Khazar Momeni and her husband, where Lee and Nima Momeni had been just minutes before the stabbing.

The same knife was found with Lee’s blood on it, and Momeni’s DNA on the handle.

Update: Mission Local reports from the courtroom today that the trial did not quite get underway, but that the judge in the case, Judge Alexandra Gordon, heard pretrial motions from both sides. The prosecution scored some wins, including a motion to prevent Lee's nickname, "Crazy Bob," from being used in the trial. And the judge ruled that most of the evidence from Lee's multiple cellphones would be inadmissable as well. The defense reportedly tried to get the murder weapon removed from evidence, but the judge rejected that motion.

Murder Trial of Bob Lee Stabbing Suspect Nima Momeni Begins; Defense Claims Lee Had 'Flash of Aggression'

9/18/2024

Update: Mission Local reports from the courtroom today that the trial did not quite get underway, but that the judge in the case, Judge Alexandra Gordon, heard pretrial motions from both sides. The prosecution scored some wins, including a motion to prevent Lee's nickname, "Crazy Bob," from being used in the trial. And the judge ruled that most of the evidence from Lee's multiple cellphones would be inadmissable as well. The defense reportedly tried to get the murder weapon removed from evidence, but the judge rejected that motion.

Murder Trial of Bob Lee Stabbing Suspect Nima Momeni Begins; Defense Claims Lee Had 'Flash of Aggression'

9/18/2024
Is this a new judge, or the same judge who has been handling the case from the beginning, does anyone know?

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The judge in the high profile Bob Lee murder trial blasted defense attorneys this week for not properly filing documents, in essence keeping them from the public and journalists. ABC7 News I-Team Reporter Melanie Woodrow questioned attorneys and court staff about the issue, and the next day there was an unscheduled hearing.

Full article at link...

9/20/2024

Bob Lee murder suspect, Nima Momeni's sister, Khazar was subpoenaed to court today. The judge said in part she doesn't like to use this language but, "I am ordering you to return to this courtroom on October 15th." Khazar said she understood. She told me she had no comment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout
Back