CA - Cash App Creator, Bob Lee, Stabbed to Death, San Francisco, Apr 2023 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would have called 911 after driving off (and we don’t know whether this driver did, they may have — this report was just based on surveillance footage), but I would have probably driven off too. If you’re in a bad area, you’re on high alert to drive off if someone approaches. Ted Bundy used the ruse of needing help for an injury, so that wouldn’t have made me feel safe. You have to make snap judgments and you don’t have time to assess these things. Plus, if you do accurately determine the person was stabbed and needed help, that means they’re not far from someone with a weapon who wants them dead. Nope, I’m not getting out to help. I’m not sticking around either.

I actually had to do that once in San Francisco. I called 911 as I was walking away from a situation. A woman was arguing with a man on a busy street in the afternoon and was telling people to call 911. I wasn’t about to question her judgment on that, so I passed along the message to 911. But I was getting the hell out of there and not doing it in earshot.

Regardless of what happened here, energy should not be spent demonizing this driver.
If I was driving alone at 2:30 am downtown I'd be too scared to pull over in case it was a trap but I would call 911 ASAP.

I’ve been following this since it happened and, like some others here, didn’t feel like it was a completely random crime. I wonder what the relationship between Lee and Momeni was — were they both attending the same conference and met there? Or did they know each other prior to that? Total speculation but I have to wonder if perhaps Momeni was trying to start his own company and wanted Lee to serve as an angel investor — my partner started his own company and securing funding was an incredibly high stress job endeavor so I can see it sending an already unstable person over the edge. MOO.

Despite giving the impression he was running a thriving tech business, neighbor Sam Singer remained skeptical there was ever more than Momeni working there.

He told The Post: “I never saw anyone in there but him and one time a cleaning service. No employees ever.”

Snip

His neighbor Sam Singer told The Post Momeni lived in a loft, which was likely worth just shy of a million dollars, although property records showed it was rented.

In one of the videos posted above, a kitchen knife was found near the location where the blood trail began. It's not determined (publicly) whether the knife was the weapon. If this was a targeted assassination, I would think the perp would not dispose of the knife in the area. If the perp was in that vehicle, I'd think he take it with him and dump it elsewhere. I also think that if it was a hit particularly from a vehicle, a gun would be used...quicker, and no need to risk leaving the vehicle. For now I am leaning to some crazy drugged up individual who did this....for now.
If this was a targeted assassination, a kitchen knife would not be the weapon selected, IMO.

This is the Twitter account of the LA Times reporter who helped write the above article.

I wish calling the police wasn’t seen as a threat. I say that as someone who was a domestic violence victim. I remember one time getting yelled at by someone in my neighborhood, because I was on the street in front of their apartment building, talking or yelling loudly to my then boyfriend who was threatening to kill himself (or threatening me, it varied). I wish police had just shown up to help me. But to take personal responsibility, I was walking distance to a sheriff’s station at the time, so even if I was afraid to hang up the phone (generally always the case in those situations), I had options. Of course, I just thought of that particular option now for the first time, over 15 years later (after posting this — this is an edit). So sometimes we just have to look out for each other.

I also wish police would also stop accidentally killing victims of crimes or other innocent people, because you sometimes unfortunately do have to pause before calling police.

"Some manner of confrontation allegedly commenced while both men were in the vehicle, and potentially continued after Lee exited the car. Police allege that Momeni stabbed Lee multiple times with a knife that was recovered not far from the spot on the 300 block of Main Street to which officers initially responded."
bbm
from, Arrest made in SF killing of Bob Lee — tech exec's alleged killer also worked in tech
this argument, confrontation...how did they deduce there was this "confrontation" ?
is it an assumption?

If the episode was not planned, but as a result of a heated moment and Momeni threw the knife away, likely it had his fingerprints.?
Are they on file, even if this guy has no record? DMV or immigration ? (I'm an immigrant, mine are on file)

Likely also they went through surveillance cameras, access to and on the bridge for license plates #s, and additionally surveillance may have caught the guy in Emeryville, and entering his building at 3:00 thereabouts in the am.
Plus they probably had names of all the people at the conference

Just musing over how police may have identified him.

eta...stabbing occurred at 2:35 am...so 20 mins thereabouts to his home .

I thought of another possibility - someone who knew him may have turned him in and then LE immediately found probable cause. Maybe he ranted about what he'd just done to a family member.

It's even possible that he turned himself in. Plans to plead to 2nd degree murder, maybe.

This will be an interesting one to watch, I think.

IMO.

ive had to toss one at the airport because i forgot it was in my purse. my husband had to toss a few when we went to mexico
Same. I now keep a separate purse and bag for airplanes.

If this was a targeted assassination, a kitchen knife would not be the weapon selected, IMO.
I think the word is often used in LE and here on WS to mean "one specific person was targeted to die by the assailant as opposed to the assailant picking a person at random."

And people do take kitchen knives in their cars. Our best kitchen knife is too expensive for me to put it my car as a fixed blade, but years ago, I did use a kitchen knife for the same purpose (safety but also utility). Now I've accumulated more stuff. DH pointed out that having a hilt on the knife that protect my own fingers would be better for self defense.

I think assassination is very strong. They were in a car together. They probably had a falling out and Momeni had a knife.

I always assume everyone else around me is armed in some way, these days. And I don't have a sense of paranoia I just think it's possible. Even at school.

I am more concerned about the fact that the business run by Momeni might have been only in his own mind, he may have exhausted people's resources in trying to start, and felt that Lee was involved in his "failure" in some way. As when people blame their teacher or their doctor for their lack of knowledge or their illness. In that case, Bob Lee might have died trying to be helpful to someone and simply not performed up to Momeni's expectations.

IMO. Pure speculation.

Momeni’s sister Khazar Momeni, also known as Khazar Elyassnia, is the registered owner of a unit in the Millennium, an upscale Downtown San Francisco building, according to official documents. She is the wife of a prominent San Francisco plastic surgeon, Dr. Dino Elyassnia.

Snip

Police said at the press conference they had executed three search warrants and an arrest warrant in relation to the case. One search warrant was in Emeryville, where Momeni was arrested, and two others were in San Francisco. The Standard has confirmed that Lee stayed at the 1 Hotel at 8 Mission St. on the Embarcadero and has confirmed a search warrant was executed at Millennium Tower, at 301 Mission St. The tower is blocks away from the hotel where Lee was staying.

A search warrant needs probable cause before it can be signed by a judge and executed, right? And doesn't it need to be specific in what item(s) is /are to be searched for or seized?
I can understand Momeni's residence and the hotel where Lee stayed, but Momeni's sister's residence?

Momeni’s sister Khazar Momeni, also known as Khazar Elyassnia, is the registered owner of a unit in the Millennium, an upscale Downtown San Francisco building, according to official documents. She is the wife of a prominent San Francisco plastic surgeon, Dr. Dino Elyassnia.

Snip

Police said at the press conference they had executed three search warrants and an arrest warrant in relation to the case. One search warrant was in Emeryville, where Momeni was arrested, and two others were in San Francisco. The Standard has confirmed that Lee stayed at the 1 Hotel at 8 Mission St. on the Embarcadero and has confirmed a search warrant was executed at Millennium Tower, at 301 Mission St. The tower is blocks away from the hotel where Lee was staying.
Okay now I'm thinking the screaming woman was this sister and Momeni's time pretending to be a tech entrepreneur was over and perhaps Lee was his last hope at "making it".

Lee was stabbed to death in the Rincon Hill neighborhood of San Francisco early in the morning of April 4th. The moments following the stabbing attack were captured on surveillance video and in a 911 call to authorities, according to a local Bay Area news portal.

The surveillance footage, reviewed by the online news site The San Francisco Standard, shows Lee walking alone on Main Street, “gripping his side with one hand and his cellphone in the other, leaving a trail of blood behind him.”

Breaking News: The police arrested a tech consultant in connection with the fatal stabbing of the Cash App creator Bob Lee in San Francisco earlier this month.

SAN FRANCISCO — Nine days after the fatal late-night stabbing of Bob Lee set off a furious outcry over public safety in San Francisco, law enforcement officials said on Thursday that they had arrested an acquaintance of the prominent tech executive and would charge him with murder.

The police identified the man accused in the killing as Nima Momeni, 38, a tech entrepreneur and consultant whom family members said Mr. Lee had known personally.

The owner of an enterprise tech business in the East Bay city of Emeryville, Mr. Momeni was taken into custody there after an intense investigation that played out against heated claims that the killing reflected a city where the professional class was vulnerable to random attacks. Mr. Momeni was booked on Thursday morning into the San Francisco County Jail and is scheduled to be arraigned on a murder charge on Friday.

At a news conference, law enforcement officials acknowledged growing concerns about random violence and property crimes in the city but insisted that Mr. Lee’s killing did not fit that pattern.

Jake Shields, the professional mixed martial artist and a friend of Lee's who has raised concerns about public safety in the city, told Fox News Digital that he recognized Momeni and his sister from the same social scene but didn't know much about them.

Lee’s family friend later told The San Francisco Chronicle that the two tech executives are thought to have known each other through Mr Momeni’s sister, who Lee had recently gotten to know.

Snip

The Millennium Tower was featured on 60 Minutes a few years ago because of its problems.

301 Mission Street is a high-rise residential building[7][5][8] in the South of Market district of downtown San Francisco.[1] A mixed-use, primarily residential high rise, it is the tallest residential building,[5] and the 6th-tallest overall in San Francisco. In May 2016,[9] residents were informed the main tower was both sinking and tilting,[10] resulting in several lawsuits concerning repair costs and whether the tilt had been withheld from buyers.[9] The building is being modified in an effort to stop its sinking.[10]

A search warrant needs probable cause before it can be signed by a judge and executed, right? And doesn't it need to be specific in what item(s) is /are to be searched for or seized?
I can understand Momeni's residence and the hotel where Lee stayed, but Momeni's sister's residence?

CBS station KPIX-TV reporter Jocelyn Moran reported on CBS News that the suspect and Lee were recorded leaving the Millennium Tower condominium building together prior to the attack, according to a source close to the investigation.

An arraignment hearing for the tech consultant arrested and charged with murder in the stabbing death of Cash App founder Bob Lee in downtown San Francisco has been postponed, according to the district attorney's office.

Nima Momeni, 38, was slated to be arraigned Friday, but the hearing was pushed back to Tuesday, April 25, the district attorney's office said. No bail was set, and Momeni remains in custody. The judge will rule on the motion to detain at the upcoming court date.

Okay now I'm thinking the screaming woman was this sister and Momeni's time pretending to be a tech entrepreneur was over and perhaps Lee was his last hope at "making it".
That crossed my mind too. That incident was the night before right? If so, strange that she would cross the bridge to Emeryville in the middle of the night to find her brother in an apparent state of urgency. Whoever it was didn't know in which unit he lived, if she was banging on someone else's door? And how did she get in the building? I guess surveillance cameras may show whether it was her or somebody else.

He appeared at the courthouse Friday with a shaved head and wearing an orange jail issued sweatshirt, pants and sandals - but was not shackled.

Momeni was joined by several relatives, including his glamorous sister Khazar, who had her luxury apartment searched by cops Thursday following reports she recently became 'acquainted' with Lee.

Another relative in the public gallery flashed a heart sign at the suspected killer as he entered the courthouse, before his arraignment was delayed because one of the prosecutors was on vacation. He is now set to back appear in court on April 25.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb
Back