CA - Cash App Creator, Bob Lee, Stabbed to Death, San Francisco, Apr 2023 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

sds71

Reaction score
A man who was fatally stabbed early Tuesday near downtown San Francisco was tech executive Bob Lee, the founder of Cash App and former chief technology officer of Square, sources told NBC Bay Area.

The San Francisco Police Department said officers responded to a report of a stabbing at around 2:35 a.m. Tuesday. They found a 43-year-old man with apparent stab wounds, police said.

The man was taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries and later died, police said.

Police did not name the man, but sources identified Lee, who was serving as the chief product officer of MobileCoin, as the victim to NBC Bay Area.

Anyone get the feeling this was personal?

I will preface this with IMO:

- There are people coordinating maps of unsolved missing people in Austin, Houston, and San Francisco trying to connect the dots to missing men/murdered.
- I was talking to a patient who lived in San Diego said that it's not the best area and homelessness is super high. He finds it suspicious and thinks there is something strange about the case. Plus the guy had money and it 2:30ish in the morning on a walk.
- Reading up on the neighborhood it was nice until about the 60s then they built highways that cut it off and caused the area to become rundown. There are currently projects to revitalize the area and bring it back up.
- been reading up on reports that bystanders "saw nothing" when the police pulled up Bystander ignored dying Cash App founder Bob Lee as he begged for help

Last edited:

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Details of how tech executive Bob Lee came to be fatally stabbed in downtown San Francisco early Tuesday were scarce as friends and family continued to mourn the man they called brilliant, kind and unlike others in the industry.

San Francisco police found Lee, 43, on the sidewalk in front of a condominium building with stab wounds shortly after 2:35 a.m. Tuesday. He was taken to a hospital where he died.

Bob Lee, Cash App founder and executive at cryptocurrency firm MobileCoin, died after "apparent stab wounds," the San Francisco Police Department said on Thursday.

Lee served as the first chief technology officer at Square, a digital payment company founded by former Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey.

He ran up to a car and showed its occupant his stab wounds. The car drove away without helping him at all.
Very sad, this world we find ourselves living in.

imo
I know, and it may have helped him...I don't know. Sad, that a person can turn away like that (I know that).

Also reading in various articles that Elon Musk has made comments about multiple tech/crypto people being dead/assaulted lately.

"Tiantian Kullander and Vyacheslav Taran, who both died within the past fortnight, had fortunes estimated to be worth billions of dollars and are now at the center of new conspiracy narratives on social media, despite limited-to-no evidence that either died as the result of a plot against them or other foul play.

It follows only a month after millionaire cryptocurrency developer Nikolai Mushegian, 29, drowned in Puerto Rico."

Needless to say hopefully we find out details or have an arrest so that the family can have closure.

Last edited:
He ran up to a car and showed its occupant his stab wounds. The car drove away without helping him at all.

imo
I would have called 911 after driving off (and we don’t know whether this driver did, they may have — this report was just based on surveillance footage), but I would have probably driven off too. If you’re in a bad area, you’re on high alert to drive off if someone approaches. Ted Bundy used the ruse of needing help for an injury, so that wouldn’t have made me feel safe. You have to make snap judgments and you don’t have time to assess these things. Plus, if you do accurately determine the person was stabbed and needed help, that means they’re not far from someone with a weapon who wants them dead. Nope, I’m not getting out to help. I’m not sticking around either.

I actually had to do that once in San Francisco. I called 911 as I was walking away from a situation. A woman was arguing with a man on a busy street in the afternoon and was telling people to call 911. I wasn’t about to question her judgment on that, so I passed along the message to 911. But I was getting the hell out of there and not doing it in earshot.

Regardless of what happened here, energy should not be spent demonizing this driver.

San Francisco has become riddled with crime in the last few years. I used to follow a Twitter account that covered SF crimes captured on video, lots of smash and grabs.

This just happened to a CNN reporter in March.

I don't blame the driver, I'd be scared too. But of course, I would call 911.

imo
Have you been there lately? It's nothing less than stressful and I would be scared to death but I would call in. I don't blame the driver one bit.

Have you been there lately? It's nothing less than stressful and I would be scared to death but I would call in. I don't blame the driver one bit.
Yes, I have been recently. I was raised up there. San Francisco was once a beautiful city. It's a cesspool now. It's hard to see the beauty of the city, when you are tripping over the homeless, stepping in their feces, trying hard to avoid the needles and praying you don't get mugged or worse. For those who remember how it once was, its very sad to see what it is now. I understand being afraid to get involved, but thats just part of the decline.

But on the brighter side, Yosemite is a fairly short drive away. And it's beauty has been millions of years in the making, and hopefully will last millions more.
imo...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back