Identified! CA - Cauc or Hisp Female, 30-50, (Vineyard), Arvin, Kern Co, Mar'11 - Ada Beth Kaplan

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not registered to use FSO but I'd first confirm the date stamp when the two entries were actually made. Reportedly, volunteers were working with her family tree and distant cousins for three years so there are many possibilities here. However, if somebody made the entry on or near 3/29/11 -- that would be a huge red flag! JMO

Her family likely lost contact with her in 2011. But yeah, if the entry was made close to her actual date of death, whoever put it in should be questioned.
Did she date someone within this timeframe? Who was she associating with? The way she was killed is extremely personal. Overkill type, then removed fingertips to prevent ID and also posing her in a sexually explicit manner without her having been sexually assaulted. I think now that we know her id, it should be relqtively easy to find a suspect. Murderes only tend to remove fingertips, teeth etc. if a connection was easily made if the victim was identified, hence, it is all about preventing the ID first place.

Checked the address. The house was sold in 1995 and then again in 2000. Google images show it uninhabited and derelict looking im December 2011. Interesting it has aside from the recent photo only one more entry, which was 2011 in google. Not sure what to make of that.
I wish i could access if there are any divorce records of GM and Ada.

Jmoo

Ok....so riddle me this.... if this is the same Ada Beth Kaplan why is she already recorded as having died in 2011 in familysearch.org? 2 entries, march 2011 and dec 2011....and born in 1947? FamilySearch.org
Those entries were created on January 8, 2024. They used a newspaper article as the source. This happens alot with crime victims. IOW: Everything was created after she was publicly identified.

Deaths from public records won't be uploaded to FS for years.

NameAda Beth Kaplan
SexFemale
Age64 years
Birth Date1947
Event TypeDeath
Event Date29 December 2011
Event PlaceCalifornia, United States
NewspaperBakersfield Californian, The

Last edited:
Well I found their last address together in canyon county, CA. But those phonebook sites are notoriously outdated and do not take divorces into account. If he is still alive today, he would be in his 80s. I assume he would be questioned.
I'm seeing a house that was purchased in 1985. It hasn't changed owners since. (However, it does not mean the owner still lives there. Many owners keep and rent out properties)

You can put the address in here: Los Angeles County Assessor Portal

I'm also seeing an Ada Beth Kaplan in a West Hollywood apartment in 2001.

Both sources give her BD as Nov 1946.

Last edited:
I'm seeing a house that was purchased in 1985. It hasn't changed owners since. (However, it does not mean the owner still lives there. Many owners keep and rent out properties)

You can put the address in here: Los Angeles County Assessor Portal

I'm also seeing an Ada Beth Kaplan in a West Hollywood apartment in 2001.

Both sources give her BD as Nov 1946.
I found the Hollywood apartment. I have been trying to figure out when exactly she lived there? The dates with the house seem to overlap with what I found for the apartment. Did she move out of the house and into the apartment at one point? Assuming we are talking about the same house, I moved the Google street view to the left 1 space and got an October 2023 streetview of an elderly gentleman who appeared to be working in the garage of that house. Maybe it’s her husband? It’s been hard finding information about the husband aside from a few ranting letters to the newspaper (if that was even him being his name is rather common).

I found the Hollywood apartment. I have been trying to figure out when exactly she lived there? The dates with the house seem to overlap with what I found for the apartment. Did she move out of the house and into the apartment at one point? Assuming we are talking about the same house, I moved the Google street view to the left 1 space and got an October 2023 streetview of an elderly gentleman who appeared to be working in the garage of that house. Maybe it’s her husband? It’s been hard finding information about the husband aside from a few ranting letters to the newspaper (if that was even him being his name is rather common).
I get the impression she may have moved out. MOO..Unless the apartment was rented for business purposes.

However, the property could possibly be a rental property too.
It's changed too much in appearance since 2011.
Rental properties aren't easily identified.
(Just a thought)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l