CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Homicide investigators were questioning Gardner on Sunday evening, Gore said. It is not yet clear what charges he might face.

Gore said Gardner's Lake Elsinore residence had been searched Sunday. He also said the search for the missing girl would continue through the night near Lake Hodges, and possibly in other areas.

"We're holding out that hope," Gore said when questioned whether Chelsea is believed to be alive.

North County Times

Is it bad to hope he is one of those freaks with a bunker somewhere that he has her hidden in ALIVE?

I know that is naive thinking and the odds are completely against it given the 'evidence' that is being mentioned, but still...

According to addresses I've seen (and a slightly mistaken one) it appears he was arrested right out in front of Hernandez Hideaway!

Someone mentioned a creepy guy when they were biking back there recently...!

I've not seen anything saying he was registered there? Only that he was arrested there.

But yes, that's where Amber disappeared from and only one exit up the freeway from the park. (Escondido, not precisely where Amber vanished from)

the info i posted above came from a search in CA and I chose Escondido and there he was...so he must be registered there as well, maybe lived there at some point?

I've not seen anything saying he was registered there? Only that he was arrested there.

But yes, that's where Amber disappeared from and only one exit up the freeway from the park. (Escondido, not precisely where Amber vanished from)

I just got a lump in my throat. Amber LeeAnne Dubois was last seen walking to Escondido High School.

I'd really like to know what kind of vehicle this SO drives. LE had been looking for a red pick up truck.

Praying for them both tonight --

Does it mention where he was staying with his mother in proximity to the trails and where they found the evidence on the south side?

How could this man have done this at 2 p.m. in broad daylight so close to those homes without anyone seeing?! Where did he take her!?!?! sorry - I am angry and outraged that this could not have been prevented.

According to addresses I've seen (and a slightly mistaken one) it appears he was arrested right out in front of Hernandez Hideaway!

Is it true that his mother owns a home bordering the park?

I shutter to think what this pig might of done to Chelsea and possibly others. It just goes to show you...they look like everyone else. This one is only 30 years old ...you cant trust noone and again always take someone with you. Always. I know that we the public are not informed on the details of the case as they occur but Im sure her parents have been informed from the get go...no wonder Chelsea's mother had such utter dispair on her face in some of the pictures taken. My heart goes out to this family.

the info i posted above came from a search in CA and I chose Escondido and there he was...so he must be registered there as well, maybe lived there at some point?

They mentioned that his Lake Elsinore home was search as well as his mother's residence, which borders the park.

Yes, that was me. The guy I saw had longer hair.... his eyes look similar. I'll be interested to see a more recent picture. He was a big guy.

Does it mention where he was staying with his mother in proximity to the trails and where they found the evidence on the south side?

How could this man have done this at 2 p.m. in broad daylight so close to those homes without anyone seeing?! Where did he take her!?!?! sorry - I am angry and outraged that this could not have been prevented.

They strongly suspect he was the one who attacked the woman in the park in December. That also happened in broad daylight. It is the risk you take even on a well traveled trail. I remember a little boy who disappeared hiking with his entire family in Arizona in daylight - he turned a corner in a trail and they came around to find him gone. No trace. Also, that boy in Utah that was sent from the river back to the campsite, which was a matter of a few hundred feet I thought? Daylight doesn't protect you when you are alone. Judging by the size of this guy, even jogging with a buddy might not have helped her unless he chose to wait for another female jogger who was alone.

I'm afraid he didn't take her anywhere until he was all done. :furious:

It is strange, the timing, with Amber's disappearance February 13, Danielle Van Dam's body found February 27, and now this.

Yes, that was me. The guy I saw had longer hair.... his eyes look similar. I'll be interested to see a more recent picture. He was a big guy.

Did you see him anywhere near where they are searching?

He may have long hair by now. Who knows how old this shot of him is.

Is it true that his mother owns a home bordering the park?

I have seen that in several places, yes.

There is an individual with that surname living on a street that is very close to the park, yes. There are also two different ones with that surname living on the north side of the lake relatively up near the trail on the north side.

But given that they were intensively searching the south side and had the north side open to the public, I think if they had thought she was on the north side and/or abducted there, they'd have not allowed people over there by where those other two homes are.

But I'd say it's also not necessarily the case that the mom shares the surname. So that's complicating things. I'm going to look into the three names/addresses that seem plausible to see if there's a relative by that name.

Also, given that the other lady was attacked in the same area on the south side, I would also think that ups the odds that there is some residence on the south side he has a tie to. The one female I found there would seem to be a sisterly age versus a mother. I wonder if he has family on both sides of the lake?

Escondido High School where Amber disappeared from is on the opposite end of Escondido from the Lake, where he was arrested, and where Chelsea disappeared from...BUT it IS on the way to Lake Elsinore where he apparently still has some degree of a home from reports.

I have seen that in several places, yes.

There is an individual with that surname living on a street that is very close to the park, yes. There are also two different ones with that surname living on the north side of the lake relatively up near the trail on the north side.

But given that they were intensively searching the south side and had the north side open to the public, I think if they had thought she was on the north side and/or abducted there, they'd have not allowed people over there by where those other two homes are.

But I'd say it's also not necessarily the case that the mom shares the surname. So that's complicating things. I'm going to look into the three names/addresses that seem plausible to see if there's a relative by that name.

His full name is John Albert Gardner III, if that helps.

Here is another update - the article mentions that Gore said: “At this time it would be in the best interest for the successful prosecution of Gardner that the evidence not be revealed in a public forum.”

It also says that the suspect was arrested outside a restaurant in Escondido.

Source: Suspect Arrested in Case of Missing Teen Chelsea King | NBC San Diego

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...d-in-Case-of-Missing-Teen-Chelsea-King--.html

Did you see him anywhere near where they are searching?

He may have long hair by now. Who knows how old this shot of him is.

I saw this person in two different places. First walking with a black garbage bag Northeast toward the parking lot on the Northern-most finger of Lake Hodges. I then saw him 10-15 minutes later headed in the opposite direction (without the bag) on the hiking/biking trail just a few minutes from Hernandez Hideaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84