CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ps-i hate the thought of the coach telling the girls just a week ago not to run alone, if this is true as indicated in an earlier post...but teens do tend to think they are indestructible, sadly...

I don't know how much of it is thinking they are indestructible and how much is just making a not so wise decision. How many poor choices have we made 'in the moment' (so to speak) ourselves over the years but have never had anything bad happen to us? We've been very lucky. Some people just aren't. That choice to walk home in the dark instead of taking the bus because it's quicker, the choice to cut through a field instead of sticking to the road, the choice to help a stranger...sometimes we get away with things and other times those choices cost us.

In fact, I want to add that my brother and his bestfriend decided they had to have candy at 2am when they were only 10 years old so they snuck out of the house and down to the Circle K (at least a mile one way from our house). My mom had a knock on the front door (my dad was out of town) and answered it to a police officer with a boy in each hand. He told my mom, "Poway is a relatively safe town, ma'am, but I still wouldn't want to be taking any chances." That was in 1982. Not such a wise decision on my brother's part and he is very lucky that a cop caught them.

I realize that Lake Hodges is a Resevoir...Im trying to determine if it is BLM land or borders federal land etc? I also found it remarkable at how fast the FBI got involved. This was really out of the norm. I do applaude the parents for being ontop of it so quickly, but I am wondering as another poster asked earlier if perhaps the Feds were involved in some other investigation that pointed their focus on this missing Poway Teen.

I believe his parents may live in Escondido, basically across the bridge pathway on the north side of the lake. It's the area known as the Lomas Serenas.

The home is back just a bit from the northerly trail, but it connects with the lower trail that is what people run/bike (most of the time) on the north side.

It's a sloping hill down to the path if the home I've identified is correct, but it's very doable. I did it just a few blocks from there down to the lake often when I was a young child visiting a relative who lived over on that side of the lake.

KUSI 9/51 at 10

Family trying to remain hopeful that she will be found. That is their ultimate goal.

Deputies have been searching his parents home near Lake Hodges in the last few hours. They are also invesigating the previous assault as probably related, and stressing possibly, a tie to Amber Dubois.
I hope they are checking his computer, phone, etc. as well.

I realize that Lake Hodges is a Resevoir...Im trying to determine if it is BLM land or borders federal land etc? I also found it remarkable at how fast the FBI got involved. This was really out of the norm. I do applaude the parents for being ontop of it so quickly, but I am wondering as another poster asked earlier if perhaps the Feds were involved in some other investigation that pointed their focus on this missing Poway Teen.

Perhaps it has to do with our proximity to the border and them finding something that indicated from the get go that she had be abducted and so worrying he would cross the border with her?

I just read some chatter on a Facebook site in connection to this case that states 5 or so police units left the station where he was being questioned at a high rate of speed to his parents house. (I see no confirmation of this in the news, just on Facebook.)

Out in left field here. I'm wondering if LE is going to start looking in Lake Elsinore (assuming he still has an apartment in Lake Elsinore, that could be years old). If there is a way to check mileage on his car (gas receipts or oil changes, maybe), they could tell if he traveled a lot of miles recently (that's a shot in the dark, of course).

Work with this scenario: The suspect's mother's house is near the trails. She was not home at the time. The suspect attacks the missing person, takes the missing person home or to his vehicle, drives her to his apartment in Lake Elsinore (if he really still has an apartment in Lake Elsinore) leaves the missing person wherever and returns home. This can easily be done in about three hours. A little far-fetched, though, being as there are many places between here and Lake Elsinore that would be easier to leave someone. I'm sure they are checking his car, though. I'm looking at that access road and seeing several places a truck or SUV could make to the trails.

If any of this property was Federal Property it would explain their interest and involvement from the start. Interstate commerce or crossing state line is something that would come into play later when it was determined that someone took her and left the state. Or kidnapping is another thing that would involve the feds. Like I said earlier...there is more to this story to come. I hope they hurry up and tell us whats up!

Out in left field here. I'm wondering if LE is going to start looking in Lake Elsinore (assuming he still has an apartment in Lake Elsinore, that could be years old). If there is a way to check mileage on his car (gas receipts or oil changes, maybe), they could tell if he traveled a lot of miles recently (that's a shot in the dark, of course).

Work with this scenario: The suspect's mother's house is near the trails. She was not home at the time. The suspect attacks the missing person, takes the missing person home or to his vehicle, drives her to his apartment in Lake Elsinore (if he really still has an apartment in Lake Elsinore) leaves the missing person wherever and returns home. This can easily be done in about three hours. A little far-fetched, though, being as there are many places between here and Lake Elsinore that would be easier to leave someone. I'm sure they are checking his car, though. I'm looking at that access road and seeing several places a truck or SUV could make to the trails.

I read in one of the articles on his arrest that his residence in Lake Elsinore was searched today. He also received a vehicle code citation in the county of Riverside in January so it appears he travels between the two.

I read in the last news article on the perp being arrested that Bill Gore said that they were continuing to search many areas of the county for Chelsea...so I think he is saying something without saying something if you know what I mean.

Gardner, John Albert
Address: 1050 Rock Springs Rd # 103
Zip code: 92026
Crime: 288(A) - Lewd Or Lascivious Acts With Child Under 14 Years
Sex: Male
Date of birth: 04-09-1979
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Brown
Height: 6'2
Weight: 230
Race: White

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Escondido-California.html#ixzz0gtS9ioak

This is awful. If this address is correct, it's about 2 miles from Escondido High School, where Amber Dubois disappeared. Amber lived on Fire Mountain Place, about a mile in the opposite direction, and walked to school on the day of her disappearance. These addresses are all within a very small radius of each other.

For those not familiar with Rancho Bernardo and Escondido, RB Community Park is immediately south of and adjacent to the southern most part of Escondido. As I mentioned earlier, Kit Carson Park is in this southern part of Escondido (2 miles from RB Community Park), and there was a 17-year-old cross country runner grabbed while running in the park in early September. The description of the attacker provided in the North County Times fits the general description of the attacker from December and could easily describe Gardner. Was that another attempt by Gardner? I believe I may have seen Gardner at the girls softball complex at Kit Carson Park in the last 2 weeks -- I just can't remember what night it was. :-(

Escondido High School (and the other addresses in the Amber Dubois case) is about 9 miles north of RB Community Park. It's still very close, but it's the existence of the Rock Springs Road address for Gardner that sends chills up my spine -- WAY too much of a coincidence.

I sent an email request for the charges and this is what I got back. So sad :(

Arrest: 1
Charge#: 1
Bail Flag: N
Bail Amount:$0.00
Description:MURDER:FIRST DEGREE
Code:PC
Statute:187(A) PC

Charge#: 2
Bail Flag: I
Description:RAPE BY FORCE/FEAR/ETC
Statute:261(A)(2) PC

Bail Flag Codes:
Y or I - Charge is eligible for bail.
H or N - Inmate may not be bailed out on that given charge.
B - Bail is not required on this charge.

I read in one of the articles on his arrest that his residence in Lake Elsinore was searched today. He also received a vehicle code citation in the county of Riverside in January so it appears he travels between the two.

Riverside County is huge....can you define that to a smaller area of Riverside?

Gardner was charged with first degree murder (PC 187A).

This is not a good sign.

This is awful. If this address is correct, it's about 2 miles from Escondido High School, where Amber Dubois disappeared. Amber lived on Fire Mountain Place, about a mile in the opposite direction, and walked to school on the day of her disappearance. These addresses are all within a very small radius of each other.

For those not familiar with Rancho Bernardo and Escondido, RB Community Park is immediately south of and adjacent to the southern most part of Escondido. As I mentioned earlier, Kit Carson Park is in this southern part of Escondido (2 miles from RB Community Park), and there was a 17-year-old cross country runner grabbed while running in the park in early September. The description of the attacker provided in the North County Times fits the general description of the attacker from December and could easily describe Gardner. Was that another attempt by Gardner? I believe I may have seen Gardner at the girls softball complex at Kit Carson Park in the last 2 weeks -- I just can't remember what night it was. :-(

Escondido High School (and the other addresses in the Amber Dubois case) is about 9 miles north of RB Community Park. It's still very close, but it's the existence of the Rock Springs Road address for Gardner that sends chills up my spine -- WAY too much of a coincidence.

And then there's that other attempted abduction (well, I guess she was taken for awhile and released - a 12 year old) with a sketch that looked a bit like Gardner too, and that was in Poway...obviously that may fit in, as well.

If any of this property was Federal Property it would explain their interest and involvement from the start. Interstate commerce or crossing state line is something that would come into play later when it was determined that someone took her and left the state. Or kidnapping is another thing that would involve the feds. Like I said earlier...there is more to this story to come. I hope they hurry up and tell us whats up!
The property around Lake Hodges is owned by San Diego City and maintained by San Dieguito River Park rangers and volunteers. I have a feeling they found something early on that indicated kidnapping (and kept it quiet), thereby having a need for FBI. I agree there will be more, they're just keeping a lid on it.

Sadly, they must have some strong evidence if he was arrested for 1st degree murder and rape. I am praying for her family and for a miracle. I never wanted LE to be wrong more then I do now.

I sent an email request for the charges and this is what I got back. So sad :(

Charge#: 1
Bail Flag: N
Description:MURDER:FIRST DEGREE
Statute:187(A) PC

Charge#: 2
Bail Flag: I
Description:RAPE BY FORCE/FEAR/ETC
Statute:261(A)(2) PC

Bail Flag Codes:
Y or I - Charge is eligible for bail.
H or N - Inmate may not be bailed out on that given charge.
B - Bail is not required on this charge.

OMG. I wonder if they found her body to charge him with murder. My heart is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84