Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Bear area lots of cabins?
Could he break into one and stay held up?
If the weather gets cold, he could survive.

There's a Winter Storm Warning from Fri, 3am until Fri, 10pm PST in Big Bear -- which will make it more difficult to find him if he's holed up somewhere. But at least he's not out shooting people.

My guess is if he's there, he'll need to get out before the storm hits, or hunker down. Unless he has an all wheel drive, he'll need chains or snow tires.

My ex-bil has a cabin there for vacation purposes, and there are many around his that are empty. I know there's no one at my ex-Bil's house right now.

Scary!

Mel

So what if he listed a bunch of people in his manifesto... but never intended to target THEM?
What if he threw those names out as total red herrings?!

I can also imagine the surprise of the innocent people in the truck who find themselves being suddenly blasted by huge gunfire.

That's the problem,it is a public street and was not blocked off. It should have been. Are the only families who count, the families of police? Is it okay because these were "only" poor little newspaper deliverers?

Say it was a mother and three kids and they were all shot dead? I am very pro LE in most cases. But these are trained officers and if they are that jittery and just shoot up anything they think looks suspicious, then they need to quit.

Of course it is NOT okay. Obviously it's not. I am just trying to say how jumpy and frightened the cops are, in trying to protect the families.

They had no idea it was a couple of newspaper delivery people. No idea at all. So it is not fair to accuse them of targeted them for being 'poor.' It was nothing like that at all. It was a case of mistaken identity. The killer had already shot a Corona cop and two Riverside cops, so the protective detail was on edge.

[I am not objective because my son is in the process of being accepted into the LAPD academy. he has passed his poly and his written and physical exams. Now it is a waiting game and he goes to the 'pre-academy' twice a week to work out with the training officers. This has him very shaken up.]

When we first heard last night at about 8 pm PST that they were looking for Dorner in relation to the Quan /Lawrence murders, it was stated that they were looking for:

"Dorner is described as 6 feet tall, 270 pounds and “likely armed and dangerous.” His last known address was in La Palma. Dorner is believed to be in a Nissan Titan license plate 7X03191."

The article that was posted on this thread last night by JoeFromLB at post #47:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...icer-named-suspect-in-irvine-double-homicide/

I am not sure when the color of the NISSAN was made public but this morning there was this article saying:

"He has a blue 2005 Nissan Titan pickup with a license plate 7X03191 and is considered armed and dangerous, Irvine cops said in a statement tonight. He lives in La Palma. Update: Police as of Thursday morning report that Dorner probably switched plates on his gray Nissan Titan with a ski rack on top. Throughout California, freeway Amber Alerts were flashing "Call 911" if you see a Titan pickup with California license plate number 8D83987W.

From and with a picture of a gray NISSAN Titan: http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/...rvine_murders_lapd_randy_quan_monica_quan.php

So what if he listed a bunch of people in his manifesto... but never intended to target THEM?

The young couple he killed on Sunday night were targets of his.

And there is evidence that he went to the home of two other targets already, but luckily no one was home.

The Corona cops were shot at because they were protecting one of his main targets.

Dangerous character :(

... Every day some new chit is happening ... very depressing :(

But that's not true. He killed Monica Quan, the daughter of a former Los Angeles police captain who represented Dorner in disciplinary hearings that resulted in his dismissal.

She was definitely a target to hurt the police captain in the worst way possible.

MOO

Mel

He already allegedly killed a daughter of a person he mentions in his manifesto.

Do we have a map yet?
How far away is Irvin, Riverside and Big Bear?
TIA

This is most likely the route he took. Remember he started in San Diego (Point Loma).

map.jpg

MOO

Mel

ETA: it's approximately a 2 hour drive from Irvine to Big Bear (Riverside being the 1/2 way point). Of course you have to take into account traffic conditions.

This is most likely the route he took. Remember he started in San Diego (Point Loma).

View attachment 29650

MOO

Mel

ETA: it's approximately a 2 hour drive from Irvine to Big Bear (Riverside being the 1/2 way point). Of course you have to take into account traffic conditions.

I don't think he had any extra cars or hiding places ready for him in Big Bear. Because remember how he blew his attempt to take a stolen boat into Mexico? He was on his way out of the country. Then he got the rope stuck in the propeller and ran off and ended up in Big Bear.

I think he is flying by the seat of his pants right now. I think he is still in the Big Bear area and he might have a safe place to hide for now.

I don't think he had any extra cars or hiding places ready for him in Big Bear. Because remember how he blew his attempt to take a stolen boat into Mexico? He was on his way out of the country. Then he got the rope stuck in the propeller and ran off and ended up in Big Bear.

I think he is flying by the seat of his pants right now. I think he is still in the Big Bear area and he might have a safe place to hide for now.

I agree with you - I've been to BB many times and there's lots of places to hide out. He's probably already broken into a home. However, with the snow and the weekend, there will be many travelling to the area for some skiing. I just pray no innocents run into this monster. Is there a BOLO being broadcast to the residents (I sure hope so)!

MOO

Mel

If he's heading for Mexico, he's very confused because he's going the wrong direction completely. He's more apt to be going to Vegas. Big Bear to Lucerne Valley to Barstow...

Of course it is NOT okay. Obviously it's not. I am just trying to say how jumpy and frightened the cops are, in trying to protect the families.

They had no idea it was a couple of newspaper delivery people. No idea at all. So it is not fair to accuse them of targeted them for being 'poor.' It was nothing like that at all. It was a case of mistaken identity. The killer had already shot a Corona cop and two Riverside cops, so the protective detail was on edge.

[I am not objective because my son is in the process of being accepted into the LAPD academy. he has passed his poly and his written and physical exams. Now it is a waiting game and he goes to the 'pre-academy' twice a week to work out with the training officers. This has him very shaken up.]

I'm sorry katydid. I don't think the police targeted the newspaper people at all. I worded what I was trying to say wrong about that. I was just saying that their lives are just as important as anyone, including LE who they were guarding.

The main thing is they should have blacked the street off so this couldn't have happened to any innocent drivers. And they should have checked things out better before firing.

Also I put anything bad that happens at the feet of this perp because he started it all. He's the one who set this whole tragedy in motion.

Good Luck to your son. I hope he has a wonderful and safe career!

how far away is the mexican border from Big bear ?

If he could find transport, All he has to do is catch the I-15 and he could be at the border in 3 hours. It certainly isn't a stretch, and I hope the border patrol is keeping an eye out.

map2.jpg

Mel

are you guys listening t any scanner chat re Dorner? if so could i have a link?

View attachment 29650

MOO

Mel

But he didn't go to Irvine last night, he went from San Diego to Corona to Riverside to Big Bear.

If I lived up there I would feel like leaving. He may have broken into a cabin but I wouldn't count on him a) being able to stay there without supplies or b) wanting to stay there.

He needs a car and likely has more plans. He is going to be on the move at some point. Frightening as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28