CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In that document it mentions JY - do we know who that is?

Also found it interesting Mr Quon received a call around lunchtime on 7th Feb claiming to be Dorner, yet the call was traced to Vancouver Washington.

No clue as to who J.Y. is.

The document refers to him as a "known associate" of Dorner.

States that the U.S. Marshall's Service has been tracking J.Y.'s movements.

So, I had a thought. I know, not worth much...but still.

Dorner mentions The Walking Dead television show in his manifesto. Says he is sorry he'll miss the mid-season premiere. That mid-season premiere airs tonight, at 9 pm, in the So Cal area.

Bear with me...the episode will be available for purchase within 30 minutes of it's conclusion on Amazon. (I know this because I buy them, lol).

In his manifesto, he also says he's 'gone off grid', which may mean he can't be located by normal means - cell phones, computer access, et ctera.

I purchase, and watch, TWD show on my Kindle. Now, I do need internet access, but I'm wondering if he's going to watch TWD tonight...either after it airs (after 10 pm) or after he can purchase and watch it via Amazon (roughly 11:30ish).

All this is to say I'm thinking that perhaps he will make his presence known after the mid-season premiere.

Like I said...not worth much. But at this point, nowhere knows where he is, and that's a huge concern to LE and families...so I was just trying to think about when Dorner'd come out of hiding and resume his targeting and killing.

Best-
Herding Cats

I too watch TWD. :) Perhaps it is tied to the Grammys and the police presence tied to it, thus giving him a chance to strike out at one of his victims. In which case he doesn't expect to survive. jmo

No clue as to who J.Y. is.

The document refers to him as a "known associate" of Dorner.

States that the U.S. Marshall's Service has been tracking J.Y.'s movements.

In the manifesto, Dorner mentions a friend (mentioned by name) with those initials.

Unfortunately the above article is within their Premium Content arena and can't be viewed without signing up. Damn.

I was able to read it earlier. It's an Op-Ed by Rice. Rice is an attorney who represents LAPD officers who have grievances and/or disciplinary actions within the department.

I've run into the LATimes paywall, but I think that may be due to exceeding an amount of articles read. Not sure about that.

There is another Op-Ed in the Times by Hector Villagra, executive director of the ACLU of Southern California.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-villagra-dorner-beck-20130210,0,3235405.story

I've seen comments from Rice and Villagra in several articles.

JMO, but some of their comments are aimed to hold down any impulses to riot over the Officer Involved Shootings in Torrance. That's the last thing this situation needs (and I wonder if Dorner hasn't hoped for riots to necessitate further drain on LE resources.)

Rice and Villagra have both acknowledged that the LAPD of today has made improvements from the LAPD of the past. Both still have criticisms of the agency.

Mornin'..I know some people think this is funny-but I think that he is serious. And the way I see it, at least he is trying....more than most are doing! jmo
Did Charlie Sheen give out a new number for Dorner to call?

Cause his old one is still out there and the voice mail is full!
According to a report in the Daily Mail, Sheen had meant to direct-message Justin Bieber with his phone number. But it appears he must have used the @ symbol instead of "D" (for direct message)--meaning that every one of Sheen's 5.5 million followers could have seen the tweet.

"310-954-7277 Call me bro. C," Sheen is said to have tweeted before realizing his mistake and removing the post from his profile.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-57341701-52/charlie-sheen-twitter-fail-he-tweets-his-phone-number/
:floorlaugh:

His confidence must be shaken by now. He tried to steal a boat & failed. He dropped his briefcase & badge on the street. He dumped his ammo in a trash bin & it was found & turned in. Then he lost his truck & had to abandon guns and ammo.

He claimed to be a real Rambo type in his manifesto - but he's made too many mistakes. IMO, he's not as clever as he portrays himself to be. More of a show-off than a serious threat. Who in their right mind sends a list of targets to a tv show before they kill all the targets?

I believe the boat incident was a blunder but it sounds like the rest was intentional. A briefcase is too large of an item to accidentally drop. The video of him dumping the ammo and belt in the trash IMO looks like he didn't have a care in the world (and the location being directly across from a police station makes me believe he wanted the items found.) He isn't exactly trying to hide his intentions or his actions. He wants them known. This isn't a man who is worried about covering up his crimes. He wants recognition for them. I think he intentionally set his truck on fire as I haven't heard of any issues to his truck that would have resulted in such severe fire damage. He isn't in his right mind. His ramblings show us he thinks himself far grander than he is and doesn't like anyone telling him he isn't as great as he sees himself to be. He thinks we all care about what celebrities he thinks are good looking, what hairstyles look good on whom, and he thinks everyone is going to sympathize with his plight.

Details emerge in LAPD's mistaken shooting of newspaper carriers ( link )

In an interview with The Times on Friday, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck outlined the most detailed account yet of how the shooting unfolded. Margie Carranza, 47, and her mother, Emma Hernandez, 71, were the victims of "a tragic misinterpretation" by officers working under "incredible tension," he said.

[...]

Beck and others stressed that the investigation into the shooting is in its infancy. They declined to say how many officers were involved, what kind of weapons they used, how many bullets were fired and, perhaps most important, what kind of verbal warnings — if any — were given to the women before the shooting began.

Law enforcement sources told The Times that at least seven officers opened fire. On Friday, the street was pockmarked with bullet holes in cars, trees, garage doors and roofs. Residents said they wanted to know what happened.

"How do you mistake two Hispanic women, one who is 71, for a large black male?" said Richard Goo, 62, who counted five bullet holes in the entryway to his house.

With that many shots fired, I am amazed no one was killed.

I for one do not think/believe that the part that is getting the most attention in the manifesto (actors/politicians) was written by CD but added by someone and everybody is running with it cause it sells soap. But that's just me. I saw and read and posted the original and there is NO mention of CS or the other actors. But I guess it makes for good conversation even though its not true. jmo

Elected officials and law enforcement authorities on Sunday are expected to offer a $1-million reward for information leading to the arrest and capture of fugitive ex-cop Christopher Jordan Dorner.

The city of Los Angeles, law enforcement organizations, private groups and anonymous donors have all contributed to the reward fund, according to law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation. Authorities have already raised $500,000 with a goal of $1 million or more.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-manhunt-1-million-reward-expected.html

I for one do not think/believe that the part that is getting the most attention in the manifesto (actors/politicians) was written by CD but added by someone and everybody is running with it cause it sells soap. But that's just me. I saw and read and posted the original and there is NO mention of CS or the other actors. But I guess it makes for good conversation even though its not true. jmo
Yes, it was in the Google-cached original. (Since taken down.)

When you say that you saw the original, what exactly do you mean? Did you see it on facebook? Because everything else is posted from there.
Some of the manifestos posted are incomplete. I really don't think anyone is going to write and add to the manifesto-for what purpose?

any mention of the Big Bear Mountain command post being dismantled?

TIA

Yes, it was in the Google-cached original. (Since taken down.)

Do you know if it ended in the middle of a sentence like the long version available online now?

Thanks button wasn't enough.

Now, WHY would it end like that? Any thoughts, anyone?
Well, as has been pointed out by many, it's a rather "scattered" manifesto (understatement!) and I think that's just another example. Seemed in keeping with the rest of it actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx