CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear what you are saying, and as an avid off roader I thought the same thing. Theres no way that trail would have broke my jeep. It's rated as a green dot, or easy trail.

But the truth is axles break (and I have seen them break in circumstances that I didn't think would cause them to break) when binding occurs. Going from a patch of snow thats slippery to dirt where traction suddenly grabs.... as an example. if an inexperienced driver was using to much throttle, it's real easy to see breakage occur. (Theres a reason they call it rock crawling!!) All they need to do is bind at the wrong time and the metal will give. I can actually totally believe he was using to much throttle, caught traction and SNAP!

Also, Nissan Titans seem to be known for having a weak front end. Google Titan broken axle and you can see what I mean.

I still dont get why he lit it on fire though, and supposedly left weapons and his cold gear in it. Doesn't make sense to me....

Sorry one question... newb here... what does BBM mean? I see it alot in posts and have no clue what it means other than Black Berry Messenger... LOL I am a geek... I admit it.

Welcome!!!

I don't think he is on the mountain. I think the burning truck was a red herring. he has had a LOT of time to plan this-perhaps years...I do think he has several hide-aways already planned, probably stashed with food, mre's, clothes and weaponss. I think he can freely (and carefully) move from one place to another...possibly with disguises or changing of vehicles. I think these places will be near to, but not too close, his intended targets. I think he will hide out awhile, until there is less active search for him, and reduced LE manpower. I think he is keep[ing a close eye on the families of his perceived 'enemies' and will wait until people and families start to feel safe again. Perhaps future attacks will coincide with a future storm, or disasters...he knows he has all the time in the world. In his mind, he could wait years if he needs to. He waited all these years, stowing up injustices...whats a few more months? JMO
BBM
That's what I'm afraid of, and I know that's what LE is thinking. My first thought was that the burning truck was a red herring, but now I'm not so sure. Watching the news conference today at Bear Mtn, I began thinking that the manhunt there by LE is also a red herring; they are looking elsewhere, too, and considering other possibilities. I thought the search at Bear Mtn was a red herring since tourists are still there. If LE thought there were a threat to civilians, couldn't they force an evacuation? I noticed the mayor really didn't have a clue to the severity of the situation. He told LE to enjoy their stay. :waitasec:

BBM
That's what I'm afraid of, and I know that's what LE is thinking. My first thought was that the burning truck was a red herring, but now I'm not so sure. Watching the news conference today at Bear Mtn, I began thinking that the manhunt there by LE is also a red herring; they are looking elsewhere, too, and considering other possibilities. I thought the search at Bear Mtn was a red herring since tourists are still there. If LE thought there were a threat to civilians, couldn't they force an evacuation? I noticed the mayor really didn't have a clue to the severity of the situation. He told LE to enjoy their stay. :waitasec:

Like LE is enjoying anything right now. WTH

:welcome5:

Websleuths is a victim friendly website. We also work with LE whenever we're contacted and ask our members to post respectfully with regard to LE.

Please be sure to review the below links if in doubt as to what to post.

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Terms of Service Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,
fran

Thanks, Fran. I have 2 brothers who are/were LAPD. 1 ex BIL (OC PD), and one Nephew (Deputy Sherrif). My one brother is still active. I could tell a lot of stories, but I'm not going to. let's just say one brother moved to Alaska, and the other...well...nevermind.

This story is so unnerving, that all I can do is pray for a peaceful resolution, and my thoughts go out to those who have already been hurt, killed, or effected by one Christopher Dorner.

MOO

Mel

Just saw Charlie's message on the news over here. I know this is a terrible and very serious situation, but I couldn't help but LOL Go Charlie! If you can pull this off you'll be WINNING for real :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Just saw Charlie's message on the news over here. I know this is a terrible and very serious situation, but I couldn't help but LOL Go Charlie! If you can pull this off you'll be WINNING for real :rocker::rocker::rocker:

And suprisingly, I don't think it's a publicity stunt. I do believe Charlie is being genuine.

Please don't throw tomatoes!

Mel

I noticed the man talking in the video about being kicked had a line in the same place under his other eye, so I don't know if that's a scar or wrinkle. I haven't read everything, so I really shouldn't be commenting, but I have to wonder if this is the whole reason why he was fired. I need to go back and read.

Regardless, IMO this man NEVER should have been on the force to begin with. It's obvious he has had psychological issues all his life and I'm amazed he passed the evaluation.

I'm going to go to bed tonight, praying this is swiftly resolved and no other lives are lost before this ordeal is over.

I agree! Charlie cracks me up too. But I do think he has a heart underneath that goofy ego of his.

Someone mentioned steroids online. Does anyone think his personality and behavior could be due to steroids? Just asking as I don't think so but can cause some horrible behavior.

I think it's his own mind set as being treated badly his whole life by a lot of people as described earlier here & per his own words.

It could have been some weirdo out there who decided it would be "fun" or I wonder, can you use some kind of proxy or service to call someone and have the call appear to be coming from another area?

I don't think he's eventually going to Mexico. I think he's going to continue checking things off his bucket list and then when he's cornered, this guy is going to kill himself.

YES you can choose where a call comes from when you call someone.
You can have it come from a different state, a different name, whatever you want.
You can even have it alter your voice for you.

How traceable that is, I am not sure. But I get the impression it isn't real easy to decipher where it really came from.
And it is something a regular person can do... with or without the suspect's training.

JMO, but i think he's been off the mountain since the truck was set on fire, could have had a bike stashed there and a helmet. You didn't chains that day, it hadn't started snowing again yet and the roads were clear. If he had a helmet nobody would notice him. I think it is a diversion. It appears now that LE is saying they don't know if the axle broke on it's on our when they were towing it. How perfect, set the truck on fire with some survival stuff in it and everybody will come there looking for you, leaving you free to go elsewhere, I'm not a criminal but I think I might have thought of this on my own too.

bbm

I would seriously hope they would have looked over the truck a bit before towing it?
Check for other explosives, check to see if it had any serious damage...
If they are not sure when the axle broke, no wonder they are confused about where he might be. :twocents:

Someone mentioned steroids online. Does anyone think his personality and behavior could be due to steroids? Just asking as I don't think so but can cause some horrible behavior.

I think it's his own mind set as being treated badly his whole life by a lot of people as described earlier here & per his own words.

I have no idea if CD was on steroids..

But... He does seem to have beefed up even more in his more recent photos (JMO)...

And... A guy with a big chip on his shoulder... Coupled with steroid use... Could be a flammable combination...

JMO

I don't think he is on the mountain. I think the burning truck was a red herring. he has had a LOT of time to plan this-perhaps years...I do think he has several hide-aways already planned, probably stashed with food, mre's, clothes and weaponss. I think he can freely (and carefully) move from one place to another...possibly with disguises or changing of vehicles. I think these places will be near to, but not too close, his intended targets. I think he will hide out awhile, until there is less active search for him, and reduced LE manpower. I think he is keep[ing a close eye on the families of his perceived 'enemies' and will wait until people and families start to feel safe again. Perhaps future attacks will coincide with a future storm, or disasters...he knows he has all the time in the world. In his mind, he could wait years if he needs to. He waited all these years, stowing up injustices...whats a few more months? JMO

^^This exactly. He's had two years to plan this. Whether his axle broke on it's own or when they towed it, he was still headed to Big Bear for a reason. I don't think he is on the mountain. He's too smart for that. I think he will lay low for a while to tax their resources, and then strike again.

I think they need to stop treating him like a common criminal and start thinking about what they would do in his situation. He doesn't think like a common criminal. And I don't think that he would ever kill himself. I'm sure he is prepared to go down fighting.

^^This exactly. He's had two years to plan this. Whether his axle broke on it's own or when they towed it, he was still headed to Big Bear for a reason. I don't think he is on the mountain. He's too smart for that. I think he will lay low for a while to tax their resources, and then strike again.

I think they need to stop treating him like a common criminal and start thinking about what they would do in his situation. He doesn't think like a common criminal. And I don't think that he would ever kill himself. I'm sure he is prepared to go down fighting.

I would hope that is one of the things the FBI is doing.

I don't believe Dorner for a second. He's obviously physiologically disturbed and has been for quite a long time. He has murdered people and expects me to believe that he did the right thing by turning in a cop that kicked someone in the face? Doubtful. Somebody find him and somebody put him away.

I think he is already a hero to some. :(

It' s sickening. At some point it doesn't matter if you have good points or not ( not saying that he does at all ) but once you start killing people, it's out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newsboynyc