Still Missing CA - Classic (Orson West, 3) & Cincere (Orrin West, 4) Calif. City, *parents charged* 21 Dec 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see TW taking a plea deal, moo.

I’m praying that JW spills the beans to salvage whatever she can, now that the other boys have told LE what happened.

This is one of those cases that wrenches my gut, I feel very afraid to see the details eventually like it’ll leave the worst scar. Those poor boys, all 6 of them deserved so much better than this scum. I can’t wait for justice.

Hearing Date/Time​
Hearing Location​
Div/Dept​
Hearing Type​
10/14/2022, 08:30AMMetro Division - 1415 TruxtunRHREADINESS

Nothing has changed so far on the trial readiness hearing, hoping that means it will proceed on schedule.
Is that the same as a Status Hearing? Just making sure everyone is ready to go to trial?

Readiness hearing was scheduled for today. Checked the case record.

It had today's hearing listed. In addition it now says - Jury Trial 10/24/22. And two more entries- Readiness Hearing and Jury Trial, 1/20/23 & 1/30/23.

On my phone can't screen cap it.

OCT 14, 2022
[...]

The Wests, who were set to begin trial later this month, are now scheduled for trial on Jan. 30 after defense counsel said they were still receiving evidence — including thousands of pages of documents on information retrieved from cellphones and computers — and need more time to prepare.

Judge John W. Lua granted the postponement over the objection of the Wests, finding it necessary for defense attorneys to properly prepare.

Alekxia Torres Stallings, one of Jacqueline West’s attorneys, said they had received DNA evidence and body-camera footage and were awaiting the cellphone and computer evidence.

[...]

A gag order issued in March remains in effect and bars prosecutors and the Wests’ attorneys, investigators and court staff from speaking about the case.

Judge John W. Lua granted the postponement over the objection of the Wests, finding it necessary for defense attorneys to properly prepare.

Tired of sitting in jail? Maybe they are both looking forward to State Prison ...

As stated upthread, I pray that these two will plead -- and save their other rambunctious boys from testifying.

Comfort & safety for the surviving children!

jmho ymmv lrr

OCT 14, 2022
[...]

The Wests, who were set to begin trial later this month, are now scheduled for trial on Jan. 30 after defense counsel said they were still receiving evidence — including thousands of pages of documents on information retrieved from cellphones and computers — and need more time to prepare.

Alekxia Torres Stallings, one of Jacqueline West’s attorneys, said they had received DNA evidence and body-camera footage and were awaiting the cellphone and computer evidence.

[...]

A gag order issued in March remains in effect and bars prosecutors and the Wests’ attorneys, investigators and court staff from speaking about the case.
So, the Wests objected to their lawyers' request for postponement? How odd. JMO.

So, the Wests objected to their lawyers' request for postponement? How odd. JMO.
Maybe they are banking on "no body no conviction"? I read yesterday that in some parts of Austraila, where someone is convicted of murder without the body (i.e., Paul Flores) when they come up for parole, it is not granted unless they tell where the body is. I think they is awesome.

Maybe they are banking on "no body no conviction"? I read yesterday that in some parts of Austraila, where someone is convicted of murder without the body (i.e., Paul Flores) when they come up for parole, it is not granted unless they tell where the body is. I think they is awesome.

We have a law like that here in Utah as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416