CA CA - Coleen Harris, 25, from OH, went to Sacramento to see man she met online, his name & add were false, seen getting off plane, 15 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was trying to find any social media accounts for Coleen as she was an “avid user” (as per family’s statements) and even with the unique spelling variation of her first name, info is scarce. Odd for a 25 yo woman.

VERY worth adding that she also goes by Coleen Adam — not sure if that’s her husbands surname and she goes by her maiden name or what.

EDIT: She has recent accounts under the name Adam. Posts from her aunt seem to suggest they think she didn’t want to live in Ohio anymore. Her husband comments on one such post claiming that her family asked him not to speak about her missing for weeks.

Last edited:
What is known concerning the citizenship of Coleen's husband? Is he a British citizen living in Scotland?

Prior to the marriage, how did Coleen meet her husband? Did Coleen's family approve of her marriage or her husband?
From her Facebook account they have been dating a number of years and got married this year. Looks like a long distance relationship and then meet up every so often. Her husband still lives in Scotland and has done since his visa expired after the wedding. Coleen was planning on visiting Scotland soon but was having issues with her visa according to her husband.

I do know that Martins Ferry, Ohio is across the Ohio River from Wheeling, West Virginia.

If she took a flight to Sacramento, she would either would have to go to the airport in Pittsburgh or in Columbus.

Pittsburgh would be a 75 minute drive and Columbus would be a two hours drive from Martin's Ferry.

How did she get to the airport from Martin's Ferry? Does she have a driver's license or did someone take her to the airport? After arriving at Sacramento, how did she get around Sacramento from the airport?
I don't mean to sound rude, and I apologize because it does sound rude, by if she was seen getting off the plane in Sacramento, what does it matter how she got to the airport? Genuinely curious how that is important to her missing since she was last seen in Sacramento.

From the first post in the thread (from the linked article): "Officials confirm she got off the plane in Sacramento on November 15, but she has not been heard from since."

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
Some insight into her personality..

Relatives told 7News Coleen “was picked on in school,” and turned to the Internet as an outlet to make friends.”

[…]
It’s a mess,” said one cousin close to Coleen.

“She’s smart, but she lacks confidence and seeks validation from other people,” noted the cousin. “She trusts everybody. But we grew up watching Investigation Discovery. She knows better than this.”

[…]
“She’s smart but she’s kind-hearted and she believes everything she hears from people,” the cousin noted.

This makes so much sense to me and was where my mind was going. I was a late bloomer in many ways, I was bullied in school and didn’t have my first kiss until I was 21 (you read that right!) I took any attention (even abuse) I received from men as positive attention and yearned for it, even as it put me in bad situations. I was wondering if she har the same sort of experience as me.

I’m 42 now and happily married so luckily those days are far behind me.

MARTINS FERRY, Ohio (WTRF) Coleen Harris, 25, of Martins Ferry, told her family she was going to Sacramento, California, to meet someone she’d met online.

Officials confirm she got off the plane in Sacramento on November 15, but she has not been heard from since.

Martins Ferry Police tell 7News they have called in the FBI because this is an interstate case.

****************************************************************************************************
Respectfully snipped by me. The article from the first page of the thread answers a LOT of the questions being asked on the thread.

Airports are full of cameras. I haven’t seen any info about her being caught on camera once she got off the plane. Did she get a cab and leave the airport alone? I would think the person she was meeting would’ve maybe been picking her up at the airport??

Airports are full of cameras. I haven’t seen any info about her being caught on camera once she got off the plane. Did she get a cab and leave the airport alone? I would think the person she was meeting would’ve maybe been picking her up at the airport??
How long do they keep the images? She wasn't reported missing for quite some time.

Possibly, being a police investigation, this info is not being released.

JMO

I don't mean to sound rude, and I apologize because it does sound rude, by if she was seen getting off the plane in Sacramento, what does it matter how she got to the airport? Genuinely curious how that is important to her missing since she was last seen in Sacramento.

From the first post in the thread (from the linked article): "Officials confirm she got off the plane in Sacramento on November 15, but she has not been heard from since."
She would have to travel over an hour to get to the airport from where she lived. If she drove her vehicle to the airport, she would have to either park in the short term or long term parking lot at the airport.

To me if she did drove to the airport, whichever term parking lot she parked at would indicate whether she planned to take a short or long trip. It's also possible that after Coleen drove to the airport, someone else could have drove her car back home rather than parking her vehicle at the airport. Or someone could have drove Coleen to the airport, either a family member, friend, or possibly by a ride with Uber.

I checked with Google concerning airline flights going to Sacramento either from Pittsburg or Columbus. From what I can tell, there doesn't appear to be any direct non stop flights to Sacrament from those cities. She would have to connect with another flight at another airport to get to Sacramento.

How long do they keep the images? She wasn't reported missing for quite some time.
TSA keeps the images from the cameras used where they are working (such as the screening area and any rooms used for private screen) 30 days - unless there was a formal request to maintain that information from law enforcement. For cameras in the ticket counter, gate areas and boarding areas which are general security cameras - each airline may have its own standard operating procedures that dictate how long they retain CCTV footage. These policies often balance the need for security and investigation purposes against the costs of data storage and privacy concerns. Depending on any local regulations that dictate retention and the airline's policy, footage from these cameras might be kept for a few days to a month or even longer

Someone else here on WS asked a good question: what in the world kind of visa issue would she have with Scotland?? I read that her husband had a visa issue for the US, so maybe the reporting got mixed up somehow?

I looked online to see if US citizens need a visa to visit Scotland:

"Because Americans are known as non-visa nationals in the UK, to answer the question do American citizens need a visa for UK? They don’t. American citizens are able to visit for up to six months without a visa.

American citizens can visit:
  • As tourists;
  • to see their families;
  • to receive private medical treatment;
  • to study; and
  • for some business or academic activities."

Someone else here on WS asked a good question: what in the world kind of visa issue would she have with Scotland?? I read that her husband had a visa issue for the US, so maybe the reporting got mixed up somehow?

"Because Americans are known as non-visa nationals in the UK, to answer the question do American citizens need a visa for UK? They don’t. American citizens are able to visit for up to six months without a visa.

• As tourists;
  • to see their families;
  • to study; and
Maybe the plan was for her to move to Scotland? Might explain her darting off to visit a friend. Moo

• As tourists;
  • to see their families;
  • to study; and
Wouldn't they want to live together as a married couple, rather than just visit each other for 6 months at a time?

For that, you need a spousal visa, which can be trickier.

Not sure on the details.

JMO

Hey Everyone,
Join us at 10:30 PM Eastern on Websleuths YouTube Live.
Former Secret Service agent Jim Rathmann will join us to discuss Coleen's case.

I wonder what the circumstances are of this situation. At first I assumed she had met someone on a dating site or something, but looking at her FB she is married. Also her husband admitted he left it almost a month before asking for help to find her on FB. Maybe she did meet someone else and he was angry about that at first but now his concern has overruled that as it has been so long. Or is it something else entirely?
Interesting.

All good questions, sleuthers !

Since all major airports are heavily monitored by video cameras it should be possible to determine at least some of these facts. It seems logical LE has this information but I haven't seen MSM reports discussing these questions. If this "Mexican" man met Coleen at the airport then there should be video of them together. If Coleen left alone in a cab, the same should be true. In addition, if she did get in a cab, it should be possible to determine the identity of the cab driver and the location where Coleen left the cab.

I'd also like more information regarding the 'bad address' mentioned in this thread. By 'bad address' does that mean the address didn't exist or does that mean the address was a commercial building of some kind rather than a residence?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back