DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
literature exists on the abused children who grow up to kill their parents
1727320791747.png

When Kids Kill Abusive Parents​

1727320791764.png
Time Magazine
https://time.com › archive › when-kids-kill-abusive-par...

Nov 23, 1992 — It accounts for about 2% of all homicides, around 300 cases a year. Most of those involve teenagers who kill abusive parents. Though the numbers ...

Parricide, when a child kills his or her parent, is an act that naturally receives much attention in the media.Jan 27, 2006
1727320827255.png

Escaping A Life Of Abuse: Children Who Kill Their Batterers ...​

does not mean, IMO, that they are psychologically "OK" afterward or that they should live free, but it gives you the understanding that at age 18 or 20 or maybe even later they finally "rebel" and it is cataclysmic. Sometimes the turn about comes so many years later that it is almost incomprehensible:
1727321196371.png

N.J. Man Admits To Stabbing Boy Scout Leader He Says ...​

1727321196380.png
CBS News
https://www.cbsnews.com › CBS New York › Local News

Jun 17, 2015 — As CBS2's Dave Carlin reported, Clark Fredericks, 49, admitted to the stabbing that killed Dennis Pegg, who was his Boy Scout leader and a ...

The one positive thing about Monsters (along with good acting and a few good moments) is that it has brought more public interest to the case. More people are researching it and want to know more. On the negative side, it has brought a lot of strange pro-prosecution people out of the woodwork, especially on YouTube.

I read about the trial at the time, and at no time did I believe the stories from the brothers that their parents were abusive. It seemed obvious at the time that the brothers were unhappy with the high expectations set by their father, and they wanted their parents' money without the work.

Easy way out - kill their parents, forget about studying and working, and enjoy the easy life.

Their lawyer was creative in terms of concocting a defence, but neither brother played the victim role well.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I found the belligerence at the beginning of the series offensive. I was in another room listening, and then all this loud swearing and shouting. It was ugly enough to turn off the TV.

It was maybe too dramatic, but it got everyone's attention - and it is drama, not documentary.

Last edited by a moderator:

9/26/24
Would the brothers like to participate in a documentary about their plan to murder their parents; clear the air? If they don't like the dramatization, perhaps they'd like to make corrections?

Blame public opinion during trial on crime writer Dominic Dunne, or give public opinion some credit?

After blowing their parents' brains out, they went on spending sprees.

"On the evening of 20 August 1989, José and Kitty Menéndez were watching TV in the den of their Beverly Hills mansion when their two sons, Lyle and Erik, entered the room carrying 12-gauge shotguns.

Police sources told the Los Angeles Times that a gun barrel was thrust into José’s mouth after he’d already been shot four times, and a final blast blew off the back of his head. Kitty, who was shot 10 times, attempted to crawl away while her sons reloaded, before receiving a fatal blast to the cheek.

Hours later, the older brother, Lyle, called 911, sobbing to the dispatcher: “Somebody killed my parents!”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back