CA - Court upholds Menendez brothers' convictions

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kitty started doing her son's homework early on. Of course, the robberies were not pranks but that's how they viewed them. It shows their lack of maturity. Again, if you watch the trial, the brothers' teachers testified that Lyle and Erik were terrified if they got a poor grade; Lyle once said that his father would kill him if he didn't make the headmaster's list and Erik would cry if he received a poor grade. Erik's teachers described him as a fearful child.

Again, the parents were massively controlling. They also encouraged their sons to lie, cheat, and steal, basically anything to win (Jose and Kitty were known to do this themselves), just don't get caught. Jose was more upset that Lyle and Erik were caught for the burglaries, not the fact that they stole. He had no intention of letting his sons go, even if he took them out of the will. Jose told his sons that they were disinherited in the spring of 1989; the killings happened in late August. If they wanted to kill their parents for money, it would have been earlier. The money motive simply does not hold up, and the prosecution was never able to prove it.

Jose and Kitty were abusive, frightening parents and terrible role models. Grown men were afraid of Jose. That should tell you something.

[bbm]

that shows they were lying and manipulating people from a young age, like most sociopaths

I highly doubt they’d reoffend if released. They have both been model prisoners and have had years of intense therapy

There were only 2 burglaries. Only 1 in which both brothers were involved with. They did not commit these burglaries on their own, they were with a group of Erik’s friends from Calabasas/Beverly Hills High. Including one friend that the prosecution used (Craig Cignarelli). Before being caught, they felt guilty and tried returning the stolen items, but accidentally returned the items to the wrong home. Hardly the sign of sociopaths

As far as I’m aware, none of the doctors or experts have ever said that either brother is a sociopath
At minimum, I think they would become involved in financial scams and crimes to make money. Otherwise how will they support themselves.

I believe they still have no remorse or conscience, which makes them susceptible to committing murder again if they felt it necessary to further a personal goal. JMO

Have they been through any kind of review by a parole board? Has anyone examined, tested and reviewed their record in prison to see where they stand? Any standardized personality tests?

Celebrity opinions don’t count. JMO

Years ago, I recall a news program where Lyle expressed regret that he couldn't shield his brother Erik from their father's abuse. But that was it. I don't ever recall seeing either one of them ever publicly expressing regret for slaughtering their parents. Not once. I think this is very telling, and frightening too. JMO

Years ago, I recall a news program where Lyle expressed regret that he couldn't shield his brother Erik from their father's abuse. But that was it. I don't ever recall seeing either one of them ever publicly expressing regret for slaughtering their parents. Not once. I think this is very telling, and frightening too. JMO
They expresses remorse during their testimonies. They have done so interviews as well. They did love their parents.

They expresses remorse during their testimonies. They have done so interviews as well. They did love their parents.
Why should they express remorse for using lethal force to defend their lives? Go onto YouTube and watch the videos of Gary Plauche blowing away the guy who raped his son and then read the comments. Is anyone suggesting Plauche should be remorseful? I BTW have never seen or heard Lyle express remorse, he has repeatedly stood by his belief that Jose was a child rapist who would've killed him.

Sure ... and Lyle also said many things in 2.5 years of recorded conversations with Nora that negated those "expressions of remorse" said in Court to the point he could not testify at his second trial! I was one of many that fell for the exaggerations and lies, and felt had.

Respectfully, I never said they did not love their parents, I said I never heard any expression of remorse for brutally slaughtering them as they sat defensively in front of their television. I suggest OP watch the full testimony of the ME to grasp the reality of what happened to them.

IMO, L & E had their entire adult lives in front of them on Aug 29, 1989-- to walk away forever, "escape" from their "evil parents," live free of abuse, but chose otherwise -- they went for the GOLD because the thought they could get away with it.

I think my time was best spent watching 2 hours or part 1 of the ME, Dr. Golden's, testimony about the victims versus the Netflix dramatization. The parties agreed to admit two photos by the ME and body diagrams for illustration purposes. The photo of Mom, Kitty and her wounds is absolutely shattering. No words can explain... :(:mad:... Cowards. MOO

Sure ... and Lyle also said many things in 2.5 years of recorded conversations with Nora that negated those "expressions of remorse" said in Court to the point he could not testify at his second trial! I was one of many that fell for the exaggerations and lies, and felt had.

Respectfully, I never said they did not love their parents, I said I never heard any expression of remorse for brutally slaughtering them as they sat defensively in front of their television. I suggest OP watch the full testimony of the ME to grasp the reality of what happened to them.

IMO, L & E had their entire adult lives in front of them on Aug 29, 1989-- to walk away forever, "escape" from their "evil parents," live free of abuse, but chose otherwise -- they went for the GOLD because the thought they could get away with it.
Nothing he told Novelli damaged his credibility regarding the abuse or why he and Erik killed their parents. You can buy a book of the transcripts. 95% of the transcripts are boring and have very little to do with the case.

There are many reasons why people who are abused feel that they cannot leave the situation. As I said, the prosecution was never able to prove that the killings were financially motivated, it was simply a theory that they put forth. Again, Dr. Irwin Golden stated during cross-examination that the parents were most likely standing when they were shot.

Why should they express remorse for using lethal force to defend their lives? Go onto YouTube and watch the videos of Gary Plauche blowing away the guy who raped his son and then read the comments. Is anyone suggesting Plauche should be remorseful? I BTW have never seen or heard Lyle express remorse, he has repeatedly stood by his belief that Jose was a child rapist who would've killed him.
I'm just stating that they have expressed remorse. They loved their parents and have stated that they miss them. Lyle specifically said in his direct-examination in the first trial, regarding his father, "I miss the bond that I had with him." Like I said, it's complicated because their parents were a major presence in their lives. Erik has stated that he is ashamed and of what he did and feels bad that his family had to testify (especially in the first trial, which was televised) because they are very private people. The majority of their family members support them says a lot.

MOO

O.k., I have Paul Mones' book somewhere. I just went and looked for it but couldn't find it. He said most children who kill abusive parents don't feel remorse, they get it that they were defending their lives. Mones makes the point that we wouldn't expect remorse from a kidnap victim who'd used lethal force against an abductor. Being born into it is worse.

I've heard Lyle's post conviction interviews and as far as I know he's stood by his belief that Jose would rather have been charged with murder than child sexual abuse. I'm not sure why anyone would be expected to feel remorse for killing a child rapist. As for that these children loved their parents, I mean, yeah, Stockholm Syndrome.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymousangel444
Back