Found Deceased CA - Courtney Bryan, 32, & dog, Booch, Hunt Hot Springs, Shasta-Trinity National Forest, 23 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MillerEP

Reaction score
245191301_10223493498618423_7497952393372493283_n.jpg

https://twitter.com/aware_the/status/1446654337074216966

I also know how to get in touch with one of her sister's if anyone has any additional information.

Last seen 9/23/21 @ Hunt Hot Spring, then ping from car 9/23/21 @ 6:30pm in Redding:

upload_2021-10-11_17-41-15.png

Then possible sighting Gardnerville NV on 10/2/21:

upload_2021-10-11_17-39-53.png

So 9 days after Redding to possible sighting in Gardnerville. Wonder if she liked to gamble and could have stopped in Reno for a while?

At the link below, Courtney's sister asks people to help via a Tik Tok video made on October 9.

Her sister said the last time Courtney was seen was on September 23rd at the Shasta National Forest. At the link, there is an Instagram photo that Courtney posted on September 23rd while at Hunt Hot Spring. Her sister said no calls or texts have been sent from Courtney's phone since then.

Her sister makes no mention of the car ping in Redding, California or the possible sighting in Gardnerville, Nevada. Am I the only one worried that something happened to Courtney and her dog in the Shasta National Forest and someone else was driving her car the same day in Redding, California?

TikTok

Last edited:
There's a little more info in this article - guess my post asking about stopping in Reno to gamble doesn't fit because she lives in Reno:

“She’s a free spirit and would often travel alone,” her sister Katana Curven told Dateline. “But she would’ve let us know when she was coming back. She would’ve checked in with somebody.”

Katana told Dateline that Courtney, who lives in Reno, Nevada, went to work on September 22 at Patagonia, where she works in the repairs department. She had planned to take the next few days off for bereavement, because their grandfather had died a week earlier on September 16.

“It makes sense that she wanted to get away,” Katana added. “But she would’ve been back by now. She wouldn’t let us worry.”

So when Courtney didn’t return to work on September 27 as planned, her family knew something wasn’t right. With the help of phone records, they discovered Courtney’s last calls and texts were made on September 23 from Shasta-Trinity National Park, California.

<and>

Katana told Dateline that Booch is a black and white border collie wolf mix who goes everywhere with Courtney. Katana said her sister goes hiking often and is an avid climber. She added that Courtney also has a cat, who was found at her home in Reno.

“She left her cat here at her apartment, so I know she was planning on coming back,” Katana said. “She loved her animals. And her plants. And would never leave them like this.”

Search continues for Reno woman and her dog after they vanished from Shasta-Trinity National Park last month

From the same article that Unsolved linked to above, "Katana told Dateline her sister had called a former boyfriend to get directions to Hunt Hot Springs in Shasta-Trinity National Park, which is where she took her last Instagram photo. Her last text was to a friend at 9:03 p.m. that same day. It was simply a link to a song on Spotify."

I'm relieved to know the ping in Redding, California was not from someone else driving Courtney's car on September 23rd. I read the Google reviews of Hunt Hot Springs when I saw that was the last place Courtney had been. Many of the reviews talk about the sketchiness of what goes on at the hot springs: lots of partiers, drug use, graffiti, car break-ins, gas siphoning, piles of trash, etc. The fact that Courtney made it safely out of Hunt Hot Springs is very good.

No word from Courtney since then is obviously very concerning.

Last edited:
Search continues for Reno woman and her dog after they vanished from Shasta-Trinity National Park last month
courtney_ig.jpg

Courtney Bryan’s last Instagram post depicts the 32-year-old gazing at the camera as she floats in the waters of the serene Hunt Hot Springs in Shasta-Trinity National Park, California.
courtney_dog.jpg

Courtney is described as being 5’7” tall and weighs about 120 lbs., with blonde hair and blue eyes. She has two tattoos, a star on the inside of her right wrist and a geometric honeycomb on her calf.

The photo from the Hot Springs looks like end of day Sunlight also the angle of the sun...

It would seem she went there first, then the forest? Or does the article mean the Hot Springs was in the forest??

Her last text was at 9:02 pm from the Forest - "Bryan’s last phone calls and texts were in the national forest, including one at 9:03 p.m. on Sept. 23 to a friend that just included a link to a Spotify song."

That's pretty late IMO to be in a forest, I hike a lot and 9:02pm would be super dark..so this is confusing to me?

If she had headlamp and gear and was hiking then ok but ....

I want to know more about that last text to the friend and the song...

Her sister's Tiktok is super sad :(

Last edited:
The photo from the Hot Springs looks like end of day Sunlight also the angle of the sun...

It would seem she went there first, then the forest? Or does the article mean the Hot Springs was in the forest??

Her last text was at 9:02 pm from the Forest - "Bryan’s last phone calls and texts were in the national forest, including one at 9:03 p.m. on Sept. 23 to a friend that just included a link to a Spotify song."

That's pretty late IMO to be in a forest, I hike a lot and 9:02pm would be super dark..so this is confusing to me?

If she had headlamp and gear and was hiking then ok but ....

I want to know more about that last text to the friend and the song...

Her sister's Tiktok is super sad :(
Yes, I’m very interested in what the song was, could tell a lot—or nothing—about her mental state.

Currently working on something to help Courtney its early stages but we'll see where it goes

would be better if she was found before we do it though

i know Courtneys sister was interviewed by NBC Dateline recently so that will hopefully help with the media attention

you rang? :p

Reno police are working with California agencies to locate a missing 32-year-old woman.

Courtney Bryan, a Reno resident, was reported missing by her family after she didn't return from a planned trip to Hunt Hot Springs in Redding, Calif., police said in a news release Wednesday.

More at Reno police, TikTok users join search for woman missing in California

Sadly, I'm concerned that this is a case of self-harm. I hope I'm wrong. Lots of life to go for this young lady.
I’m worried about that too, but it’s hard to imagine her harming the dog. I’m mildly skeptical that he’s half wolf, but perhaps if so she thought he could make it on his own.

My #1 theory is accident, followed by self-harm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back