Found Deceased CA - Courtney Bryan, 32, & dog, Booch, Hunt Hot Springs, Shasta-Trinity National Forest, 23 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I see the words "National Park" and I get a sinking feeling in my stomach. I hope that she and her pup are just taking a mental health vacation from the world and will return soon.

For what it's worth, the Shasta-Trinity National Forest is not a National Park. It's managed by the USFS and not the National Park Service.

I just read a story (sad) about a woman who jumped into a hot spring in Yellowstone Park to rescue her dog after it jumped in. She's in hospital with severe burns. The dog died. Could something like this have happened here? Border collies do like playing in water. Is this hot springs remote or too small to have those kinds of accidents? Apparently, the water can be 170 degree F.

New pic of Courtney I love!
cg4z0v0docs71.jpg

I still want to know if the camera footage in Redding was going South or North at 6:02pm.

The photos from the Hot Springs looks like late afternoon. Based off the sun. The Hot Springs are North of Redding …

The last text at 9:02pm was from the forest area so that puts her back up North.

I still don’t think self harm lMO - l believe she met with foul play. Seems she loves her fur babies - l doubt she would have abandoned the cat …without notifying someone to feed the kitty …etc

The Hot Springs are very secluded and on private land - also the reviews of the area are sketchy at best. Agh my brain is spinning on this one …

I just read a story (sad) about a woman who jumped into a hot spring in Yellowstone Park to rescue her dog after it jumped in. She's in hospital with severe burns. The dog died. Could something like this have happened here? Border collies do like playing in water. Is this hot springs remote or too small to have those kinds of accidents? Apparently, the water can be 170 degree F.
This was actually my first thought because I have heard about dogs jumping into hot springs. A dog that loves to be in water might run quickly to the spring without realizing it is deadly hot.

Made a map...

Direct route from Reno to Hot Springs -

Redding is South of Hot Springs
(car seen on street camera at 6:02pm in Redding)

Last text back "in the forest" 9:02pm (sent a song to a friend).

Thanks for this map. Being in the forest at 9:02pm makes me wonder if she typically camped overnight. If this is typical behavior, then I’m leaning toward an accident. I’m kind of surprised her car hasn’t been spotted.

[Her sister] added that Courtney also has a cat, who was found at her home in Reno.

“She left her cat here at her apartment, so I know she was planning on coming back,” Katana said. “She loved her animals. And her plants. And would never leave them like this.”

Search continues for Reno woman and her dog after they vanished from Shasta-Trinity National Park last month

How much food was left for the cat? Had Courtney hired a cat sitter or was the cat just abandoned? To "leave them like this" as her sister worded it makes me believe the cat was not left in the care of anyone and likely didn't have any food left. Was the cat even alive when found or had the poor thing starved to death?

The fact that she left the cat behind makes me believe her original intent was to return home. If she changed her mind after going to the park and decided to self-harm, wouldn't she have reached out to someone and asked them to check in on/feed her cat? That's why I fear something like an injury or worse may have happened. The fact that the dog hasn't been heard or seen is very strange. Drowning?

The Fawn fire, which burned between Lake Shasta and Redding, started on Sept 22, and got pretty crazy on the 23rd and 24th. I believe parts of Redding were evacuated. I wonder if she didn't get caught up in that or maybe trapped somewhere? Hoping for the best, especially since they haven't found her car.

This was actually my first thought because I have heard about dogs jumping into hot springs. A dog that loves to be in water might run quickly to the spring without realizing it is deadly hot.

It’s funny but from what l read online there are no dogs allowed at all on the Hunt Hot Springs property….

Last edited:
Thanks for this map. Being in the forest at 9:02pm makes me wonder if she typically camped overnight. If this is typical behavior, then I’m leaning toward an accident. I’m kind of surprised her car hasn’t been spotted.

I agree if the police have pinpointed that last text “in the forest” she could have easily gone off the side of a road …down an embankment. While l hope that’s not the case…it does happen.

How much food was left for the cat? Had Courtney hired a cat sitter or was the cat just abandoned? To "leave them like this" as her sister worded it makes me believe the cat was not left in the care of anyone and likely didn't have any food left. Was the cat even alive when found or had the poor thing starved to death?

The fact that she left the cat behind makes me believe her original intent was to return home. If she changed her mind after going to the park and decided to self-harm, wouldn't she have reached out to someone and asked them to check in on/feed her cat? That's why I fear something like an injury or worse may have happened. The fact that the dog hasn't been heard or seen is very strange. Drowning?

She left on the 23rd with a return to work date of the 27th so she probably would have returned home 26th IMO - you can leave a cat alone for 3 days with enough food and water / that’s not too long.

From what l read online:

“was reported missing by her family after she didn't return from a -planned trip - to Hunt Hot Springs along the Shasta-Trinity National Forest near Redding, “

“She went to work on September 22 at Patagonia, where she works in the repairs department. She had planned to take the next few days off for bereavement, because their grandfather had died a week earlier on September 16.”

Reno police, TikTok users join search for woman missing in California

Her return to work day was the 27th. No show.

I agree and said earlier she loved her fur babies so IMO doubtful she would abandon the cat …

I wonder if there is a way for police to look at credit card transactions - bank stuff maybe she had a hotel reservation in The Shasta forest area (l googled and there a dozen little hotels within the forest range) - maybe she headed to Redding for dinner after the Hot Springs …

That last text at 9:02 are police able to ping a location? Do we have that technology to get coordinates from cell towers?

I wish this was getting more TV coverage. I feel like someone would have seen her!

Although a cat could be left alone for days, if plenty of food and water is left out, I would say that most animal lovers wouldn’t leave their furbabies without someone to check on them. MOO

Had she left her kitty alone for several days in the past? Or would she have had someone come and take care of her?

I’m afraid she and her pup were in some sort of accident together.

Although a cat could be left alone for days, if plenty of food and water is left out, I would say that most animal lovers wouldn’t leave their furbabies without someone to check on them. MOO

Had she left her kitty alone for several days in the past? Or would she have had someone come and take care of her?

I’m afraid she and her pup were in some sort of accident together.

Me too - and I would only leave my cat alone for 48 hours max.

She may have only been out for a 48 hour trip. Or even an over-nighter?

It's about a 3 and 1/2 hour drive from Reno to Hunt Hot Springs.

The hashtag #findcourtneybryan on Facebook is gaining traction.

At this point I hope the police are checking hospitals too.

Are there search parties out?

Someone must have seen her...somewhere...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scc79535
Back