Identified! CA - Dana Point, WhtFem 23UFCA, 18-23, cliff jump, Sep'87 - Holly Glynn

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you, Amber! I only remembered the pregnancy part.

A D & C is not only for abortions. I had three in '79-'80 to help correct problems with my cycle.

On top of this, dilation and curettage is actually quite rarely used for abortion. I don't have any exact statistics for how common it was in the mid-1980s, but its popularity has been gradually declining for decades in favor of the less costly and safer method of vacuum aspiration. As of 2003, D&Cs were only 1.7% of all abortions. D&Cs are also not used for abortions after twelve weeks of pregnancy. Other methods would be used such as dilation and evacuation or intact dilation and extraction (IDX).

Interesting discussion.

The D&C was already getting rarer by the end of the 1970's. The Roe v Wade decision was issued in 1973 and hotel room abortions pretty much vanished after that. Vacuum aspiration quickly became the standard.

I can believe this woman might have had an abortion or miscarriage a few weeks prior to her suicide and that might have played into her mental state, but I doubt she came to this place for the abortion.

I dont know, and dont know howto find out, but seems ive read or heard somewhere that certain states did and certain didnt require a parents signature, if this was an area taht didnt require a parents sig it makes perfect sense that she would travel to get an abortion. Or for that matter travel far enough away that she was sure her famly wouldnt find out she'd done this atleast... I dont think (and its jut my opinion) that hotel room room abortions vansihed after roe vs wade. I think it is just not where teh media was focusing its attention. Roe vs Wade brought abortion clinics into the spotlight, and the focus was on teh clinics, and protests, and people picketting outside abortion clinics. If anything in my opinion hotel room abortions probably became more popular for privacy reasons, with abortion clinics getting so much media attention. due to law changes, and protests..

even if she did have an abortion or miscarriage in a clinic the planned parenthood office was on,y an 8 minute drive from one of the hamton inns in orange county

how accurate were they on age determinations in 1987? If she had just recently had an abortion or miscarriage how would the still present hormones affect determining her age? I read somewhere that she was "well developed" and that still makes me think late term pregnancy and she had started producing milk. maybe she didnt miscarry at all or abort maybe she gave birth and gave the baby up. doesnt planned parenthood handle adoptions or assist in them also? I know the things ive read deterimined her to be between 18 and 23 but I still think we are looking at a minor.. Who had been pregnant very near the time of her suicide. and came to california becasue she didnt need parental consent to handle her pregnancy. I dont mean to blow up your message board but i cant quit thinking about this girl.. This is the first time ive had an interest in this kind of thing so i dont know if im posting too much or not.. sorry if i am..

how accurate were they on age determinations in 1987?

Pretty accurate. Age estimations are done via an examination of the bones and teeth of the deceased person, and there are usually some noticeable differences between younger teens and someone in the 18-23 range. You can get some information here:

http://anthropology.si.edu/writteninbone/young_old.html

http://anthropology.si.edu/writteninbone/age_by_teeth.html

I don't know exactly what went into making the decision on Jane Doe, but it's probable that they had zeroed in on the age range very closely.

Thank you, Amber! I only remembered the pregnancy part.

A D & C is not only for abortions. I had three in '79-'80 to help correct problems with my cycle.

My mother had a miscarriage between my sister and I. I was born in 1986 and she in 1988. The doctor performed a D & C.

Planned Parenthood was strongly promoting women's health - cancer screenings, birth control and the like. I don't ever remember them handling adoptions - but I could be wrong.

I'm guessing but if they say pregnancy or d&c I think they would have been looking at her cervix. Normally the cervical opening is a rounded opening but after a baby ( and I assume dilation) it looks more like a minus sign.
If it had been very recent I would assume they would have been tipped off by hormones and normal post pregnancy discharge.

I dont know if they handle adoptions, or assist in finding places that handle adoptions, but base solely on their name and the little bit i have read about them I gather that they have a wide array or areas where tehy assit women who didnt plan their parenthood. so.. Not sure on that and im basing my theory of her being pregnat soley on the facts that a former pregnancy and a d&C are noted, taht she was "well developed" and tht her clothes fit loosly.. also that i read on a website that wearing mens undies is good after certain proceedures becasue it is built to hold a large femanine napkin with ease

it was just a theory. trying to make everything make sense.. why would a person have multiple earring holes and no jewlery.. unless had had been robbed, pawned it, or had just had a medical proceedure. the medical proceedure made sens to me based on the loose clothing and d&c i read about. It also made sense to me that a woman could be driven to kill herself with the after abortion or birth post partum hormones. But ive never dont this and i probably am wrong.. thanks for your input.

The hormone swings would certainly cause depression. My guess would be that if it was recent the ME would have picked up on it. I don't know exactly what they look for though.
I have a friend who had a stillborn and it's been about 10 years and it still haunts her.
I am curious why this girl was looking for the high end hotels though. Prostitute maybe?

it was just a theory. trying to make everything make sense.. why would a person have multiple earring holes and no jewlery.. unless had had been robbed, pawned it, or had just had a medical proceedure. the medical proceedure made sens to me based on the loose clothing and d&c i read about. It also made sense to me that a woman could be driven to kill herself with the after abortion or birth post partum hormones. But ive never dont this and i probably am wrong.. thanks for your input.

I have 8 holes in one ear and am just too lazy to bother, I might fill them up if I am going to a party or club etc., and that might be 2x a year (yes I am boring):twocents:

ive read two different things.. that she asked where the high buildings were and that she asked about a high end hotel. I dont think she was looking for a tall hotel because ritz carlton is .. or looks on google maps like its a one story building.. So i guess she was looking for a high end hotel. Her dental records indicate she had fillings, and possibly braces when she was younger.. which says to me she did not come from poverty.. my initial theory was that her and a boyfriend came to california to get the abortion becasue california does not require parental consent to get an abortion, maybe stole some money from teh parents and planned to head to the coast after the abortion and that was their destination. maybe she was looking for her man at a more expensive place. maybe he was an adult and wealthy. i think she was inside one of the hampton inn rooms is how she got the matches.. Her clothing doesnt sound like the kind a prostitute would wear to get ritzy men.. no jewlery.. mens undies.. I think she was looking for someone..

what is your age?? when you first got them done did you keep earring in them or always not wear earrings? if she is between the age of 18 and 23 then the 3rd hole was probably fairly new.. or maybe not i am on the fence there i have one hole in each ear and i dont put nothing in them.. but when they were new and i was in my teens and 20's i wore earring religiously..

ther was a time when i heard that if a man wore and earring inhis left ear he was straight and if in his right ear he was gay.. maybe the 3rd hole meant something cant remember which ear it was in. and dont know if the man thing is true or urban myth.. but a thought..

ther was a time when i heard that if a man wore and earring inhis left ear he was straight and if in his right ear he was gay.. maybe the 3rd hole meant something cant remember which ear it was in. and dont know if the man thing is true or urban myth.. but a thought..

The idea of ear piercing signaling sexual orientation is a complete urban legend which was really popular (at least in the United States) in the 1990s. No one could agree on which ear was supposed to be "the gay ear", and it seemed to vary by town, area of the country, or sometimes even neighborhood. It was kind of hilarious watching men get horribly insecure over it, but it was nothing.

I can't recall any tales spun about any variety of female ear piercings signaling anything at all. They might have existed, but they definitely didn't reach anywhere near the prominence that the male "gay ear" myth did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back