Identified! CA - Dana Point, WhtFem 23UFCA, 18-23, cliff jump, Sep'87 - Holly Glynn

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Will they likely go public with it, or at least announce she has been identified? Simply removing her Jane Doe status after all this time seems pretty anticlimactic. I for one would really like to find out for sure whether it is Holly or not.

Just last Saturday, I saw two Orange County Sheriff's Dept reps at the Missing in Michigan event in Detroit. They were planning on doing their own Missing Persons event for Orange County, and they were in Michigan to observe how MIM was conducted. I brought up Dana Point Jane Doe and Holly Glynn. She said that they were still working on that possible match. They didn't say she was ID'd, or ruled out, but given that they were still "working on it", just a day or two before declaring the case resolved, I am absolutely certain that Holly is DPJD.

Some names of places have changed in the past 28 years, but I’ve wanted to attempt to retrace her steps that night with addresses and images.

The Hampton Inn, Mission Viejo
26328 Oso Pkwy
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
http://hotels-california-en.getmyhotel.com/mission_viejo/hampton_inn_2440982en.html

Arrived here at approximately 4 a.m. Confusion in the reporting about whether she asked the hotel clerk about “tall buildings” or “high end” hotels in the area. Called the American Taxi Company for a ride from the hotel.

The old Hampton is now a Marriot Fairfield Inn.
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/snavo-fairfield-inn-mission-viejo-orange-county/

Fairfield Inn (Old Hampton Inn).jpg

Unocal Station
26282 Oso Pkwy,
Mission Viejo, CA 92691

She is reported to have used the restroom here, and the taxi driver said he picked up a fare at the Unocal Station at Oso and I-5 at 04:15 a.m. The gas station was/is next door to the hotel. The old Hampton Inn is in the background on the left....
Hampton and Unocal.jpg

The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
1 Ritz Carlton Dr, Dana Point, CA 92629

She asked to be taken to the Ritz Calrton, a drive which may have cost about $20, but she had only $18 and was not able to be taken to her intended destination.The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel “opened in August of 1984 and quickly became the premiere luxury vacation destination in South Orange County”
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Prope...s/Releases/pearl_facial_pearl_anniversary.htm
Ritz_LagunaNiguel_00466_Home.jpg

The Chart House Seafood Restaurant
34442 Street of the Green Lantern, Dana Point, CA 92629
http://www.chart-house.com/

The cab driver brought her as far as $18 would take her, and dropped her off at the Chart House restaurant at Scenic Drive and Cove Road, where he last saw her walking towards the cliff…
The Chart House.jpgScenic Drive and Cove Road.jpg

An aerial view of the area, the Chart House in the upper right, as it appeared in 1980....
Aerialview 1980.jpg

Poor dear, namelsss for almost three decades.

I'm really excited that she has her name back and will no longer be a "Jane Doe"

Nice to see she has her name back. Kudos to her friends who cared about her after all these years, and helped solve this mystery.

RIP Holly

am I crazy or wasn't Holly mentioned multiple times but ruled out?

am I crazy or wasn't Holly mentioned multiple times but ruled out?

I'm not sure. I can only say that I haven't heard anything(and am not finding anything online) about her having been ruled out, yet.

Holly was never reported missing until recently. If I remember correctly, someone reached out to Carl about Holly.

Yes, that is correct. Holly's name first came to light on the Help ID Me Facebook page run by the NCMEC. Her friend, who from what I understand, lives in Europe, posted that she believed that DPJD was Holly, but due to her location, was unable to file a MP report. A person who uses the Facebook handle Redpill Neo contacted me to ask if I would be willing to drive to Whittier to file a MP report. I said I would. But I first contacted the OC MedEx office to find out if the 40 mile dive would be necessary. They indicated that the OC Sheriff went ahead and created the MP report based on the original info reported on the Help ID Me page, and Holly's family was contacted. So my offered involvement was unnecessary.

Hollys Birthday September 11 We (her Friends from Whittier ) will be going to Dana Point and celebrating her Birthday and her getting back her name and just remembering her our Beautiful friend who left us.

Wow. Amazing. I didn't have a lot of hope for this one. I am so glad she had a friend out there who was missing her, even after all these years. Just goes to show you that there is likely someone out there somewhere who knows something about many of the long term UIDs. I do wonder why her sister didn't want to get involved with it, maybe it was just too painful, and she didn't really want to know. Unfathomable to me, I'd go crazy not knowing, but people deal with things in different ways. God bless that friend who saw the picture and decided to get involved and start the ball rolling on putting this together. What a sad ending for such a beautiful girl.

God bless you all for celebrating Holly...and remembering her ...what a sad thing to feel so alone that she ended her life abruptly like that��
Hollys Birthday September 11 We (her Friends from Whittier ) will be going to Dana Point and celebrating her Birthday and her getting back her name and just remembering her our Beautiful friend who left us.

God bless you all for celebrating Holly...and remembering her ...what a sad thing to feel so alone that she ended her life abruptly like that��

We so much wish she would have reached out to us instead of her choice and we will never know why she didn't (reach out) or why she chose to end her life she was beautiful and will always be in our hearts and we will always miss her.

Since the only photos of Holly were when she was much younger, I tried to estimate what she probably looked like at 21, by morphing the color and B&W photos of her together and age progressing it.

Holly Glynn (Colorized).jpg

Is this close, Franfeen?

Credit goes to "redpillneo" he got oc coroner to look into it. I am the 'Friend " I tried 2 years ago to have Namus check it but I got no where Redpill neo is my hero he asked a lot of questions and got the ball rolling I do think it is Holly ;(
such a waste of life she was very pretty had a hot body and seemed like she had everything going for her never would have expected her to take her own life '

We talk sometimes on Cali's page. Sorry it took so long to file the report. Wish I knew you were having issues, we would have helped you long ago. So sorry for your loss

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234
Back