Found Deceased CA - David Glen Deshon, 69, abandoned car in snow storm, Placer County, 28 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Sunrisenow

Reaction score
snapshot-64.jpg

Around midnight Thursday, the Placer County Sheriff’s Office says they were called about a driver whose vehicle was stuck at mile marker 19 on Mosquito Ridge Road.

Deputies found 69-year-old David Glenn Deshon’s vehicle in the area but he was nowhere to be found, according to the sheriff’s office. Near Deshon’s vehicle was a second set of tire tracks, which the sheriff’s office says could mean he was picked up by someone after getting stuck.

The sheriff’s office says Deshon lives in Foresthill but he was not home when deputies got there.

Placer County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Angela Musallam released a statement on the search Friday:

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office initiated a search for David Glenn Deshon Thursday morning after he was reported to be missing. Unfortunately, due to extreme weather conditions, deputies who searched the immediate area had to call off the search. The area where Mr. Deshon’s vehicle was found early Thursday morning is very steep and treacherous, especially during the winter. As of Friday afternoon, deputies are continuing their search for Mr. Deshon in more accessible areas. PCSO’s Air Support Unit and Search and Rescue Teams will begin searching for Mr. Deshon as soon as weather conditions allow.

Authorities describe Deshon as 6 feet tall with blond hair and blue eyes. His daughter added he is in poor health and cannot walk very far, and is asking anyone in the Foresthill area to please help.

“My dad is very fun, loving. He would not do anything to harm anybody,” she said. “If they have a 4×4, if they have a snowmobile, if they can come to help me find my dad, I need help.”

Shona Deshon says anyone with information about her father’s whereabouts can reach out to her at 916-257-6022. You are also asked to contact the Placer County Sheriff’s Office at 530-889-7830.

Foresthill man missing after deputies find his abandoned vehicle stuck along Placer County road | FOX40

‘I need help’: Placer County woman searching for her missing father after storm | FOX40

Last edited:
What about his cell phone. Can it’s location or last ping be tracked some way?

As if it wasn’t heartbreaking enough, the dog stayed with him. I’m crushed by that. RIP Mr. Deshon. My prayers go up for the repose of his soul and for comfort for the family.

People magazine picked up on the loyal dog story and reports that Baby Dog has found a new home with neighbors of David Deshon’s daughter.

Unable to care for Baby Dog, despite her wishes to do so, Shona found a new family for her father's pet close to home. She told the outlet that her two next-door neighbors, Lisa Lomeli and her husband Laurence, stepped up and offered to adopt Baby Dog themselves for Lisa's mother.

"My mom has been going through cancer for a year and is just finishing up chemo and lost her Lab a year ago and is very lonely," [Lisa] added. "My mom said to me, 'I said a prayer and I know I'm supposed to have another dog. That dog will find me.'"

Baby Dog photo from article attached.

Attachments

• 0C676D81-8501-4650-AA52-A25DCC7D07CB.jpeg
    0C676D81-8501-4650-AA52-A25DCC7D07CB.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 14

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads