Found Deceased CA - David Steen, 57, Apple Valley, 16 Sept 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was passing through Apple Valley yesterday and saw his flyer, so I thought I’d take a photo. Not a great pic, as my husband took it as we were driving by. Unable to get a close up. At any rate, I’m happy to see there are still flyers up. I’m praying he’s found soon.

51e8d3a426c8681d02eb96f624712686.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]Authorities: Remains of missing Apple Valley man found in riverbed[/h]
ADELANTO — The body of an Apple Valley man reported missing since September has been found, authorities confirmed to the Daily Press.

San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department officials said the skeletal remains of David Steen, 57, were found along the Mojave River in an unincorporated area of Adelanto Thursday morning.
There were no updates or signs of Steen until 9:51 a.m. Thursday, when Sheriff’s Dispatch received a report of “human skeletal remains” found by utility workers in the area, according to Apple Valley Sheriff’s Station Sgt. Jeff Allison.

Deputies responded and found the remains and deteriorated clothing in a small, remote area of the riverbed. Allison said Steen’s driver license, along with a vehicle submerged in the river, were also found on scene.
“Based on evidence located and Steen’s distinctive physical characteristics, the remains are preliminarily identified as Steen’s,” Allison said.
The vehicle found in the river was determined not to be Steen’s, Allison said, and a separate investigation on the vehicle and how it ended up in the river is ongoing. No other details were available as of Thursday.
http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/20...of-missing-apple-valley-man-found-in-riverbed

Authorities: Remains of missing Apple Valley man found in riverbed

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/20...of-missing-apple-valley-man-found-in-riverbed

So sorry to hear this, but not unexpected. Condolences to those who loved David. :(

If the vehicle found submerged in the river is not Steen’s, could it be that he was riding in it with someone who escaped drowning. Steen was having paranoid “delusions” prior to disappearing. Could it be that they weren’t delusions after all and that he was murdered? Far out, I know, and I hope there is a simpler explanation. David did not like to venture too far from home. Adelanto is 15 miles away. No telling how far away David was found. Where is his car?

So his vehicle is still missing. I wonder if they can determine after this amount of time whether he was driving or a passenger in the submerged vehicle.

So his vehicle is still missing. I wonder if they can determine after this amount of time whether he was driving or a passenger in the submerged vehicle.

Perhaps they can measure how far back the driver’s seat was positioned and see if it matches David’s leg length more or less. If there’s a big discrepancy, chances are he wasn’t driving. I suppose the vehicle could be totally unrelated, but that’s a stretch. Too coincidental IMO. His own vehicle has probably been repaired and repainted by now and is far away.

Oh no, this is very sad. Now there are even more questions!

Perhaps they can measure how far back the driver’s seat was positioned and see if it matches David’s leg length more or less. If there’s a big discrepancy, chances are he wasn’t driving. I suppose the vehicle could be totally unrelated, but that’s a stretch. Too coincidental IMO. His own vehicle has probably been repaired and repainted by now and is far away.

Agreed. They emphasized the small and remote riverbed location. We sometimes read stories about a location with characteristics that result in several accidents with vehicles going into a river, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Rest in Peace, David.

Any updates in regards to David's COD. His body was found in a riverbed but was it submerged in water as a car was found nearby in the river water. I hope an autopsy report is released soon.

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne