CA CA - Dawn Viens, 37, Lomita, 18 Oct 2009 - *D. Viens Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LOMITA, Calif. (KTLA) -- The husband of a Lomita woman missing for 16 months attempted suicide Wednesday by jumping off a cliff in Rancho Palos Verdes.

David Viens, 47, was being followed by deputies at the time, according to the Daily Breeze.

Viens suicide attempt comes on the same day the Daily Breeze posted an article reporting he was a "person of interest" in his wife's disappearance and likely homicide.

{snip}
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-missing-dawn-viens,0,2166448.story
He was airlifted to County Harbor-UCLA Medical Center near Torrance.

His condition is not known.

<snip>

Galvan, who was taken in for questioning, told investigators she had read the Daily Breeze article and it had been the subject of conversation with her boyfriend, Coleman said.

Detectives said they later gathered more evidence tying David Viens to the crime.

"Information obtained shortly after the suspect jumped over the cliff confirmed the fact he is implicated in the death of Dawn," sheriff's Sgt. Richard Garcia said.

http://www.presstelegram.com/breakingnews/ci_17461247

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/25/david-viens-survives-cliff-dive-after-hes-named-in-missing-wife/

A restaurateur who dove off an 80-foot cliff here following a brief chase by police is expected to recover and will be arrested and charged for the 2009 murder of his missing wife, authorities say.

David Viens, 43, awakened from a coma and is alert today following surgery to repair massive internal injuries and broken bones. He had long been a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, Dawn, and now enough evidence has been developed following his jump to charge him with her murder, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Lt. Don Coleman told AOL News Thursday night.

After the jump, detectives talked to Galvan, who "is cooperating with us,"

Then Galvan took over Dawn Viens' job as a hostess at the restaurant and moved into her home. Soon after, Viens was seen throwing out his wife's belongings into a trash bin behind his restaurant, Coleman said.

Did her story get bumped because of the news in Hailey's Dunn's case? I missed it. I was reading about this on internet news.

Did her story get bumped because of the news in Hailey's Dunn's case? I missed it. I was reading about this on internet news.

It's back on there now, so maybe it'll be on Monday? If nothing else big happens before then to bump it.... (I don't think we need to worry about Hailey's case doing so... I don't think Nancy wants to cover Hailey directly. Only when Jean is there.)

I thought maybe it was going to be on her "Missing" show but it doesn't look like that is it either.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

URGENT -- A young woman disappears after she is last seen leaving her husband's restaurant! Now Investigators say they think the young wife is dead after forensic teams find blood splatter on her bedroom walls. Where is Dawn Viens' body and what happened to her? Nancy Grace investigates, 8 pm ET on HLN.

I watched it! Sooooooooo glad Dawn will have her day in court!!!

I wonder if that cliff has any meaning in as far as what he did with Dawn's body...

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/25/david-viens-survives-cliff-dive-after-hes-named-in-missing-wife/

A restaurateur who dove off an 80-foot cliff here following a brief chase by police is expected to recover and will be arrested and charged for the 2009 murder of his missing wife, authorities say.

David Viens, 43, awakened from a coma and is alert today following surgery to repair massive internal injuries and broken bones. He had long been a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, Dawn, and now enough evidence has been developed following his jump to charge him with her murder, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Lt. Don Coleman told AOL News Thursday night.

After the jump, detectives talked to Galvan, who "is cooperating with us,"

Then Galvan took over Dawn Viens' job as a hostess at the restaurant and moved into her home. Soon after, Viens was seen throwing out his wife's belongings into a trash bin behind his restaurant, Coleman said.

Such good news, fhc. Thank you so much for posting it.

I followed this case faithfully until September 15, 2010, when I was called to my mother's bedside in Florida, followed by her death on September 20.

All along I said quite bluntly on this thread that Dawn's husband David was responsible. He showed no emotion whatsoever regarding his wife's disappearance, refused to post missing-person posters in his restaurant though surrounding store owners did, and moved his girlfriend KG into his home and business only days after Dawn disappeared.

What a great sense of relief I felt to see that DV now stands accused of Dawn's murder. Blood spatter on bedroom walls and in another room as well ... wow. And KG's cooperation.

DV thought he could just erase Dawn from this earth and go on with his life. Wrong. You're going to get justice, Dawn. Justice is coming. And I hope DV will being going to prison for the rest of his life.

Thanks again fhc. This is wonderful news!

TS, I am sorry about your mom; I lost my mom a year ago...very painful still.

I am glad this guy was dumb enough to leave the house with the blood spatter and that LE got right over there to go over it with luminol, or whatever they needed to find the blood. And glad he survived his cowardly jump too. He can be in pain for a while,awaiting trial.

Such good news, fhc. Thank you so much for posting it.

I followed this case faithfully until September 15, 2010, when I was called to my mother's bedside in Florida, followed by her death on September 20.

All along I said quite bluntly on this thread that Dawn's husband David was responsible. He showed no emotion whatsoever regarding his wife's disappearance, refused to post missing-person posters in his restaurant though surrounding store owners did, and moved his girlfriend KG into his home and business only days after Dawn disappeared.

What a great sense of relief I felt to see that DV now stands accused of Dawn's murder. Blood spatter on bedroom walls and in another room as well ... wow. And KG's cooperation.

DV thought he could just erase Dawn from this earth and go on with his life. Wrong. You're going to get justice, Dawn. Justice is coming. And I hope DV will being going to prison for the rest of his life.

Thanks again fhc. This is wonderful news!

So sorry about your mom..

TS, I am sorry about your mom; I lost my mom a year ago...very painful still.

I am glad this guy was dumb enough to leave the house with the blood spatter and that LE got right over there to go over it with luminol, or whatever they needed to find the blood. And glad he survived his cowardly jump too. He can be in pain for a while,awaiting trial.

So sorry about your mom..

Thank you so much to both of you, Rhyme & Reason and Cluciano.

And my condolences to you as well, cluciano. I had always heard that the loss of a person's mother is one of the most painful things one will ever face, but somewhere in my foolish head I thought I would be able to handle it well because I had lots of time to prepare for it. Not true at all. Six months later, I wake up every morning thinking of her and go to bed every night thinking of her. I just cannot shake this pain.

Authorities dig up restaurant floor in search for owner's missing wife

March 1, 2011 | 2:41 pm

Los Angeles County sheriff's investigators and coroner's officials were digging up the floor of a Lomita restaurant on Tuesday, looking for the remain of the owner's wife, who went missing 16 months ago.

The search comes a day after the man was booked on suspicion of murder. David Viens, 47, was arrested at a hospital, where he was recovering from injuries after jumping off an 80-foot cliff last week.

more here

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...t-floor-in-search-of-owners-missing-wife.html

March 1, 2011 | 2:41 pm

Los Angeles County sheriff's investigators and coroner's officials were digging up the floor of a Lomita restaurant on Tuesday, looking for the remain of the owner's wife, who went missing 16 months ago.

The search comes a day after the man was booked on suspicion of murder. David Viens, 47, was arrested at a hospital, where he was recovering from injuries after jumping off an 80-foot cliff last week.

more here

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...t-floor-in-search-of-owners-missing-wife.html

Wife likely buried beneath husband's restaurant, detectives say

March 1, 2011 | 6:27 pm

Authorities believe a woman missing for 16 months is buried inside her husband's Lomita restaurant.

Officials with pickaxes, shovels and cadaver dogs hacked away at the floor and walls of the Thyme Contemporary Cafe, hoping to solve a 16-month-old mystery over the sudden disappearance of the cafe owner’s wife.

“At this point we believe she is buried beneath the restaurant,” said L.A. County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Steve Whitmore. “We are excavating parts of the restaurant. We expect to be there for some time.”

more here

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...neath-husbands-restaurant-detectives-say.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
endoplazmikretikulum95
Back