CA CA - Debra Puente, 50, San Diego, 28 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The most obvious place to start is with the BF. I doubt a SK is involved - the details of this case seem to point in the other direction.

I agree with you. The BF is suspect but I find it interesting that no one has mentioned a possible link to the Amanda Cruse case. The details are eerily similar. Makes you scratch your head and think for a minute though, right? Thinking of Debi and Amanda's families. It's too late for Amanda but praying Debi will be found.

Yes! That's an important detail when someone goes missing. At this point, all we have is hearsay that the live-in boyfriend says the fight had been resolved and she left with no working cell phone. He hasn't given any news interviews. We don't know how long they've been living together. This is all my own opinion here with an added MOO.
:cow:

I'll admit I consider foul play from the partner first when I hear there has been a fight. I've also been considering if maybe she was too upset to go home and ended up in OB where she either met up with danger or her emotional state was the danger.

LE should be able to figure out a lot more than we can like if she was the one who drove her car to OB.
Help Find Debra Puente
https://www.facebook.com/pg/HelpFindDebraPuente/posts/?ref=page_internal

Yesterday there was a post on the official Help Find fb page about an unconfirmed sighting which could be a :rumor: of Debi in Ramona. That's 36 miles from Ocean Beach.

This raises hope, but it could be false hope. Personally, I have doubts. My argument would be why she'd leave her car there in OB to get a ticket, and not show up to work or call in at a job she's had for 14 yrs., and go to Ramona. How'd she get there? I guess she could be with someone, but I highly doubt this is the case.

LE at first didn't suspect foul play, but I hope they start considering it. Her family must be sick with worry.

What are the friends she was out with say? Did she tell them about the fight with the BF? What time did Debra leave her friends and did she leave alone?

Debra is a relative of a friend of mine. I'll check and see what I can find out.....

My friend on April 11th said that there were a couple of confirmed sightings in Ramona, I believe.....

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindDebraPuente/

This is the 4/18 update from the Help Find Debra Puente Facebook page:

UPDATE: Debi's sister and one of her childhood friends searched the area. They did not find her. Another person from OB who has been on the lookout saw this post and commented that they saw a similarly dressed woman around the same time in the same area. They talked to her face to face and said it was not her. At this time, we don't believe it was her. ��
There was an unconfirmed sighting of Debi in Ocean Beach walking on Sunsett Cliffs Blvd headed toward Rob Field. The woman believed to be her was almost to Newport when she was seen TODAY at around 3:30. She is wearing a blue pullover sweatshirt with no hood, a gray flannel shirt and light blue Levi's with flip-flops. Her hair is down and she is carrying black sweats in her hands. If you see her please contact us or the SDPD. Her sister is currently in the area searching.

I feel cynical saying this, and I don't want to dash anyone's hope, but I'm leery to put much faith into unconfirmed sightings.

MOO, possible sightings reported by strangers thinking they saw the missing person are sometimes misleading and steer the investigation in the wrong direction. (I'm thinking about Elizabeth Sullivan, another San Diego case that had misleading sightings, IMO.)

Is there any reason to believe Debra would be walking around OB all this time without notifying any of her family? I don't know what her history is, but she has managed to keep the same job for fourteen years.

Did her boyfriend ever give the news stations an interview? Is he in close contact with her family and also searching for Debra?

I hope her family has been asking the questions so many of us are asking. What did the people Debra was with at the bar before she went missing say about that night? Was she upset? Did she talk about the argument with her boyfriend? Was she talking or flirting with anyone at the bar? Did she leave alone? Did she seem depressed or suicidal? I, myself, don't think it's likely she ran into a serial killer specifically, but I would consider some kind of foul play at this point.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...blics-Help-in-Finding-Daughter-418574663.html

Another thing that I question is whether she actually drove her own car to Ocean Beach or did someone leave it there to make it look like she drove it there???

Her car was found with her purse and money inside, but who knows. Did LE consider who drove the car there and did LE fingerprint the steering wheel?

It's almost a month now since she went missing and I fear something bad has happened to her.

First I've heard of this case. There is nothing to go on. Lots of great questions, but no answers. About the boyfriend, the fight, the people she was out with that night. Can't LE give us a morsel to work with?

Her family must be beside themselves. I guess all these sightings came to nothing. Where is she?

I haven't found any social media for her. Maybe this will help our sleuthers out.

Public directory
http://publicrecords.directory/search.php

Debra E Puente
From: San Diego, CA8551 Pinecrest Ave,San Diego, CA 92123
(619) 291-0046

racergurl4ever@aol.com, summercryme@aol.com, thebigbadmamma@aol.com

Previous Addresses:
4260 Campus Ave #1, San Diego, CA 92103,
10343 Gold Coast Ct, San Diego, CA 92126,
4260 Campus Ave #14, San Diego, CA 92103,
4260 Campus Ave #3, San Diego, CA 92103,
4260 Campus Ave #4, San Diego, CA 92103,
8626 Jenny Ave, San Diego, CA 92123,
4546 37th St, San Diego, CA 92116,
9241 Overton Ave, San Diego, CA 92123,
001034 Gold Coast, San Diego, CA 92126

Other Phone Numbers:
(858) 278-3257
(858) 565-4603
(858) 271-1546

(858) 278-3257
(310) 435-4166
(858) 565-4603
(619) 291-0046
(619) 284-9404

I don't think it helps to have a list of every single address and phone number for the missing Debra. Sorry, I know it's meant as helpful, but I see that as an invasion of privacy.

What we need is an update from her family on a news report, IMO. Did LE pressure the boyfriend further about the fight they had that night? What's her family think happened to her now? I haven't heard a word about Debra still being missing on any local news broadcast.

I don't think it helps to have a list of every single address and phone number for the missing Debra. Sorry, I know it's meant as helpful, but I see that as an invasion of privacy.

What we need is an update from her family on a news report, IMO. Did LE pressure the boyfriend further about the fight they had that night? What's her family think happened to her now? I haven't heard a word about Debra still being missing on any local news broadcast.
A list of a missing person's info is the result of a google search of her name, and of public record. It is provided to save other sleuthers from having to repeat the process over and over. If a post makes a reader uncomfortble, it can be ignored. There are thousands of posts in WS just like this, all found via public searches.

1 year later, family hasn’t quit the search for missing mother
http://fox5sandiego.com/2018/03/25/1-year-later-family-hasnt-quit-the-search-for-missing-mother/
SAN DIEGO -- This week marks one year since a mother of four disappeared, and her family says they still have no idea what happened to her.

Debra Puente, 51, was last seen on March 28 by friends who had drinks with her at the Longhorn Bar & Grill near Mission Gorge and Friars Rd.

She reportedly left in a car that was found abandoned in Ocean Beach near Sunset Cliffs days later. Her wallet and ID were found inside.

“Her car had three tickets on it. It was ticketed the next morning at 6 a.m. So from 11 o’clock leaving the bar to six in the morning is where we know nothing,” Puente's sister Tami Cox said.

Puente's sisters told FOX 5 the past year has been an emotional roller coaster.

“It’s like you are walking in a constant dream, waiting to wake up, and you don’t,” Bethany Trotter, Puente's youngest sister, said.

The family said it is unlike Puente to not show up to her job of 14 years, or check in with her loved ones. At times, they fear the worst, but they are still hanging on to hope.

“We continue to believe that she’s alive. Hurt, kidnapped,” Cox said.

“Just hanging out on the streets," Trotter said.

“We don’t know. We don’t care. We just want her home," said Cox.

[...]

(Video interview with her sisters at link)

I live in San Diego and had no idea she was missing. Does the family think she is still in San Diego?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debra's case was on The Vanished podcast this week, lots of info from her daughter.
http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2018/4/4/episode-119-debra-puente

Thank You for sharing this. It helps to listen to this podcast. This is just my take on what I heard.
http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2018/4/4/episode-119-debra-puente

Debra has such a friendly, vivacious smile. I can see how she'd make friends easily. I take it that her family wasn't in contact with her much just before she went missing. Her cell phone was broke and ended up with the boyfriend having it until the plan ran out? It's over a year now since Debra disappeared and many people in the San Diego area haven't heard much on the news that she even went missing.

So, the boyfriend didn't help with the search. Debra's daughter, Ashley, talks about her mother's boyfriend and his behavior. He apparently did a short interview for the news when they knocked on his door. I missed that. Her daughter said everyone who watched his interview said it or he "made their skin crawl". It sounds like Debra was probably supporting him and his habits. MOO, he didn't report Debra missing and it sounds like he didn't worry about the pets when Debra went missing.

Debra told people she had a "safe place" to stay. Safe from what? She had arranged to take a couple days off from work and they don't know if that had anything to do with plans she had or her disappearance.

The daughter doesn't avoid pointing out that her mother had some mental and alcohol issues. Struggles, maybe a mental break? She said Debra had a quirky, life-of-the party personality and that she made friends with all kinds of odd people. I guess this is why her family feels Debra could still be roaming around the area. You can just hear how much her daughter cares and loves her mother.

Not connected to this case, but same general area (map in article) - a woman was found shot a the bottom of stairs on the beach in the Sunset Cliffs area today possibly by a stranger. She was able to say she didn't know the person who shot her. None of the neighbors heard gun shots and it's possible she was shot someplace else and brought there.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/37943908/woman-shot-multiple-times-in-sunset-cliffs

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL
Back