GUILTY CA - Denise Lampe, 19, stabbed to death, Daly City, 1976 *ARREST in 2018*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thursday, May 26th:
*Receipt of Doctors Report Hearing (@ 9am PT) – CA – Denise Lampe (19) (April 1, 1976, Daly City) – *Leon Melvin Seymour (30 @ time of crime/72/now 75) charged (11/16/18) & arraigned (12/18/18) with 1st degree murder with use of deadly weapon, 1 count of attempt or use of deadly weapon, 1 count of torture & 1 count to 2 prior offenses (enhancement). Plead not guilty. $10M bond. No bond (12/14/18).
Is being housed at Coalinga State Hospital as a sexually violent predator for other kidnappings & sexually assaults going back decades. DNA match.
Trial began on 3/2/20. Put on hold 3/16/20 due to coronavirus. Restart on 7/8/20, and was continued to 10/13/20 (Day 9) thru 10/16/20 (Day 11). Trial was set to begin on 10/12/21 was vacated due to mental incompetency.

Court info from 3/2/20 thru 10/7/20 & Trial info (Day 9-11: 10/13 to 10/16/20) & 8/6/21 thru 3/22/22 reference post #119 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...h-daly-city-1976-arrest-in-2018.400646/page-6

3/28/22 Update: Motion hearing held. Judge Lisa A. Novak presiding. Defendant present with attorney Paul Demeester. Motion for Pokovich immunity Order-granted in part for defense. Doctor appointed to examine defendant; by Dr. Mogannam & Dr. Singh appointed to examine defendant pursuant to Pursuant T01367/68. Next Receipt of Doctors Report hearing on 5/23/22 @ 9am.
5/23/22 Update: Hearing for receipt of Doctors’ report rescheduled on 5/26/22.

Docket Entries

07/20/2022 DocketReceipt of Doctors Report.; Additional Info: Judicial Officer Southern Prelim - Hearing Time 9:00 AM

05/26/2022 DocketDoctor appointed to examine defendant.; Additional Info: Comment Dr. Young appointed to examine defendant pursuant to Pursuant To 1367.

05/26/2022 DocketDefendant not brought into the courtroom..; Additional Info: Comment @ COALINGA

05/26/2022 DocketSubponea Record Returned to Clerk's Office.; Additional Info: Comment COALINGA STATE HOSPITAL

05/26/2022 DocketReceipt of Doctors Report.; Additional Info: Original Type Receipt of Doctors Report Judicial Officer Novak Lisa A. Hearing Time 09:00 AM Result Continued Court's Motion Parties Present DefendantAttorney: DEMEESTER, PAUL F.

link: The People of the State of California vs LEON MELVIN SEYMOUR

Wednesday, July 20th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ 9am PT) – CA – Denise Lampe (19) (April 1, 1976, Daly City) – *Leon Melvin Seymour (30 @ time of crime/72/now 75) charged (11/16/18) & arraigned (12/18/18) with 1st degree murder with use of deadly weapon, 1 count of attempt or use of deadly weapon, 1 count of torture & 1 count to 2 prior offenses (enhancement). Plead not guilty. $10M bond. No bond (12/14/18).
Is being housed at Coalinga State Hospital as a sexually violent predator for other kidnappings & sexually assaults going back decades. DNA match.
Trial began on 3/2/20. Put on hold 3/16/20 due to coronavirus. Restart on 7/8/20, and was continued to 10/13/20 (Day 9) thru 10/16/20 (Day 11).
Trial
was set to begin on 10/12/21 was vacated due to mental incompetency.

Court info from 3/2/20 thru 10/7/20 & Trial info (Day 9-11: 10/13 to 10/16/20) & 8/6/21 thru 3/28/22 reference post #121 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...h-daly-city-1976-arrest-in-2018.400646/page-7

5/23/22 Update: Hearing for receipt of Doctors’ report rescheduled on 5/26/22. 5/26/22 Update: Receipt of Doctors report; additional Info: Original type receipt of Doctors report Judicial Officer Novak Lisa A. Result continued. Court's motion Parties present defendant, Attorney Paul Demeester. Subpoena: Record returned to Clerk's office; additional info: Comment: Coalinga State Hospital. Defendant not brought into the courtroom; doctor appointed to examine defendant; additional info: Comment: Dr. Young appointed to examine defendant pursuant to Pursuant To 1367. Receipt of Doctors Report; additional info: Preliminary hearing 9am on 7/20/22.

@faithx - the link I have has not been updated - do you look at a different court site than me?

Here's where I look:

Just wondering if it is different than mine. TIA! :)

@faithx - the link I have has not been updated - do you look at a different court site than me?

Here's where I look:

Just wondering if it is different than mine. TIA! :)
Hi, I apologize for the late reply! I also use that site and it still hasn't been updated. I can't access the regular San Mateo court site, so I don't know if anything has been updated on there. No new articles or tweets either. :(

Hi, I apologize for the late reply! I also use that site and it still hasn't been updated. I can't access the regular San Mateo court site, so I don't know if anything has been updated on there. No new articles or tweets either. :(

Okay - thanks for taking the time to look! :) I will be back in a couple of weeks to ask again! :D

Nothing yet, I don't know what is going on with this case. It has been almost two months since the last hearing. I wonder if he was found incompetent to stand trial. :confused:

I would not doubt that - incompetent... here it is from my notes.
5/26/22 Update: Receipt of Doctors report; additional Info: Original type receipt of Doctors report Judicial Officer Novak Lisa A. Result continued. Court's motion Parties present defendant, Attorney Paul Demeester. Subpoena: Record returned to Clerk's office; additional info: Comment: Coalinga State Hospital. Defendant not brought into the courtroom; doctor appointed to examine defendant; additional info: Comment: Dr. Young appointed to examine defendant pursuant to Pursuant To 1367. 6/1/22: Order appointing doctor(s) to examination filed. Receipt of Doctors Report; additional info: Preliminary hearing 9am on 7/20/22.

Looks like they were in receipt of the doctor's report & were supposed to have the preliminary hearing. I searched but not coming up with any recent articles on him either.

@faithx - about 2 months since I last asked - anything new hearing dates yet?

TIA! :)

@faithx - any updates yet? TIA!
Moose And Christmas Balls Smiley

Nothing, unfortunately. I'm assuming he was found unfit to stand trial considering it has been 9 months since the last known hearing with no new information. :(

Yea, I figured as much.... oh well! At least he isn't running around free!

A jury found Leon Melvin Seymour guilty yesterday!

I didn't even realize a trial was going on, as this is the first media coverage I've seen of the trial. I'm pleasantly surprised by this news. I thought the case was permanently at a standstill.

@Niner - Here is the sentencing date from the San Mateo County Superior Court website:

12/01/2023 Probation Report and Sentencing
Judicial Officer: Novak, Lisa A.
Hearing Time: 10:30 AM

A jury found Leon Melvin Seymour guilty yesterday!

I didn't even realize a trial was going on, as this is the first media coverage I've seen of the trial. I'm pleasantly surprised by this news. I thought the case was permanently at a standstill.

@Niner - Here is the sentencing date from the San Mateo County Superior Court website:

12/01/2023 Probation Report and Sentencing
Judicial Officer: Novak, Lisa A.
Hearing Time: 10:30 AM

Oh good! I too was wondering what was going on with this case a couple of days ago! Thank you for this update!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bailey__Powell
Back