CA CA - Diane Shoyeon Min, 18, UC Davis student, took Amtrak to San Francisco, believed to be in distress, 17 May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
435922195_18431725051035869_5178356493528049155_n.jpg

Police Seek Help Locating Missing Student

By UC Davis News and Media Relations | May 21, 2024

The UC Davis Police Department is seeking help locating a missing student thought to be in distress.

Diane Shoyeon Min left campus on Friday evening, May 17, and took Amtrak to Mission Street in San Francisco, where she was last seen.

She was reported missing late in the evening on May 20.

Min is described as an 18-year-old Asian female, 5 feet, 4 inches tall and about 120 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

She was last seen wearing a dark top, dark pants and black shoes.

Min is a first-year student majoring in computer engineering.

Anyone with information about her location is asked to contact UC Davis police at (530) 752-1727.

Support resources are available via Aggie Mental Health for students and the Academic and Staff Assistance Program (ASAP) for faculty and staff.

Media Contact

Bill Kisliuk, News and Media Relations, 530-760-9726, bkisliuk@ucdavis.edu

Authorities at U.C. Davis are hoping the public can help them locate a missing computer engineering student thought to be in distress in San Francisco. Min is a first-year student.

University police said Tuesday that Diane Shoyeon Min, 18, left the campus Friday evening took an Amtrak train to Mission Street in San Francisco, where she was last seen. Min, a freshman computer engineering major, was reported missing Monday evening

This MSM article from the Sacramento Bee provides a more detailed description of the clothing she was wearing including a unique necklace.

Also noting (I'm local to SF), Amtrak service from San Jose (UC Davis) to San Francisco isn't direct - the train portion takes you to Emeryville (East Bay) where you connect via a bus that drops you off on Mission Street in downtown SF....adding this info as it mentions she (Diane) may be in distress, she was able to navigate this connection.

As they say, long time lurker, first time poster....I felt compelled to post because there is so little information about Diane's disappearance and there hasn't been a single item in the news - at least as far as I can tell - in almost 5 days. I am worried that people have either assumed that she has been located or have simply forgotten about her. But she is still out there.

A former neighbor of the family started a crowdfunding campaign to support Diane's father during this time. That is the only place I seen have any update whatsoever. Her sister posted there two days ago to say that their dad had found some of Diane's belongings at a pier in San Francisco. But no one knows where Diane is and, as I said, there have been no news updates, so we don't know where the police have looked, if there are any leads, what the current theory is (if any - although I think, based on the initial reports of her being "in distress," there is or was a theory....).

The latest update on the crowdfunding page says that she is still being treated as a missing person, but that the police do believe that she went into the water, based on where her belongings were found and the fact that so much time has gone by with no sightings of her. Her father has been searching the coastline every day, apparently. Very sad situation. Still hoping for a miracle.

davis-student-diane-shoyeon-min.jpg
Police at UC Davis are hoping to locate missing student Diane Shoyeon Min, 18, who was last seen in San Francisco on May 17, 2024.

Min is an 18-year-old Asian woman, 5 feet, 4 inches tall and about 120 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a dark top and dark pants with black shoes. Min is a first-year student

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back