CA CA - Donella Coultas, 29, South Pasadena, 18 Dec 1979

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

DONELLA JEAN COULTAS
Nickname/ALias: DONELLA SCHUMAN
Los Angeles County, California
29 year old white female

Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)

[TD="class: view_field"]67.0[/TD]

[TD="class: view_field"]157.0[/TD]

Hair: Brown; Short
Eyes: Blue

Distinctive features as described below:
PIGEON TOED
CESAREAN SCAR ON ABDOMEN
MOLE ABOVE NAVEL
CONTACT LENSES
BUCK TEETH

Clothing and accessories are described below:
GREEN TOP UNDER LIGHT BLUE SWEATER, DARK BLUE PANTS
WHITE TENNIS SHOES
CONTACT LENSES

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11495/

donella_jean_coultas_3.jpg
donella_jean_coultas_4.jpg
donella_jean_coultas_5.jpg
donella_jean_coultas_6.jpg

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Donella was last seen in Pasadena, California on December 18, 1979. Her husband, Leonard Coultas, said they had an argument and she ran out of the house angrily. She has never been heard from again.

She left behind her purse, wallet, wedding ring and keys. Leonard stated she had only $50 and a credit card with her when she vanished, and the credit card was never used.

Donella's family believes she did not leave voluntarily and they think Leonard killed her. He stated their argument was violent and she hit him with a rock. He admitted he struck his wife in the head with a vase, breaking it and causing her to bleed from her nose and ears, but he denies that he murdered her or knows her whereabouts.

Although the police considered him a suspect at the onset of the investigation, some evidence in the case was lost and Leonard has never been charged in Donella's case.

Leonard and Donella have a son who was two years old in 1979. She was working as an executive secretary at the time of her disappearance. Her mother died in 2012.

Authorities believe Donella vanished under suspicious circumstances. Few details are available in her case, but foul play is suspected.
http://charleyproject.org/case/donella-jean-coultas

Some stats don’t match but Donella is listed as having brown, SHORT hair at the time she went missing 12/18/79 In South Pasadena, CA.

UID was found 2/16/80 (2 months later)in Palm Desert, CA and resembles Donella.

Eyebrows and bridge of the nose look identical to me.

1666567231323.jpeg

1666567343671.jpeg1666567360946.jpeg

Wow--the resemblance is so striking.

Could the killer have cut her hair off in an effort to misdirect anyone who found her?

Wow--the resemblance is so striking.

Could the killer have cut her hair off in an effort to misdirect anyone who found her?
I’m not sure but Donella’s physical description says her hair was brown and SHORT at the time of her disappearance.

I would think that her photos were not recent since one is a wedding photo and the others appear to be milestone photos.

DNA is available according to Doe Network. I think it’s worth a shot in submitting.

Physical Description (Donella) MP​

Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair DescriptionSHORT

Yes, please submit. I think it's a very strong find.

Her spouse would have supplied her descriptors to LE, so I don't know how accurate they'd be. Her hair is gorgeous in those pictures, and she was quite young at the age of her disappearance. That's not really a girl who'd readily cut it short imho.

Donella and UP7139 have been submitted to NamUs and also Doe Network for review as a potential match. I think it’s a good possibility as the distance from MP DLC and UID found is only 120 miles.

I have received an email back from Mary Bell already confirming that these two have not been previously compared.

This was my first submission to Doe Network. I have always submitted through NamUs only so was happy to receive her response already.

We shall see. Please keep your fingers crossed that Donella can be found and identified.

Thank you for the suggested match. I don't show any comparison of these having been done so I will have our panel look at it. If is proven to be a positive match, I will contact you further.

Best Regards,
Mary Bell

Tips & Potential Match Coordinator

Doe Network "International Center For Unidentified And Missing Persons”

Donella and UP7139 have been submitted to NamUs and also Doe Network for review as a potential match. I think it’s a good possibility as the distance from MP DLC and UID found is only 120 miles.
Credit to you. I believe these two are the same. I don't visually see anything different about them aside from the unidentified's left outer incisor appearing fractured in the photo. Although Donella has a cesarean scar, we don't know the condition of the unidentified's abdomen to know whether or not it could be identified.

In Addition, the unidentified appears to have buck teeth, and Donella is described as having buck teeth.

coultas.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back